Tornadoes travel to TCA

fallguy17

33 minutes ago, BigSwo said:

It was my pleasure to meet and shake hands with BigEd and INTENES and to see Hookem. You guys are a class act and I wish you the best for the rest of the season.  Game went like I hoped it would and my Tornadoes came out with am impressive win. Great job guys.  We still have a lot of work to do.  

Nice meeting you as well.  Congrats on the big win.  I think the game was a little closer than the score.  It didn't appear that either team played very good defense.  #31 will sleep well tonight after all those carries.  He's a workhorse!  Good luck the rest of the season.

1 minute ago, WestTnGuru said:

My team?!  You obviously didn't pay attention to my post.  TCA is not MY team.  I go to a different stadium each week to see various teams because I enjoy HS football.  The way you were beating your chest you were basically implying a gold ball.  #7 and #1 for TCA made your defense look silly.  Only reason TCA didn't score more was because your offense had the ball which is a compliment to your great offensive line and RB.  IF TCA doesn't turn it over twice it's a completely different ballgame but hey that's football.  Enjoy your ride back to UC tonight and think about all the yards your defense gave up.  I bet TCA had over 400 total yards in the short amount of time they had the ball.  

Im an outsider too...but I've learned to never count out UC! Gonna be a tough out for someone to pull off in the playoffs...not saying it can't be done in semis qtrs but they will be there imo

46 minutes ago, BigSwo said:

It was my pleasure to meet and shake hands with BigEd and INTENES and to see Hookem. You guys are a class act and I wish you the best for the rest of the season.  Game went like I hoped it would and my Tornadoes came out with am impressive win. Great job guys.  We still have a lot of work to do.  

Swo good to meet you too. UC is strong never was a doubt. Good luck to y'all the rest of the year. Maybe we can meet again in the playoffs. But I doubt it because all the experts say it won't be us. Our boys will learn from this and it is on to Halls now. And also we have a few rednecks over here in sweaterville. 

43 minutes ago, ucdiditagain said:

Nothing at all was mentioned about gold ball I don't believe.  It's nice to beat a private school on their home field.  Yes...adamsville will be a tough game for us and Trenton in a playoff game at that but one thing I know....your team scored 1 T D on our second string defense and the ONLY Points your team scored in the second half.  I'm sure you have not had a 500 plus yard offense show and a 300 plus rusher pound your team, add to that 49 points...especially on your home field in a long time.  I'm not worried about your team, we won and that's all that matters.  I was there and as we were slow to start, something we are pretty good at doing is grounding and pounding our way back into a game.  So, please, I did Not mention one thing about gold football's or playoffs or whatever.  

If it will make you feel better you scored 49 tonight on a mostly second string defense of TCA.  After first Q we were down 4 or 5 players.  Nobody is saying TCA would have won with all their starters but they would have competed much better.  We are now down to 23 players not counting 8th graders.  Depth was a very serious issue tonight.  When we played Adamsville, we were very healthy and had 27 players and therefore competed well.    We can't compete real well with the top teams  when we aren't healthy just due to sheer numbers.  Hope to see UC again in the playoffs. It will be another good one!

Much respect to TCA tonight. Was a really good game. We just pulled away in the 4th. But til then it was a toss up. Your guys played a tough hard game. You got a couple of really good runners. Our defense was not sharp. Some of that can be attributed to poor form and arm tackling tonight but a lot of it is also attributable to your backs being shifty and hard to get a clean hit on. I am just happy we got the win and for the first time this year we didn't put the ball on the ground! But y'all can hold your heads high. It was a hard fought competitive game that was fun to watch. Good luck the rest of the way.

1 hour ago, ucdiditagain said:

Union City  "Ground and Pound" game NO MATCH for TCA, at ALL.  Jones for Union City   close to 318  yards on the ground and Union City over 500 yards total offense.  TCA Defense no match for U C.  U C spotted TCA a easy 14 points before playing their game.  Union City does play well coming from behind.  TCA is very classless also....1 unsportsman like penalty, one targeting play called before 1 st half over and a facemask pulling helment off Jones.  You need to learn how to loose with class TCA.  The game is out of hand now, I'm heading to the car to head home, 50 - 24....lol.  NEXT!!!!!!

First, I want to say that Union City was the better team tonight.  The fullback was an absolute beast.  Outstanding job by your offensive guards and center.  They controlled the middle which enabled UC to win the game.  Your quarterback made good reads all night long.  Ya'll did a nice job tonight by not having any turnovers. Sorry I did not get to meet Big Swo tonight.  He and others have been all class all week long.  Funny thing about the game tonight was that by my stats, TCA outgained UC in the first half.  Unfortunately for TCA, three linemen went down during the game and two never returned.  At least one may miss some time.  And that was after we were down one lineman before the game started.  Depth, or lack of it, showed tonight.  Still, we stayed after it.  Horton had over 150 yards on only 16 carries.  Little Kevin Davis was close to 200 yards of total offense himself, when you consider, running, receiving, and return yardage. I do wonder how the game might have turned out if TCA had not committed two turnovers well inside UC territory and UC converted both to scores when their D was having a hard time stopping TCA's rushing attack.  But, we will never know for sure.  

Now sir, I will address your comments that TCA is classless.  You call out an unsportsman like penalty and a targeting penalty. That is fine if you want to go that route.   Targeting is a call open to interpretation.  Well sparky let's talk about how much class UC had when they committed not one, but two late hits out of bounds.  With only one getting flagged.  And both hits were well out of bounds too.  It's not like they were right on the sideline.  They were several yards out of bounds.  Those two plays were real classy.  And let's mention the little celebration after the game.  Doing a little dance on one of our field symbols, then throwing the ball high in the air and all the players falling to the ground when the ball hit the ground.  Union City is an old and storied program with gold balls on the shelves. They are tradition rich.  You say we need to learn how to get beat with class.  Well sir, I would submit to you that your bunch needs to learn how to win with class.   It's not the first rodeo for Union City...........ACT LIKE IT.  

Again, UC was the better team tonight and I congratulate them on the deserved win.  TCA showed that they are more than capable of moving the ball on UC.  I was proud of the effort  tonight if not the outcome.

18 minutes ago, TennReb31 said:

Much respect to TCA tonight. Was a really good game. We just pulled away in the 4th. But til then it was a toss up. Your guys played a tough hard game. You got a couple of really good runners. Our defense was not sharp. Some of that can be attributed to poor form and arm tackling tonight but a lot of it is also attributable to your backs being shifty and hard to get a clean hit on. I am just happy we got the win and for the first time this year we didn't put the ball on the ground! But y'all can hold your heads high. It was a hard fought competitive game that was fun to watch. Good luck the rest of the way.

Thank you sir for your comments.  Best to you.

Rietzfan I regret not getting to meet you as well.  Let's be honest here about this "class" nonsense being thrown around by fans from both sides.  Come on man.  These boys were playing in an important game tonight. Both teams did things in the heat of the battle that may have been out of line but that's just the competitive nature and the youth coming out of these guys.  That doesn't mean neither teams players lack class.  These boys showed class when they lined up and shook hands at the end of the game after leaving everything out there on that field.  Let's just leave the rest of it alone. 

Rietzfan I am gonna take issue with you over judging our team for celebrating after shaking hands by doing what they call the Hand Grenade.  They do that after every big win. It's simply a celebration of victory. It's not classless. I don't appreciate you calling my Tornadoes out on that.  Honestly it sounds shallow on your part.  Let me ask you a question.  I noticed that y'all had some fireworks there tonight.  If the Lions had won, would there have been a celebration of fireworks for the UC fans to enjoy as we were leaving the game?  Did you notice that our boys did their celebration on our side of the field and as far from your fans as they could be? Some people think that ffireworks after a home victory is classless. I don't.  I would love for our administration would allow fireworks after a home victory.  I don't know if y'all do that or not or if the fireworks were only there for the Anthem and certain moments during the pregame activities.  Either way,  I would not have cared.  I certainly wouldn't make a mention of it on this board.  Come on man.  You are better than that.  I love your broadcast and will listen in whenever I can.  

2 minutes ago, BigSwo said:

Rietzfan I regret not getting to meet you as well.  Let's be honest here about this "class" nonsense being thrown around by fans from both sides.  Come on man.  These boys were playing in an important game tonight. Both teams did things in the heat of the battle that may have been out of line but that's just the competitive nature and the youth coming out of these guys.  That doesn't mean neither teams players lack class.  These boys showed class when they lined up and shook hands at the end of the game after leaving everything out there on that field.  Let's just leave the rest of it alone. 

Rietzfan I am gonna take issue with you over judging our team for celebrating after shaking hands by doing what they call the Hand Grenade.  They do that after every big win. It's simply a celebration of victory. It's not classless. I don't appreciate you calling my Tornadoes out on that.  Honestly it sounds shallow on your part.  Let me ask you a question.  I noticed that y'all had some fireworks there tonight.  If the Lions had won, would there have been a celebration of fireworks for the UC fans to enjoy as we were leaving the game?  Did you notice that our boys did their celebration on our side of the field and as far from your fans as they could be? Some people think that ffireworks after a home victory is classless. I don't.  I would love for our administration would allow fireworks after a home victory.  I don't know if y'all do that or not or if the fireworks were only there for the Anthem and certain moments during the pregame activities.  Either way,  I would not have cared.  I certainly wouldn't make a mention of it on this board.  Come on man.  You are better than that.  I love your broadcast and will listen in whenever I can.  

Swo I will say this. We never shoot fireworks after a win. You can ask Adamsville. And as far as the celebration after the game. You won move on. You can't tell me that is not rubbing salt in the wound. But hey you won and you can do want you want at that moment. I still respect you guys. I think these comments are coming after one of your posters started talking about being classless and pointing things out. My son said he respected your players because there was no trash talk from them and that they just did their job. So understand the looser is always going to be a reactor to negative comments. Non of our people threw out the classeless comment first. 

19 minutes ago, BigSwo said:

Swo,

You are absolutely right about the heat of the moment thing on some penalties.  I would not had brought it up had it not been for ucdiditagain calling us classless to begin with. I felt it was a hard hitting game and we just got beat.  But if we are going to get called out, I will defend our boys just like you would defend your team.

Swo, regarding the post game "celebration"....honestly, I have never seen anything like that before.  I am very old school.  My feeling is, You win the game, shake hands and walk off the field.  My old high school coach would have never condoned a celebration like that.  But to each his own.  I'd find it better if that was done at home and not on the road.  We will have to agree to disagree on that one...  Fair enough?

Regarding fireworks....That is something they started this season and is tied in with playing the National Anthem.  

If Big Ed's son said he respected UC cause no trash talk then I respect them for that as well cause I believe Big Ed's son.  He is a straight arrow on that stuff.  

What I was really proud of tonight was during the Anthem, no kneeling or any of that crap.  Both teams standing as it should be.  When one of our players was down, your entire team and cheerleaders took a knee.  We mentioned that on air.  We have not always seen that from other teams.  That was classy.

I don't know if you listened to our broadcast or not.  I hope we did your fullback justice.  Far and away the best power back I have seen at the high school level in a long time.  Maybe we would of had better luck with him had we simply thrown ourselves at his feet and hoped he tripped and fell. I had high on air praise for your offensive linemen as well.  Especially the guards and center for they way they controlled the line. I do appreciate your comments bout our radio work.  I try hard to be fair to both teams even if I give my boys a heavy slant.  

We will lick our wounds for 24 hours and pray that our players who were injured will heal quickly so they may return to battle.  Perhaps we will meet again in November.  I will be looking for a good recommendation for food up there should that happen.  

11 minutes ago, ReitzFan said:

Swo,

You are absolutely right about the heat of the moment thing on some penalties.  I would not had brought it up had it not been for ucdiditagain calling us classless to begin with. I felt it was a hard hitting game and we just got beat.  But if we are going to get called out, I will defend our boys just like you would defend your team.

Swo, regarding the post game "celebration"....honestly, I have never seen anything like that before.  I am very old school.  My feeling is, You win the game, shake hands and walk off the field.  My old high school coach would have never condoned a celebration like that.  But to each his own.  I'd find it better if that was done at home and not on the road.  We will have to agree to disagree on that one...  Fair enough?

Regarding fireworks....That is something they started this season and is tied in with playing the National Anthem.  

If Big Ed's son said he respected UC cause no trash talk then I respect them for that as well cause I believe Big Ed's son.  He is a straight arrow on that stuff.  

What I was really proud of tonight was during the Anthem, no kneeling or any of that crap.  Both teams standing as it should be.  When one of our players was down, your entire team and cheerleaders took a knee.  We mentioned that on air.  We have not always seen that from other teams.  That was classy.

I don't know if you listened to our broadcast or not.  I hope we did your fullback justice.  Far and away the best power back I have seen at the high school level in a long time.  Maybe we would of had better luck with him had we simply thrown ourselves at his feet and hoped he tripped and fell. I had high on air praise for your offensive linemen as well.  Especially the guards and center for they way they controlled the line. I do appreciate your comments bout our radio work.  I try hard to be fair to both teams even if I give my boys a heavy slant.  

We will lick our wounds for 24 hours and pray that our players who were injured will heal quickly so they may return to battle.  Perhaps we will meet again in November.  I will be looking for a good recommendation for food up there should that happen.  

Go to bed!!! Hahahaha.