Quarles leaving Maryville

GC_Quincy

It's a fact that things haven't been the same over there since he hit the road......

Wouldn't disagree with that but the Gaylor deal has nothing to do with this. GQ's room mate in college was recently hired as Furman's head coach. Connect the dots from there. 

Welp eye haiv pulled my thumb outta my mouf and gott out tha cornur....Standin' hear on Worshintun' Streat Bridge....Lett me innerjeck

1. GQ iz  goodur purson thain coach and thait's a mouffull

2. Wundur whose gonna bee athletick direcktur and if'un tham jobs weal bee twogethur?

c. Mairvul, like HTV sed iz one ov, if'un knott tha best publick skool corchin' job inn Tinnersee. Purryid.

4. Eye cood bee a athletick direckur and hep wif tha recrootin..eye meen stewdunts and also hep Ms. Furgusson inn tha slow lurnurs Anglish Dept.

5. SNB Recrootin' and Garbige Servuss weal jist putt on moore steam 

Lett me git inn tha truk and oft tha bridge and warm my hands...and eye'll bee baik... :popcorneater:

Honestly what effect will this have on players who aren't from Maryville coming there to play now that GQ is gone? Yes, the name recruits itself, but I'm sure a big part of that was parents wanting their kid to play for Quarles as well I would think? Would like to hear some Maryville fans' opinions on that?

That depends.  I don't really think that Maryville gets that many kids "not from Maryville."  Yes, they have some kids who are tuition kids and they get some transfers from time to time, but most of the tuition kids are tuition kids from kindergarten on and are doing that because Maryville is an excellent education system that prepares kids for college.  In terms of transfers, it once again depends on why the parents are moving that kid.  I think most are moving their child to be in an entirely better school system, and part of that is football.  I don't think, but I could be wrong, many parents are moving their children to Maryville simply because of football/Quarles.

Still, just to play the game, it all depends on how the next coach does.  If there are parents planning to move their kids in 2017 then they may have pause and might not do so.  However, if the new coach has an excellent season in 2017 and seems to be a good person then I don't see why any parents would not want their kid to go to Maryville to continue to play at a high competitive level and to get an excellent education.