Top teams in A

tonym3143

15 hours ago, TBALLEXPERT said:

Middleton ran by TCA tonight. TCA got to within 5 during the second half but didn't seem to make any game plan adjustments to the fast pace Middleton brought.  Peabody sneaked by Humboldt in a barn burner that was close until the very end! Should be a very exciting  District finals

“Ran by”?  With 1:30 to go it was a 10 point game.  I think it was clear that Middleton was the best team but TCA made them earn that win and a missed couple of threes by Middleton could have made the difference.  

TCA has an excellent team. It wasn't an easy win for Middleton...Burkley let his boys have it during the last time out he called. The boys were were getting a little relaxed too early...Coach didn't take to kind to it. TCA does have the ability to erase a 10-12 pt lead very quickly. It will be very interesting to see what we get between Middleton and Trenton . Trenton had their way with Middleton in their last meeting. Trenton matches up well with Middleton...and you have to guard every player on the floor...a problem Humboldt seemed to have last night. HOW MANY THREES DOES A KID HAVE TO DROP ON YA BEFORE YOU DECIDE TO GUARD HIM? I don't know what it takes to get Humboldt out of a zone!!!

Edited by tonym3143

Middleton squeaks out a victory tonight over Peabody to win the 14A championship on a last second three pointer by Marius Reeves. Heck of a ball game by both teams. We'll probably see these 2 teams play again next week. Middleton's Ty Parks gets district POY and tournament MVP. Coach Burkley gets COY. Congrats to Ty, Coach Burkley and the Middleton Tigers.

District 12a is a competitive district with the top four teams. There is no question about it. But you said district 12a did well against West Tennessee schools this year and they did. However, district 12a didn't play the real teams of west Tennessee like Humbolt and Middleton. Throw in Douglass and Mase and now you have real west Tennessee basketball. I'm sorry but the teams in west Tennessee that 12a played were not these elite teams.

3 hours ago, karl98 said:

District 12a is a competitive district with the top four teams. There is no question about it. But you said district 12a did well against West Tennessee schools this year and they did. However, district 12a didn't play the real teams of west Tennessee like Humbolt and Middleton. Throw in Douglass and Mase and now you have real west Tennessee basketball. I'm sorry but the teams in west Tennessee that 12a played were not these elite teams.

Thank you...the top 4  district 12 teams  probably couldn't beat TCA let alone MAHS, WEB Dubois, Peabody, etc...

7 hours ago, tonym3143 said:

There will be at least 6 teams from west Tennessee that won't go to state that could beat any of the middle and east tn teams that make it

Agreed! I watched Middleton play Bradford and Humboldt play Peabody. All 4 teams were pretty good and no doubt could beat a lot of the other teams playing. 

Same thing on the girls side though. Clarkrange girls could beat most of the teams by 20-30 points but they are in a tough district and had a bad night.