Nashville or Memphis.

REBELRON

Are we talking D1 or all players that go to college? I know smaller schools will take kids that did not even play much in HS because they need numbers asked by their schools, Some small colleges will have 200 or more players, whether they can play or not. Also how about how many of these players ever play or better yet get their diploma. Schools with all these college players need to be winning programs or a look at the coaches needs to happen. I do know of one school who had 8 kids go to college at all levels and the school only won two games. 

14 hours ago, Blaze45 said:

So after some research I was able to nail it down to 32 but that is 5 schools. But here is the caveat Rutherford county has a population of 288k vs Memphis 656k...Argument could be made we produce as many college players per capita. But it is not about population...I still think we are getting there 

Well, considering you are talking 5 schools, 32 is pretty darn good. Even though the topic of this thread is Nashville or Memphis ... Murfreesboro is welcome into the discussion. I think this is an awesome discussion because it ought to get you to think about how many football players from your school are being recruited. 

I remember playing against Ravenwood in the semi-final games of 2014 and 2015. They had a guy who wore number 23. I can't remember his name right now. Fast as lightning with great field vision. He scored twice against Whitehaven in 2015 to help them win the game. If I remember the title game that year correctly, he did a number on Maryville as well. Well, I also remember hearing from a Whitehaven fan after the 2015 semi-final game that he had heard that the young man in question didn't have any offers to date, at that time of the season. Not ONE. There were maybe ten of us standing around looking at each other dumbfounded. How is it someone that talented has no offers? We all thought that he should of at least had SOME. He ended up picking up a late offer from TSU .

8 minutes ago, kwc said:

Well, considering you are talking 5 schools, 32 is pretty darn good. Even though the topic of this thread is Nashville or Memphis ... Murfreesboro is welcome into the discussion. I think this is an awesome discussion because it ought to get you to think about how many football players from your school are being recruited. 

I remember playing against Ravenwood in the semi-final games of 2014 and 2015. They had a guy who wore number 23. I can't remember his name right now. Fast as lightning with great field vision. He scored twice against Whitehaven in 2015 to help them win the game. If I remember the title game that year correctly, he did a number on Maryville as well. Well, I also remember hearing from a Whitehaven fan after the 2015 semi-final game that he had heard that the young man in question didn't have any offers to date, at that time of the season. Not ONE. There were maybe ten of us standing around looking at each other dumbfounded. How is it someone that talented has no offers? We all thought that he should of at least had SOME. He ended up picking up a late offer from TSU .

Your talking about Chris Rowland.  quick as a hiccup and had great vision.  Cant believe he didnt have more offer than he he did.  Played in All 11 games for TSU last year as a true freshman and Led the nation in combined return yards 1,103.

8 minutes ago, Swipes said:

Your talking about Chris Rowland.  quick as a hiccup and had great vision.  Cant believe he didnt have more offer than he he did.  Played in All 11 games for TSU last year as a true freshman and Led the nation in combined return yards 1,103.

Thanks Swipes. Chris Rowland ... that's him. It's great to read that he is tearing it up at TSU as a true freshman. I made a comment then that I will repeat now ... TSU got a STEAL. Because THAT young man should be at BAMA, or UT, or Florida State, or 'throw in Big Time D1 program name'.

• Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, kwc said:

1 hour ago, kwc said:

Chris Rowland was super fast  from Ravenwood.  Speaking of fast curious to see how Master Teague season plays out. Commited to Ohio put up two 4 consecutive 4.3x  40's at Bama and Ohio . Currently at Blackman We have 8 current players with offers on the table that I know of with 4 of the players going D1  schools but I know of two or three additional players that are being looked at but no offers yet. It will be interesting to see if success continues to build and feed itself or if it fizzles 

Edited by Blaze45

On 6/26/2017 at 3:14 PM, Blaze45 said:

I would say we are coming close to those numbers in Rutherford county. Between Oakland, Blackman, Smyrna, Riverdale, Siegel Stewarts Creek, Lavergne Eagleville and Middle Tenn Christian and I don't think our population is anywhere close to Memphis.  We may not be producing more but we are getting close 

Blaze:

First let me apologize for not thinking of this earlier. Last year on March 10, 2016 I started a thread in the General Football forum titled:

Memphis Area Players being Recruited - 2017

It is not a long thread to go through if you are interested because it is only 4 pages long. In that thread I cut and paste a lot of Commercial Appeal articles that concern local (Memphis) recruits. In the end, on February 3, 2017 I posted the following:

Memphis area February 1, NSD17 (National Signing Day 2017) numbers ... 79 LOIs signed ... and counting. 

(The breakdown of LOIs per high school)

That number should actually be 80 because I know of a Whitehaven player who is a late commit.

Anywho ... to my best count, 80 LOIs signed in Memphis for the 2016 - 2017 season.

Edited by kwc

13 hours ago, REBELRON said:

We can agree that both cities produce a lot of talent.  Would love to see the best ones wear Orange  on Saturday's.  

One thing that helps the midstate is Buck Fitzgerald and his NPA organization. 

I see other organizations that do just as much if not more.  I would say that talent is midstate talent even without the NPA.  

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, REBELRON said:

We can agree that both cities produce a lot of talent.  Would love to see the best ones wear Orange  on Saturday's.  

One thing that helps the midstate is Buck Fitzgerald and his NPA organization. 

Sounds like your from East Tn...Not to much Orange flying this way 

I always enjoy reading Murphy's book where it says where everyone is playing at the next level. This year I'll be looking a little closer I guess. 

There has been good conversation so far. I'll say that what saulsberry does seems like a winner. I don't know that I would say he does anymore than some other coaches I know of. I also don't know that I would look at LOI as a means to give an answer. I think looking at players that sign to play and enroll would be a better way. Hate to say it but a LOI is just a piece of paper now days. Just my opinion though. Carry on the good conversation.

• Upvote 1