McGill freshman RB from William Blount transfers to maryville

fooseball95

1 hour ago, CMCGiLL said:

You have kids?? Lol didn’t think so. All dads brag on their boys. Ask around. It’s all true. Or just watch the tape. 

Zero business of mine. Just pipped into a hot topic but imo this is exactly what is wrong with youth football.  Parents hiding behind a screen bashing coaches without consequence.   May be the best dude in the world with the best athlete for a son but this is an ignorant look and embarrassing for your son which is who I feel sorry for at this point.  

12 minutes ago, BarneySox2007 said:

Gov I realize in the position your in with WB your job is to be a positive voice for WB. I just enjoy pulling your chain sometimes. 

You are misrepresenting me. I don't have to say anything. I am very critical of some things with the Sevier County game last year being a good example. Our coaches made bad decisions that cost us that game. That was just an obvious fact and I was honest about it. The thing is good leaders aren't perfect; nobody is. And I think in some ways it took Shad a few years to get a feel for WB and how to coach a program like it.  Let's face it, coaching at WB is different than coaching at Smyrna or Blackman.  Then you also have to factor in the difficulties in getting the assistants you want.

His first few years were rough, but I can honestly say the program seems to be trending in a good direction. The players seem more focused and dialed in than they were in the past and they play harder. 

9 hours ago, FightOnForWilliamBlount91 said:

You are misrepresenting me. I don't have to say anything. I am very critical of some things with the Sevier County game last year being a good example. Our coaches made bad decisions that cost us that game. That was just an obvious fact and I was honest about it. The thing is good leaders aren't perfect; nobody is. And I think in some ways it took Shad a few years to get a feel for WB and how to coach a program like it.  Let's face it, coaching at WB is different than coaching at Smyrna or Blackman.  Then you also have to factor in the difficulties in getting the assistants you want.

His first few years were rough, but I can honestly say the program seems to be trending in a good direction. The players seem more focused and dialed in than they were in the past and they play harder. 

632ec2f671a15bb0784622ccf1bffa34_(1).jpg

Edited by BarneySox2007
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, FightOnForWilliamBlount91 said:

Yep looks like they are on the rise.Beat a not so good 1A team and just gone ran out of Carter County without putting a point on the board.Keep him ANOTHER 5 years!PLEASE..:roflol:

• Like 3

1 hour ago, pepvol said:

Thanks Mr. Mcgill for allowing us Maryville fans to see your Son grow into not only the Great Football Player that he is , but also the fine young Man he has grown to be . He'll always be a Maryville Rebel and he'll always be part of our Maryville family . 

No ,thank you guys!! I appreciate the fine compliments. You know...gov91 says kids mirror their parents.. I think I done fine. I had help along the way from a great coaching staff and phenomenal fan base. It’s great to be a Mighty Maryville Rebel!!!

• Like 2

Parker is a great kid who is an extremely hard worker....he has been blessed to stay injury free and have a great career and it is not over yet.  I am as big of a Coach Hunt fan as there is and not because he is a great coach (which he is), but because of what he stands for and from everything I have seen he walks what he talks, any parent would be blessed to have him coach their kid for four years.  Hope Parker and his team are able to finish things off with another gold ball.  Good luck the rest of the season!!

• Like 4