OAK RIDGE 2017 FOOTBALL

WillieTheWildcat

Hey, even the "Sweet One" is wrong ever now and then. I could've swore SI told me he was on the relay team yesterday, so I blame him LOL Sorry, SI haha. See, not everything is Gaddis' fault. But, if it isn't his fault it is BFSI's fault lolol Love you guys.

Yes, and even I am wrong (if you talk to my kids that is often).  Sorry for the misinfo SS!

I was there. They had to run the 100 into a nasty headwind so the times are slow. He also ran out of lane 8 which wouldn't be the best lane because he couldn't see the whole field. He looked even better in the 4x100 where it looked like the 3rd runner stumbled or ran out of gas just as he got to graham but graham flew on the straightaway. Honestly he looks more impressive than last year whether he's hurt or not. OR had a strong group of sprinters because they didn't run the same group for both sprint relays but were still very good. I think several of them are football players so that should bode well for them this fall.

I was there of course, Oak Ridge wins 4x100 if 3rd leg doesn't pull up. He seemed hurt or something. Graham basically had to slow down and wait for baton. But he made ground quickly. On 100 he didn't look to push out on start which makes sense if a hip area injury but once up and going he motored down. I was sitting with DB parent and he said Graham is one kid who's as fast on a field as he is on a track. Not many people can convert that speed. An OR parent said on both relays relays it was only 1 SR. And they all play football.

Edited by GIJoe

Rivalry Thursday will not carry any Oak Ridge games this season according to Mark Packer. He said he offered OR a game but Coach Mullins declined.

Oak Ridge is among several area schools that are opting not to host those games.  Some feel that the way that the broadcasts alter the normal flow of the game and game week is much too distracting.

In order to get Maryville on the air, Rivalry Thursday is going to Ooltewah in week 9.  

Edited by HTV