McNairy Central

Bobcats83

17 hours ago, tradertwo said:

Riley has a relationship with some of these kids already...he also has a state championship with them, in middle school. If you think that he (Riley) isn't an "old school" coach because the kids have good relationships with him, you need to watch him coach. Discipline on and off the floor and maximum effort are required at all times, or you sit. You travel to away games...you dress accordingly and behave like you represent your school, or you sit. I could keep going, but you get the message. How can you be hard on kids and still have their respect? You respect them, and let it be seen that you care about them both on and off the court. Riley can be a gem, if "they" let him coach and support him.

So you had no idea what I was trying to say....I was trying to say that you still have discipline and are hard on the kids, what I was trying to convey is that if you do not have a relationship with them then they won't play for you when you are being hard on them and disciplining them. 

10 hours ago, WestTennRaider said:

So you had no idea what I was trying to say....I was trying to say that you still have discipline and are hard on the kids, what I was trying to convey is that if you do not have a relationship with them then they won't play for you when you are being hard on them and disciplining them. 

My reading comprehension is pretty good...LOL! I got what you were saying, and that you said "IF Coach Riley can...". I was letting you know that he already has proven that he can with this same group.

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/10/2017 at 11:19 PM, Bobcatsfan said:

concernedbobcat, I hate to break it to you, but MC only has two starters back and neither scored much last year. A rookie coach and inexperienced group of players is not a recipe for a good season.  A tissue soft non-conference schedule will help with the record, but it will not help in the district. 

You are correct.  Lexington, Southside and Northside will have superior athletes.  Riverside is no slouch, Chester County will be better in Coach Shelton's 2nd year, never know about Scotts Hill and records can be thrown out with games against county rival Adamsville.  Bobcats unfortunately will be playing for at best a 4th place finish.  

On 9/3/2017 at 7:00 PM, Macnarry said:

concernedbobcat, you are so misguided if you think Coach Lott only cares about playing his granddaughter. He cares about teaching basketball to teenagers and winning. I would guess he has won more games than you have ever watched.

I agree, he only cares about winning and getting his granddaughter playing time.  

7 hours ago, Bobcatsfan said:

Bobcats83, if you dislike Lott so much maybe you can go watch the team in red.  The team he has only beaten around 50 times and lost just a few. He does not need your help on his way to 900 victories.

Lott has done less with more talent than in coach ever.  Personally, I understand he is a good person and used to be a disciplinarian with his players but those days are gone. I don't dislike Lott, I dislike his coaching.  His coaching is the problem

I never said he wouldn't beat the team in red but since you brought it up it will be difficult to do that this year unless Warren has 30+

I would bet if you looked up the winning percentage of those teams he played for those 800+ victories it might be above 500 but doubtful.  

I loathe Chester Co and Lexington but Pipkin and Bianca Thomas coach circles around him.  If you could give the teams the same players they'd beat him everytime.  

Doesn't matter what you or I think, he is staying and that only hurts the kids.  

But pardon me for having an opinion