Alcoa travels to Indian Country

BCsportsfan

4 hours ago, Red Rebels said:

It probably won't even be mentioned at MHS. 

I'm sure there are humble people like that.Wait a minute,come to think of it,I don't know that I ever brought it up with kids playing for DB.I bet it looks like santa's workshop in Stars basement building a big ole sign  to put up at each end of Maryville.Maybe two facing Alcoa.Ha.Just kidding guys but no joke it is something for your program to be darn proud of and I would embrace it as a great milestone in your programs history.DB stood for decades as one of the greatest football programs way back in the day and there is no question that what Maryville has done is well deserving of great honor.Matter of fact,what Maryville and Alcoa have both done in football is to the point of being unbelievable.

2 hours ago, DevilMan03 said:

I don't see Alcoa losing this game at all honestly. Db cannot win big games it's a proven fact. Heck they can't make it to big games in the playoffs because they lose the easy ones!  

Like I said earlier 

Alcoa-42

DB-24 

BOOK IT!!!

Score at the end of the 3rd quarter.35-21,but I just don't know who has what.I'm telling you Devilman,if coach Ballard was over DB's football program and some of our staff were up here with a few of my favorite DB coaches from the past ten  years , wow.Getting all the stud athletes out to play and building a great strength program while coaching them up.I would say DB in a run away and not many this side of Alcoa would argue it.Alcoa would be a bump on the way to yet another DB state title this year.YEP,it's early in the morning,thank goodness coach is in Greeneville where I hope he stays until he is older then well,coach Clark.That bump by the way looks a little more like Clingmans Dome and this will take a great effort for DB ,but I think it's possible and I'm not counting out the Tribe

http://tssaa.org/school-classifications-by-sport-2017-2021/
Alcoa - 646 students
Dobyns Bennett - 2208 students

https://www.dbband.org/staff/
The DB band (350) is over half the entire Alcoa student body.       What the ?!?!?

Going strictly by the numbers, a DB loss would be a downright embarrassment to the city of Kingsport.
This is a game where DB finally gets motivated to come out and impose their will on the opponent.
Its a contest in which the Indians play smart and disciplined as never before.
Rumor is that Clark even shaved his head to make a statement.
Although no doubt bound for Cookeville in 3A, the F5 has been downgraded to a strong wind.
Just remember Friday around 10pm that you read it here first

24 minutes ago, BCsportsfan said:

What percent run to pass is DB's offense in their last couple of games?

I don't have the stats but I'd say " it should " be 80-20 or better run.If however you stop them on 1st down ,it feels like they  get excited and start throwing to quick.Might just be my imagination.That might change Friday night  or it might be 90-10 pass for goodness sakes.

43 minutes ago, blazer1set said:

http://tssaa.org/school-classifications-by-sport-2017-2021/
Alcoa - 646 students
Dobyns Bennett - 2208 students

https://www.dbband.org/staff/
The DB band (350) is over half the entire Alcoa student body.       What the ?!?!?

Going strictly by the numbers, a DB loss would be a downright embarrassment to the city of Kingsport.
This is a game where DB finally gets motivated to come out and impose their will on the opponent.
Its a contest in which the Indians play smart and disciplined as never before.
Rumor is that Clark even shaved his head to make a statement.
Although no doubt bound for Cookeville in 3A, the F5 has been downgraded to a strong wind.
Just remember Friday around 10pm that you read it here first

If this were a normal school the size of Alcoa ,I'd say yes it's an embarrassment.This is not normal.Like saying a 6-10 350 pound man should beat up any 5'7'' 128 pound man in a fight.Well,this would be Bruce lee in his prime and he is upset....

Edited by BatmanDevil