Girls Basketball "Glass House" predicitons....

Coming soon to the Glass House... Class AAA

1. Riverdale 20-0 

2. Bradley Central 22-0 

3. White Station 18-3 

4. Oak Ridge 21-2 

5. Bearden 19-1 

6. Wilson Central 22-2 

7. Morristown West 21-2 

8. Daniel Boone 21-4 

Class AA

1. Jackson South Side  17-0 

2. Upperman  22-3 

3. McMinn Central 20-3 

4. Cheatham County 20-2 

5. Westview 21-3 

6. East Nashville 19-4 

7. Westmoreland 19-2 

8. Lewis County 22-2 

Class A

1. South Greene 22-4

2. Pickett County 21-1

3. Moore County 19-2 

4. Gleason 21-4 

5. Greenfield 20-3 

6. Dresden 18-5 

7. Mitchell 21-3 

8. Meigs County 17-5 

5]

1. Riverdale 20-0

2. Bradley Central 22-0

3. White Station 18-3

4. Oak Ridge 21-2

5. Bearden 19-1

6. Wilson Central 22-2

7. Morristown West 21-2

8. Daniel Boone 21-4

Class AA

5]1. Jackson South Side 17-0

2. Upperman 22-3

3. McMinn Central 20-3

4. Cheatham County 20-2

5. Westview 21-3

6. East Nashville 19-4

7. Westmoreland 19-2

8. Lewis County 22-2

Class A

5]1. South Greene 22-4

2. Pickett County 21-1

3. Moore County 19-2

4. Gleason 21-4

5. Greenfield 20-3

6. Dresden 18-5

7. Mitchell 21-3

8. Meigs County 17-5

1. Riverdale 20-0 

2. Bradley Central 22-0 

3. White Station 18-3 

4. Oak Ridge 21-2 

5. Bearden 19-1 

6. Wilson Central 22-2 

7. Morristown West 21-2 

8. Daniel Boone 21-4 

Class AA

2. Upperman  22-3 

3. McMinn Central 20-3 

4. Cheatham County 20-2 

5. Westview 21-3 

6. East Nashville 19-4 

7. Westmoreland 19-2 

8. Lewis County 22-2 

Class A

1. South Greene 22-4

2. Pickett County 21-1

3. Moore County 19-2 

4. Gleason 21-4 

5. Greenfield 20-3 

6. Dresden 18-5 

7. Mitchell 21-3 

8. Meigs County 17-5 

All of those predictions are impossible.  Only two teams can come from a pair of Regions (1&2, 3&4, 5&6, 7&8)

For example, in AA:  

East Nashville, Westmoreland, Lewis, and Cheatham can't all make it since they are all from Region 5AA and 6AA (only two of those potentially could).  Of the East Nashville, Westmoreland, and Cheatham group, one of those will not make it out of the Region 5AA Tournament (and it could be that two of them don't make it, because Pearl Cohn is in the mix with those teams as well).

Lewis might make it out of Region 6AA, but I wouldn't say they are the favorite.  CPA, Giles, Creek Wood, East Hickman, and Page could all make it to Sub-State out of 6AA.

I was talking with a buddy about all of this the other day. The only teams that I would say are almost sure bets to make it to the state tournament in all classes is Riverdale and South Greene. The rest of it is going to come down to who is playing the best basketball at the right time...

I'll break down West TN...

Single A:

Greenfield, Gleason, Dresden are all in the top 10 in the state. You also have Middleton who is the most athletic Single A team in West TN with arguably the best player in Single A basketball in Chelsey Perry. Then, you have Gibson County who has beaten Greenfield and lost to Dresden by 1 earlier in the year. Trenton Peabody and Trinity Christian are capable of beating any of the previously mentioned teams as well.... in fact, both of these teams have beaten Gibson County this year. I don't think Memphis will have anything to offer in Single A.

Double A:

Jackson South Side is running through its schedule, but an overtime win over Lexington and a 2 point win over Bolivar shows they're capable of being upset. I do think South Side is the best team out here. Haywood County got off to a slow start, but picking it up winning 13 straight. Dyersburg looked to be capable of being one of the top teams, but their best player went down with an ACL injury. Martin Westview has played the majority of its season without the starting PG, but that didn't really affect them much. Westview and Southside look to be the front runners, for now....

Triple A:

Rural West TN doesn't have much to offer in Triple A. I would say the two best teams are Dyer County and Henry County, but not sure either are capable of beating the Memphis powers. White Station is the most talented team in Memphis this year, but Memphis Central, Whitehaven, or Houston are capable of knocking them off. If I had to make a guess, I would say it will be White Station and Memphis Central in Murfreesboro.

Edited by GCPioneer

All of those predictions are impossible.  Only two teams can come from a pair of Regions (1&2, 3&4, 5&6, 7&8)

For example, in AA:  

East Nashville, Westmoreland, Lewis, and Cheatham can't all make it since they are all from Region 5AA and 6AA (only two of those potentially could).  Of the East Nashville, Westmoreland, and Cheatham group, one of those will not make it out of the Region 5AA Tournament (and it could be that two of them don't make it, because Pearl Cohn is in the mix with those teams as well).

Lewis might make it out of Region 6AA, but I wouldn't say they are the favorite.  CPA, Giles, Creek Wood, East Hickman, and Page could all make it to Sub-State out of 6AA.

Glad that you took the time to point all that out...all that I could do was shake my head and wonder why folks try to appear to know more than they do.

1. Riverdale 20-0 

2. Bradley Central 22-0 

3. White Station 18-3 

4. Oak Ridge 21-2 

5. Bearden 19-1 

6. Wilson Central 22-2 

7. Morristown West 21-2 

8. Daniel Boone 21-4 

Class AA

2. Upperman  22-3 

3. McMinn Central 20-3 

4. Cheatham County 20-2 

5. Westview 21-3 

6. East Nashville 19-4 

7. Westmoreland 19-2 

8. Lewis County 22-2 

Class A

1. South Greene 22-4

2. Pickett County 21-1

3. Moore County 19-2 

4. Gleason 21-4 

5. Greenfield 20-3 

6. Dresden 18-5 

7. Mitchell 21-3 

8. Meigs County 17-5 

Ok not possible on the AAA or AA side, not sure if you're just looking at records or what but you clearly don't understand the process.  Class A is not too far off however there will be another team out of 7A in there.  Most likely Clarkrange if i was guessing.  Gleason, Greenfield and Dresden cannot all make the glass house FYI

Edited by UCSportsFan

I am so sorry if i messed up. I apologize, loose sleep over comments on here, take meds to get through the day. 

I think you get the message.......I was just making a point that picking a top ten "10" from any media source is useless. TEN teams from each classification cannot go to the tourney so pick an honest "EIGHT" which is the number that can go to the Glass House.

Who are your predictions for....Class A