Quarles leaving Maryville

GC_Quincy

This is the deal, the same way Alabama passed on a more qualified Sly Croom for Mike Shula average coaching self I am wondering out loud would the Maryville Red Rebels, with their appreciation for the Confederate Flag, be willing to let a Brother lead their program? Knowing PEOPLE from East TN the way I know them I think this is a fair question that the good people in that area can answer without getting all bent out of shape. This society is what it is. Let's stop trying to pretend that the BlackHavenSenator is making up red herrings. So if you, RW87, or anyone else that knows the program and its ins and outs would like to speak on what I'm wondering, please do, I'd love to hear your opinion, IF NOT, just skip my reasonable thoughts. It's no big deal but tadvols (sp?) put it out there and I'm willing to follow up with some questions. Thanks in advance :thumb::thumb::thumb:

I don't speak for everyone. I understand some people still think like that. But I can honestly say the maryville fans that I know couldn't care less about color. As a sevier county fan, I can say there would be no issues at SCHS from what I've seen.

This is the deal, the same way Alabama passed on a more qualified Sly Croom for Mike Shula average coaching self I am wondering out loud would the Maryville Red Rebels, with their appreciation for the Confederate Flag, be willing to let a Brother lead their program? Knowing PEOPLE from East TN the way I know them I think this is a fair question that the good people in that area can answer without getting all bent out of shape. This society is what it is. Let's stop trying to pretend that the BlackHavenSenator is making up red herrings. So if you, RW87, or anyone else that knows the program and its ins and outs would like to speak on what I'm wondering, please do, I'd love to hear your opinion, IF NOT, just skip my reasonable thoughts. It's no big deal but tadvols (sp?) put it out there and I'm willing to follow up with some questions. Thanks in advance   :thumb:  :thumb:  :thumb:  

Obviously you don't know many people from East Tennessee if you still have those beliefs.  

Time to move on.  The rest of us have.  

• Upvote 1

This is the deal, the same way Alabama passed on a more qualified Sly Croom for Mike Shula average coaching self I am wondering out loud would the Maryville Red Rebels, with their appreciation for the Confederate Flag, be willing to let a Brother lead their program? Knowing PEOPLE from East TN the way I know them I think this is a fair question that the good people in that area can answer without getting all bent out of shape. This society is what it is. Let's stop trying to pretend that the BlackHavenSenator is making up red herrings. So if you, RW87, or anyone else that knows the program and its ins and outs would like to speak on what I'm wondering, please do, I'd love to hear your opinion, IF NOT, just skip my reasonable thoughts. It's no big deal but tadvols (sp?) put it out there and I'm willing to follow up with some questions. Thanks in advance :thumb::thumb::thumb:

As a lifelong resident of blount county, my uncles neighbor told me that he once had a fishing buddy who happened to be black. So I don't think race will be an issue....only joking bhs. Sadly the racism you speak of can still easily be found in most every state, town, school, restaurant, and bar in the country. It has been and continues to be a cancer to our society. But as for the murvil/Alcoa twin cities, I proudly believe race relations are as good as it has ever been. As a father of 3, I can emphatically state it is not an issue for the kids I know. And I do not believe it will be an issue to those doing the hiring.
  • Upvote 1