Sonny Moore

pujo

Your ignorant if you don't think Marion County is open zoned. The first 2 bold points are the same System that Alcoa uses and being in Marion County is easier to go to were you want too so I don't know your point. At least in Alcoa you have to pay a tuition were Marion county you just stated you didn't if you attended as a freshman. Marion can pull from Chatt the same way that Alcoa can pull from Knoxville.... Does it happen? I know Marion county tried to pull from Grundy this past year....

Read the information you posted and you will realize that you are not only ignorant, but you need to work on your reading comprehension skills.  Open enrollment implies students can go to any school they want to in the system, but as you see in the info posted that they cannot without approval from the director and the school.  On top of that, TSSAA rules STILL have to be followed. 

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm from SP and will answer this question. No, Marion County doesn't pull from Chattanooga. Marion County has three high schools in the county. Yes, we are not zoned. You can go to any school you want to, but bus services are not offered for any school other than the one in your immediate area. SP has around 230 students, Marion County around 500 and Whitwell around 300.

Actually Bass, they are zoned.  Look at the info on the Marion County site.  Plus, if a kid plays at one of the other schools, TSSAA rules have to be followed.  If its a Freshmen it obviously wouldn't be a problem but if its a Sophomore or higher and played at the other school, then it would be.  Also, they 3 schools meet the criteria of what TSSAA says a zone is, i.e. the specific bus routes etc.

Edited by rlh

This crap and disrespect for Alcoa is absolutely ridiculous. Alcoa is the staple of 3A football. If ANYONE thinks Alcoa isn't the real deal then please excuse yourself from these boards.

If you are referring to me just say it because I'm here for the next four years and we didn't come to kiss any rings. No one has never disrespected Alcoa but we aren't scared either. Please let me know what was "crap" and "disrespect"

Edited by willie2888

Willie, Willie, Willie. You know I gave Trezevant the nod the past two seasons. I called both championships correctly, but Alcoa is a whole different animal than Marion County the past few seasons. Trezevant should be able to compete with Alcoa, but it will be much tougher than what you have been use to seeing in Cookeville.

We have taken lumps in Cookeville before that's why they won't be scared. I just believe with the out of conference schedule that Trezevant plays we have seen teams better than them. I just hate to say it but I believe you eastern guys have your favorites and believe those teams compare to Trezevant. Just like Trezevant haven't seen Alcoa guess what Alcoa has not seen Trezevant either. Nobody said it would be easy but they will be up to the challenge.

We have taken lumps in Cookeville before that's why they won't be scared. I just believe with the out of conference schedule that Trezevant plays we have seen teams better than them. I just hate to say it but I believe you eastern guys have your favorites and believe those teams compare to Trezevant. Just like Trezevant haven't seen Alcoa guess what Alcoa has not seen Trezevant either. Nobody said it would be easy but they will be up to the challenge.

You eastern guys? Wth is this? I've been here for a very long time and give every team their due. I don't care where they are from. Alcoa has routinely beaten Fulton. I can assure you they have seen teams like Trezevant.

Read the information you posted and you will realize that you are not only ignorant, but you need to work on your reading comprehension skills. Open enrollment implies students can go to any school they want to in the system, but as you see in the info posted that they cannot without approval from the director and the school. On top of that, TSSAA rules STILL have to be followed.

Every open zoned school system has the same clause about the approval of the school. Is Greeneville and Greene County open zoned? They have the same rules and stipulation of the Marion County and they get called opened zoned since 1940 because we are. Alcoa is the same way and sorry it's hurt your feelings you can't fall back on that. Please go look up your own counties school zone. No school zone that is closed zoned will except kids from in county or out of county that the bus doesn't pick them up,. No closed zoned school has a tuition in there policy? Bus routes run to every school even in opened zoned (that doesn't mean it's closed zone and school don't take students from other bus routes, your own policy says that) Marion Co is not one of them. Marion County by their own school board policy is OPEN ZONED.

PS. All schools that play in the TSSAA have to follow the rules. Funny you would bring that up when the TSSAA put MC on probation twice in the last 4 year for breaking rules.....

Edited by Swipes

We was compared to AE for two days by everyone who had seen them play. How did that comparison work out? You can't compare them.

I never compared Trezevant to AE. As a matter of fact I predicted a 2-3 TD win for Marion over them. Last week I said if Trezevant played a turnover free game they would beat anyone in 2A including Marion by 21.

Every open zoned school system has the same clause about the approval of the school. Is Greeneville and Greene County open zoned? They have the same rules and stipulation of the Marion County and they get called opened zoned since 1940 because we are. Alcoa is the same way and sorry it's hurt your feelings you can't fall back on that. Please go look up your own counties school zone. No school zone that is closed zoned will except kids from in county or out of county that the bus doesn't pick them up,. No closed zoned school has a tuition in there policy? Bus routes run to every school even in opened zoned (that doesn't mean it's closed zone and school don't take students from other bus routes, your own policy says that) Marion Co is not one of them. Marion County by their own school board policy is OPEN ZONED.

PS. All schools that play in the TSSAA have to follow the rules. Funny you would bring that up when the TSSAA put MC on probation twice in the last 4 year for breaking rules.....

RLH is a SP fan just like me. Believe me he isn't taking up for Marion County.

I never compared Trezevant to AE. As a matter of fact I predicted a 2-3 TD win for Marion over them. Last week I said if Trezevant played a turnover free game they would beat anyone in 2A including Marion by 21.

Think about a penalty free game without the bad snaps and such. Without that Trez plays with a lot of teams.