Next Year's Top Teams in Single A

bobcatfan300

1 hour ago, BABABA said:

Big time win last night for Peabody 54-44 at GC! Big second half by Peabody as their pressure defense got to GC! Peabody takes the #1 seed, GC falls to #2! Dist tourn is gonna be tough! Gonna have to bring A game every night. Peabody's Mayberry went down at the start of the 4th quarter with a leg injury,hoping she's ok! I will say very impressed how the other kids for Peabody stepped up with 7+ minutes left in the game and increased the lead for Mayberry out and finished the game! Big win at a tough place to play! 

The big run that Peabody made in the third quarter was the difference in the ballgame - was a fun game to watch! Hoping Mayberry’s injury is nothing serious!

On 2/8/2018 at 0:04 PM, GCPioneer said:

Gibson County was without 2 starters the other night due to flu, and first player off the bench broke her hand in the Peabody game - tough luck here at tournament time.

agree!  with the loss to Peabody GC now has to match up with TCA in the semis on TCA's home court. That will be a tough ask. and If Mayberry doesn't return, the stars are aligning for TCA to win the district on their home court.  if I am not mistaken, the region tourney is played there as well. Huge advantage for TCA as they potentially don't leave their friendly confines until the state tournament.

IDK about a huge advantage, both Peabody and GC beat TCA on their home floor during the regular season. Player for player Peabody and GC are both better than TCA and should win. Sometimes more pressure playing at home! I pick Peabody still with or without Mayberry, this team gets after it defensively. 

5 hours ago, UCSportsFan said:

I watched them play the other night I was not impressed. 

I have to agree.  I saw them play Greenfield and Peabody. 22 is real good but when the guards were pressed they couldn’t get it to her and had upwards of 25 turnovers in both games.  BUT they will be at home thru district and regionals so u never know...

3 hours ago, BABABA said:

My thoughts also bullshark. TCA guard play is not very good. 22 is strictly on the block, if guards can't get it to her shes not a big factor.  

Trinity is a little slow. Best teams in west Tennessee are the fastest teams. Greenfield, Huntingdon and Peabody are I think the quickest teams around. Speed is the difference maker. Huntingdon shouldn't have to run a half court offense as fast as they are but don't try to run.

12 hours ago, BullShark said:

I have to agree.  I saw them play Greenfield and Peabody. 22 is real good but when the guards were pressed they couldn’t get it to her and had upwards of 25 turnovers in both games.  BUT they will be at home thru district and regionals so u never know...

Exactly!  I actually went there because I thought Middleton boys were playing TCA as I was in town on business. I watched them play Madison I think it was. They are extremely weak at the guard position and anyone that pressed them with good guards would run them out of the gym.