Sonny Moore

pujo

I'm not an Alcoa fan, I'm just stating the obvious. Alcoa will coach anyone in Memphis off the field. You think Alcoa doesn't have the athletes to match anyone then you're crazy. Talent some years could be equal between the teams but current coaching staffs will never be equal. Rankin hasn't accidentally won 12 championships. I also like that you compared your success against whitehaven in a jamboree. Anyone who watched all the championship games will tell you that whitehaven and trez were the two most undisciplined teams in the whole thing. That falls on coaching. You all aren't disciplined enough to beat teams like Alcoa. Maybe compete but not beat.

I understand the tradition that Alcoa boast and deservedly so. Anyone who has done what they have deserves to be commended and the fans have all the rights to brag. with that being said if anyone has won that many times the competition level has to be questioned. All I'm saying is we just want a shot, may not win but we just want a shot. Those rings will not help those boys when the whistle blows that's all I'm saying. Who is the next best team in the east competing with Alcoa. I was watching the scoreboard all year long I just know names of schools not their talent level. Is anyone competing with Alcoa out east looks to me like its been total domination.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I understand the tradition that Alcoa boast and deservedly so. Anyone who has done what they have deserves to be commended and the fans have all the rights to brag. with that being said if anyone has won that many times the competition level has to be questioned. All I'm saying is we just want a shot, may not win but we just want a shot. Those rings will not help those boys when the whistle blows that's all I'm saying. Who is the next best team in the east competing with Alcoa. I was watching the scoreboard all year long I just know names of schools not their talent level. Is anyone competing with Alcoa out east looks to me like its been total domination.

To be honest, there could be better competition in 3A...Alcoa has been so dominant that some legitimate 3A enrollment schools who have ambitions for a championship play up to 4A to avoid them. 

I'm west tn guy through and through but Trezevant who was a very solid team could not and will not compete with Alcoa in most years. If the two had played this year the score would have been similar to the Alcoa and Liberty game. Trezevant does play a rugged schedule but they also lost those games handily. Trezevant struggled with Mitchell losing one and just got by in the other. 1a Union City run Mitchell off the field. Trezevant will be good in 3a but will not dominant the west of the state let alone be able to compete with Alcoa. Like I said I am all for west Tn but I am also realistic. Good luck to Trezevant next season and beyond but 2a is a different animal than 3a.

I'm west tn guy through and through but Trezevant who was a very solid team could not and will not compete with Alcoa in most years. If the two had played this year the score would have been similar to the Alcoa and Liberty game. Trezevant does play a rugged schedule but they also lost those games handily. Trezevant struggled with Mitchell losing one and just got by in the other. 1a Union City run Mitchell off the field. Trezevant will be good in 3a but will not dominant the west of the state let alone be able to compete with Alcoa. Like I said I am all for west Tn but I am also realistic. Good luck to Trezevant next season and beyond but 2a is a different animal than 3a.

If we would've played them with Cordarrian Richardson this year I promise you the score wouldn't have looked like Liberty. Also tell me what game Trezevant lost handily besides Ensworth this year. Trezevant plays 6A teams out of conference Alcoa is 3A. Tell me why we can't dominate 3A when before we came to 2A we was starting to dominate in 4A

If we would've played them with Cordarrian Richardson this year I promise you the score wouldn't have looked like Liberty. Also tell me what game Trezevant lost handily besides Ensworth this year. Trezevant plays 6A teams out of conference Alcoa is 3A. Tell me why we can't dominate 3A when before we came to 2A we was starting to dominate in 4A

Because Alcoas in 3a, that's why. I'm not a fan of either one but Alcoa is just that much better than everybody else in 3a. Somebody asked earlier in the thread if Alcoa could play with Whitehaven and I think not. They would compete in 4a and possibly 5a somewhat but not 6a, those teams are in a whole different level to Alcoa as Alcoa is to the rest of 3a

Because Alcoas in 3a, that's why. I'm not a fan of either one but Alcoa is just that much better than everybody else in 3a. Somebody asked earlier in the thread if Alcoa could play with Whitehaven and I think not. They would compete in 4a and possibly 5a somewhat but not 6a, those teams are in a whole different level to Alcoa as Alcoa is to the rest of 3a

Somebody has some sence!Alcoa is Alcoa PERIOD!Teams move up to run from them.Trez has plenty of athletes but the coaching is not even close and that's what sets them apart.Trez,Marion,Seq don't have nothing for Alcoa.Trez may get a shot but it will end just like Liberty,sorry guys I love the Trez story but when you go to 3A you as everyone else will be playing for second!

Some 3A schools moved up to get away from them. Alcoa has routinely beaten CAK, Fulton, Knox Catholic and others through the years. Alcoa beats a lot of teams in the off season. Also, Alcoa has played up in classification the majority of the time. They could have been playing 2A about every season since 2009, but elected to move up for more competition.

I see why Alcoa beats everybody because to yall they are the Alcoa Titans. I can imagine how the teams that play them already feel before the game starts. No one is unbeatable trust me.

They get their whippin once a year against Maryville.So they are beatable just not so much after Maryville!LOL.

Willie like I said, I am a west Tn guy and was very happy that the west and particularly Memphis schools done so well this season. Alcoa is the cream of the crop in 3a and will continue to be as long as Rankin is their. Trezevant will be a good 3a program but they will have stiff competition in the west just to get to Cookeville. Trezevant will not cruise to Cookeville like they have the last two years. Most years Alcoa is simply better than the teams from the west. I don't think that trend is going to stop anytime soon. Trezevant will find things much tougher in 3a than in 2a. Good luck to the Bears and I would love to see them dethrone Alcoa but that will be a very tall task.

Willie please explain to me how Trez lost to Mitchell and barely beat them in the playoffs? That's the same Mitchell team that 1a Union City run off the field. Now like I said Trez is a very good program but to say they can beat Alcoa is alittle crazy. Plenty of good west Tn 3a teams they will have to get through to even get to Alcoa. Ask Milan fans how they fared against Alcoa. Milan year in and year out is 3a football in west Tn. Trez not at that level yet. They may get there but are not there yet.