The Power Bomb

Solomon

2 hours ago, Havengrad04 said:

I think everyone can agree that the kid could’ve handled it a better but you can’t crucify the kid for reacting if he was in fact being hit in the nuts. If he was being hit and the ref never addressed it I can see how frustration to lead a 15 year old to react like that. I’d rather see him power bomb him then start throwing punches. One game suspension is sufficient. The other player should be punished if he was truly playing dirty. 

Rather him put somebody's neck at risk than throw punches at a kid with a helmet on where he would probably hurt himself more than the kid he was throwing punches at? Not very sound reasoning there.

31 minutes ago, mat73557 said:

NEWSFLASH!  15 year old kid experiences a loss of self-control and made a bad decision!  No one was hurt!!  Pandemonium ensues!!

smh

So what is the appropriate reaction if the kid actually breaks his neck? I don't think the reaction should be any different just because he was fortunate not to injure him.

If a person chooses to drive under the influence, should we only react if the driver kills someone? Give me a break. 

Edited by osunut2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, SweetScience said:

Rather him put somebody's neck at risk than throw punches at a kid with a helmet on where he would probably hurt himself more than the kid he was throwing punches at? Not very sound reasoning there.

He’s playing football but now all of a sudden everybody’s whining over him risking a neck injury. He lost control and picked him up and threw him to the ground. I thought the kid was frustrated at him trying to block him at the knees due to the positioning when he grabbed him but I don’t think he was trying to break his neck like y’all making seem. If you’ve ever played and been at the bottom of a pile and experienced some of the dirty things that go unnoticed by the refs u can sympathize with a 15 year old losing his cool. He’ll be punished and he’ll learn from this. Hopefully the other player will as well if he was doing something dirty. 

3 hours ago, Havengrad04 said:

He’s playing football but now all of a sudden everybody’s whining over him risking a neck injury. He lost control and picked him up and threw him to the ground. I thought the kid was frustrated at him trying to block him at the knees due to the positioning when he grabbed him but I don’t think he was trying to break his neck like y’all making seem. If you’ve ever played and been at the bottom of a pile and experienced some of the dirty things that go unnoticed by the refs u can sympathize with a 15 year old losing his cool. He’ll be punished and he’ll learn from this. Hopefully the other player will as well if he was doing something dirty. 

He's a senior, so not 15.  He's celebrating it on his twitter. Teammates are celebrating the action also on social media as "the perfectly executed tombstone piledriver".  And the head coach interviewed in the newspaper said no further discipline other what TSSAA mandates which is one game since he was ejected. 

So... not sure how much learning has taken place so far.  I'm not going to talk about it anymore to extent his 15 minutes of fame.  My guess is the celebration will end today after meeting with the coach today (Monday) and the social media accounts will go private. 

It's Amazing to me that some want to justify this as no big deal and the other guy had it coming .... Everybody thinking that for just a second imagine that is your Son being picked up .... there really was a chance there that the kid could of had his Neck broke ... anybody who is thinking he had that coming is totally Clueless . A punch to the nuts might call for a punch right back or an ejection , not an action that has life threatening possibilities .  I'm 56 years old and most of the time I think kids are coddled way too much , I'm from the generation that we were much more scared of having our heads ripped off by our Coaches instead of the opponent , but in all the years I've played and watched High School Football I've never seen a riskier blatant Penalty in my Life . If everyone here can't stop for a second and imagine that's their Son getting ready to have his head slammed into the Ground , and still think it's not a big deal , I just don't know what to say to you . 

57 minutes ago, pepvol said:

It's Amazing to me that some want to justify this as no big deal and the other guy had it coming .... Everybody thinking that for just a second imagine that is your Son being picked up .... there really was a chance there that the kid could of had his Neck broke ... anybody who is thinking he had that coming is totally Clueless . A punch to the nuts might call for a punch right back or an ejection , not an action that has life threatening possibilities .  I'm 56 years old and most of the time I think kids are coddled way too much , I'm from the generation that we were much more scared of having our heads ripped off by our Coaches instead of the opponent , but in all the years I've played and watched High School Football I've never seen a riskier blatant Penalty in my Life . If everyone here can't stop for a second and imagine that's their Son getting ready to have his head slammed into the Ground , and still think it's not a big deal , I just don't know what to say to you . 

+1

5 hours ago, rebelwoman87 said:

Someone didn’t think it was justified. The  player was suspended from the team for the remainder of the season. 

Exactly what should have happened. Their is dirty football all the time. This was way outside the lines of just a penalty or even an ejection. There is no place in this game for that kind of play. 

5 hours ago, rebelwoman87 said:

Someone didn’t think it was justified. The  player was suspended from the team for the remainder of the season. 

I have seen all kinds of crazy stuff happen on a football field.  I've seen fights between teams, fights between teammates, fights between players and coaches, opposing coaches fans and players, fans and coaches, coaches and refs.  I've even seen players intentionally take out refs during a play.  But I have never seen anything like this on a football field.  There is a reason it's gone viral and picked up by ESPN. It was a bit extreme to say the least.