GCA 2017 - A New Era

gcapride

• 2 weeks later...

I'm hearing of a scrimmage with Hampton in Fall Practice, any truth to this?

Scrimmage against Hampton is scheduled for August 4th at GCA, unless it has changed since the last revised schedule was sent out. Should be a good litmus test for both programs. Ready for some Friday Night Lights

Scrimmage against Hampton is scheduled for August 4th at GCA, unless it has changed since the last revised schedule was sent out. Should be a good litmus test for both programs. Ready for some Friday Night Lights

You can tell we've moved to the DII boards when Bobby Boucher starts throwing out words like "litmus test". No need to try to impress these kind folks Bobby, they don't think we're worthy of a seat at the table, lol.

Hampton is going to be Hampton. Brewster has a long relationship with the Mike's (now just 1 Mike). They will come in and try to run it, run it again, then run it some more. We'll see what the D-Line and LB's have for the Dogs. Should be fun.

The fans should be realistic with Coach Bradley and the expectations for this year.  GCA will be better and he will eventually build them into a championship program in time.  Some players will be the foundation of the model he builds.  Others that are expected to be key contributors will likely end up pursuing other endeavors.  I'd expect this year to be a work in progress.  In November the Rams will be dangerous and a difficult draw in the playoffs.

On 6/25/2017 at 11:12 PM, howdoitknow said:

The fans should be realistic with Coach Bradley and the expectations for this year.  GCA will be better and he will eventually build them into a championship program in time.  Some players will be the foundation of the model he builds.  Others that are expected to be key contributors will likely end up pursuing other endeavors.  I'd expect this year to be a work in progress.  In November the Rams will be dangerous and a difficult draw in the playoffs.

Sounds like some EXCITING things and changes are in store for the new Rams.Gonna have one of the best Coaching staffs around.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

I'm going to come to as many games as I can this year. Can't wait to the first scrimmage to see how they do. I'm just so glad they got Bradley and think there are great things to come plus those are the best hamburgers I've had at a high school game.

Pride like the hot dogs.:rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, TheGuvna said:

If GCA got a good defensive coordinator to go along with Bradley they will be tough to beat.

We didn't have to look for one, he was already in place and CRB kept him in the same position. Coach Bradley has added a few really good assistants on the defensive side of the ball, as well. Looks like a solid staff.