The Power Bomb

Solomon

1 hour ago, oridgecat said:

I have seen all kinds of crazy stuff happen on a football field.  I've seen fights between teams, fights between teammates, fights between players and coaches, opposing coaches fans and players, fans and coaches, coaches and refs.  I've even seen players intentionally take out refs during a play.  But I have never seen anything like this on a football field.  There is a reason it's gone viral and picked up by ESPN. It was a bit extreme to say the least.   

Yep , I agree totally, plus I've been around and seen about everything too ... the only time I've ever seen something close to this was the State Championship game between Maryville and Pearl Cohn in 1997 , Big John Henderson grabbed our Rb and Big John threw him down and it looked scary... now there was no ill intent by Big John at all , it was just a weird play where the momentum of the Rb and Big John coming together and Big John being twice his size put our RB in jeopardy ... I remember some little ladies behind me hollering that's not fair ... and I thought ya it's not fair that Big John is a freak of nature and a lot of people will get hurt when they're close to him !!  again, it wasn't a dirty play by John but it was the only other time I've seen a play that was scary like this blatant foul was . 

2 hours ago, pepvol said:

Yep , I agree totally, plus I've been around and seen about everything too ... the only time I've ever seen something close to this was the State Championship game between Maryville and Pearl Cohn in 1997 , Big John Henderson grabbed our Rb and Big John threw him down and it looked scary... now there was no ill intent by Big John at all , it was just a weird play where the momentum of the Rb and Big John coming together and Big John being twice his size put our RB in jeopardy ... I remember some little ladies behind me hollering that's not fair ... and I thought ya it's not fair that Big John is a freak of nature and a lot of people will get hurt when they're close to him !!  again, it wasn't a dirty play by John but it was the only other time I've seen a play that was scary like this blatant foul was . 

That was on that old Vanderbilt turf on a cold night.

14 hours ago, Kublah said:

Funny thing is if this happened OFF the field there would be zero controversy.

Body slamming someone who is trying to damage your reproductive organs is 100% justified.

Carry on.

I'm going to equate this to "off the field". This was not in any way related to football...the play was over, and even though play on the field was the reason the kid was angry, the action that he took was assault. He positioned the player head down, and forcefully drove him downward into the ground. Do that on a street corner where there's a camera, in front of witnesses, or in front of a cop and you go to jail. Plenty of room to debate hitting low, and how it should be handled...pretty sure that "power bombing" isn't it.

It Is ridiculous that so many are defending the actions of the said Power Bomb! Wear a "cup" people! Have none of you ever watched WWE??? They constantly tell you not to try "these moves at home!" Some of you folks need a reality check if you think this was appropriate! My goodness! It is high school football. If the kid was paralyzed from said event some of you act like it is justifiable! What in the world is wrong with this country???

Unless the kid had a knife, gun, or sharpened helmet buckles, nothing in this video is acceptable. Whether it be edited or not. SDot, you are still good people regardless, but come on dude! This is not justifiable.

Edited by KnoxVil

13 hours ago, KnoxVil said:

It Is ridiculous that so many are defending the actions of the said Power Bomb! Wear a "cup" people! Have none of you ever watched WWE??? They constantly tell you not to try "these moves at home!" Some of you folks need a reality check if you think this was appropriate! My goodness! It is high school football. If the kid was paralyzed from said event some of you act like it is justifiable! What in the world is wrong with this country???

Unless the kid had a knife, gun, or sharpened helmet buckles, nothing in this video is acceptable. Whether it be edited or not. SDot, you are still good people regardless, but come on dude! This is not justifiable.

We'll discuss it next time we see each other at a game. I bet we're a lot closer to being in agreement than disagreeing

2 hours ago, BlackHavenSenator said:

He didn't slam him on his neck. You people can't see. I say again football is a violent game. A year suspension is STUPID

The adults that got paid to do a job did not do their job. People who were not there and do not know all the facts use social media to crucify a kid. Welcome to trumps america