Clay Co. vs Harriman Single A State Championship

Shozen

What a game what a game!! Tyreke Key is really a special player! I'm rooting for him his entire college career. He truly deserved the MVP of that tournament. Also Clay County fans have been one of the most rowdy supportive groups at that tournament. I can respect a place that gives their full support to their kids. We were in heavy foul trouble and they should have kept attacking us as it was leading to easy buckets. To the seniors I just wanna say how proud of you all I am and how much fun it's been watching you all grow up and become great young men on and off the court. I'm gonna miss watching you all play! To Coach Shannon thank you for guiding this talented group and putting together solid game plans and nailing down the fundamentals in the tournament! They have turned into smart young men on the court! To the underclassmen you've got a taste and you've been grinding with these guys day in and day out to make them better and better yourself! Keep putting in work and results will come! I'm proud of those Blue Devils tonight!! But I am retiring from the T due to future endeavors. If any of you would like to keep contact I will tell ya where to find me. Good run and great year Harriman!

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a game what a game!! Tyreke Key is really a special player! I'm rooting for him his entire college career. He truly deserved the MVP of that tournament. Also Clay County fans have been one of the most rowdy supportive groups at that tournament. I can respect a place that gives their full support to their kids. We were in heavy foul trouble and they should have kept attacking us as it was leading to easy buckets. To the seniors I just wanna say how proud of you all I am and how much fun it's been watching you all grow up and become great young men on and off the court. I'm gonna miss watching you all play! To Coach Shannon thank you for guiding this talented group and putting together solid game plans and nailing down the fundamentals in the tournament! They have turned into smart young men on the court! To the underclassmen you've got a taste and you've been grinding with these guys day in and day out to make them better and better yourself! Keep putting in work and results will come! I'm proud of those Blue Devils tonight!! But I am retiring from the T due to future endeavors. If any of you would like to keep contact I will tell ya where to find me. Good run and great year Harriman!

A very classy post to end your tenure on Coach T.  Good luck in your future endeavors,

Later BD its been fun!If you ever want to talk get with SW he has my number.PS stay away from cheerleaders wearing orange and black!☺

Did anybody notice how dumb clay county coach was at the end of the game calling his last timeout with 8 seconds left with Harriman shooting a free throw . In high school click runs on a made basket . Key hits the 3 with 2.8! Left but he wasted his timeout . If your down you have to keep your last timeout .

Did anybody notice how dumb clay county coach was at the end of the game calling his last timeout with 8 seconds left with Harriman shooting a free throw . In high school click runs on a made basket . Key hits the 3 with 2.8! Left but he wasted his timeout . If your down you have to keep your last timeout .

He probably was trying to "ice" the shooter. They were up 3 at that point. If he missed, the final 3pter would have tied it. It was a chance to do that.

Sometimes you just have to pick the best time to use it...ice the shooter and set up your play on offense at the same time, allowing for the possibility of a made or missed free throw. The worst decision that I saw was in the previous time out...you set a play where the best player in your classification dribbles down the floor and makes one pass, and someone not named Key takes the crucial shot. No disrespect to the other Clay Co. players, but Key takes the shots in the last 1:30 of the game if I'm coaching them, or has the option to create their shots off his penetration. too much time with the ball in others hands with the game on the line.

Sometimes you just have to pick the best time to use it...ice the shooter and set up your play on offense at the same time, allowing for the possibility of a made or missed free throw. The worst decision that I saw was in the previous time out...you set a play where the best player in your classification dribbles down the floor and makes one pass, and someone not named Key takes the crucial shot. No disrespect to the other Clay Co. players, but Key takes the shots in the last 1:30 of the game if I'm coaching them, or has the option to create their shots off his penetration. too much time with the ball in others hands with the game on the line.

You are spot on, Trader! Could not agree more!

Why hasn't bigger schools come calling on him? I've watched a lot of college basketball and he's better than most I have seen in the SEC. I mean maybe JJ Frazier from GA comes to mind but my word! He shoots better than anybody I have seen. Does he have the 1A stigma hanging over him or what? Coaches and recruiters are missing out big time!

I had asked the same question and was told he wanted to commit early to take the pressure off his senior year so he could just play ball and focus. Plus, they said he loved Indiana State and thought the school was a good fit for him.