Alcoa travels to Corbin Ky.

BCsportsfan

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, jake said:

what happened? my broadcast stopped as they were about to go for two points...

mine did too, but I was able to rewind it.... read option, QB keeper over right side for the 2 points, Corbin wins.

Great game, hate to see Alcoa lose it. Tornadoes had some calls go against them but you have to give Corbin credit.......converted two fourth and goals and two- two point conversions. Four for four on must have plays.

2 minutes ago, Norman Dale said:

mine did too, but I was able to rewind it.... read option, QB keeper over right side for the 2 points, Corbin wins.

Great game, hate to see Alcoa lose it. Tornadoes had some calls go against them but you have to give Corbin credit.......converted two fourth and goals and two- two point conversions. Four for four on must have plays.

Thanks for the update.....Hate to see Alcoa lose that game, but it was a great game to watch.  #21 for Alcoa put on a defensive show tonight!

First of all congrats to Corbin for the win. They looked like they wanted it more at the end and that's a little disappointing.  This one hurts because we had every opportunity to win this. The personal foul penalty on Maples was a terrible call. Awful! I thought they should have had a personal foul penalty two plays before that on our kid. Which was thrown 4 or 5 yards out of bound when the whistle blew when he was in bound about 3 yards. They had several calls at the end that were very questionable but we had plenty of opportunities to seal this win. This loss goes on the coaching staff and whoever called the plays. For one the jumbo package SUX! Scrap it! Unless we have a very dominating offensive line never run that set again. Is it me or we that stupid? Second we had better athletes but we didn't take advantage. Point being we should have maybe threw some screens and swing passes to our backs to get some one on one situations. Only screen pass came on a safety valve play.  Really??? Their only TD in the first half came on two screen plays.  Coaching staff was very disappointing tonight. We got out coached bigly! Defensively we are pretty good, Offensively we are just average at best. If we don't get a better grasp on our strength and weaknesses we could lose 2 or 3 more. 

Edited by Springbrookrat

The refs took this game over in the 4th qtr. But, Alcoa should have not been in the position to let them.  Alcoa had several chances to put this game away. It was obvious from the first of the game the Offense was going to struggle running in ball inside. The jet sweeps worked when ran. Passing game still struggling. The long ball is way off.  Timing is just not there. 

Defense played great. 

Going to be a long season.  Kinda reminds me of the 2002 season........and like that season, the freshman will be something special.