R'dale-Off season tidbits........

Lost Old Dad

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, FBfan26 said:

I seen you guys got handed by Cane Ridge. I was thinking this was a big season for yall and it would have been a little bit more competitive.

Riverdale has still got some building to do before they catch up to other teams in the region. Coach Kriesky has done an exemplary job, but there is only so much you can do in the time he has been HC

4 hours ago, MidTennFootball said:

Riverdale has still got some building to do before they catch up to other teams in the region. Coach Kriesky has done an exemplary job, but there is only so much you can do in the time he has been HC

AMEN!  Man has the support of both new and Old fans as he tries to rebuild the 10 year effort to destroy what was one of the most formable programs in the state.

I still think it will be another story when it actually counts.  Now is the time for fine tuning your team.  Not for chest thumping by a METRO team actually doing well against a RuthCo Team in a RARE instance.

7 hours ago, MidTennFootball said:

Hope this was just a bad outing but getting blown out by CR at home isn't a good start for year two.  I was expecting/hoping to see a lot of improvement this year.

How did Rankin do years one and two of his tenure?

This 2017-18 team is in trouble. The positives are the run defense can be outstanding with some improvement but the negatives far outweigh the pluses. The secondary is very weak and can be exploited and teams like Blackman will destroy it. The offense will be improved with another year experience under their belts. The question after watching 3 scrimmages is the play calling. The pro style offensive is questionable. Doing check downs to run off tackle for no gain over and over makes no sense. Scruggs is spark but they seem to be relying on him for the big strike scoring too much. The kicking game once again is horrible on a middle school. For the life of me I don't understand how a school of this size cant find anyone who can kick the ball. But the most troubling thing with this team once again is its lack of drive and discipline. Walking on and off the field and the lack drive in the players is puzzling. It's like they are just going through the motions. The only discipline I see is the screaming coming from the coach without results. I hate to say it but this team is looking at another 5-5 season.