Mairvul Footbawl 2017

STARSNBARS

1 hour ago, QSouth89 said:

I'm pretty sure this has been addressed (I'm not reaing 94 pages worth of messages) but word is that George Quarles is a candidate for the ETSU head coaching position (my alma mater).  I think this would be a great fit and I hope he gets the position.

He just got promoted to OC at Furman after one year as TE coach and associate head coach.  Don't think he'll be leaving Furman.

1 hour ago, QSouth89 said:

You don't think he'd leave Furman for a head coaching position? Wow

Not for that head coaching job.  It's just not a great job at this point.  Still a long way to go for that program to get to the competitive stage.    

As I posted above, Furman is his alma mater, his wife is from Greeneville so they are back close to family and have just moved a year ago, and he isn't ego driven.  

2 hours ago, HTV said:

Not for that head coaching job.  It's just not a great job at this point.  Still a long way to go for that program to get to the competitive stage.    

As I posted above, Furman is his alma mater, his wife is from Greeneville so they are back close to family and have just moved a year ago, and he isn't ego driven.  

Well said.

GO REBELS!!!!!!!!!

Still a high school thread correct?

GO REBELS!!!!!

15 hours ago, HTV said:

That make sense.  Thank you for the information.

2 hours ago, Red Rebels said:

It's a Mairvul thread. They are know for going off on tangents. We might discuss things from 55 years ago like they were yesterday. 

289ako1.jpg

It's the off season.  Unless the conversation is limited to who is doing what in off season workouts, then the conversation has to go "off topic".  

Just saying.  

22 minutes ago, HTV said:

It's the off season.  Unless the conversation is limited to who is doing what in off season workouts, then the conversation has to go "off topic".  

Just saying.  

GQ and company had a rule among the coaches that they couldn't talk about next year until after Jan 1.  So if we follow that rule, we have to get off topic since we can't talk about next year!

3 hours ago, Red Rebels said:

It's a Mairvul thread. They are know for going off on tangents. We might discuss things from 55 years ago like they were yesterday. 

289ako1.jpg

And 53 years ago, 1964 Rebels state championship team (AP).

Makes me mad when reporting outlets (and Coacht members) say MHS has 16 state championships. DB and every school I know claim their AP championships (before the playoff system), but when it comes to MHS, the media and others won't give the 1964 team the recognition that it earned and deserved. Every time I hear someone say MHS has 16 state championship, I always correct them.......NO 17!   (I like your signature)  That team only had 14 points scored against it and was ranked nationally.

Edited by OldRebel2

3 hours ago, OldRebel2 said:

And 53 years ago, 1964 Rebels state championship team (AP).

Makes me mad when reporting outlets (and Coacht members) say MHS has 16 state championships. DB and every school I know claim their AP championships (before the playoff system), but when it comes to MHS, the media and others won't give the 1964 team the recognition that it earned and deserved. Every time I hear someone say MHS has 16 state championship, I always correct them.......NO 17!   (I like your signature)  That team only had 14 points scored against it and was ranked nationally.

OR2 lett me ennurjeck rite hear.....

1. Mairvul #1 inn stait champeenships wif 17

2. Mairvul #1 inn ovurhaul winns wif  786

c. Nummburr 1 inn Sunny More's Finull Rankins fer all skools inn Tinn fer 2017.....:popcorneater:

• Like 1