William Blount @ Mcminn County

Governm

2 hours ago, jake said:

I will say that I don't think it will matter this week, I think WB will beat MC.  MC has some feisty kids, but their coach has handcuffed them with the offense they run.....

McMinn went 7-3 last year and made the playoffs while running the exact same offense. The blame shouldn’t be solely on coaching. The difference is the players are extremely young and inexperienced this year. There’s only so much you can do offensively as a coach if your kids are as young as they are. They are talented though. I predict they’ll be good in a year or 2. 

28 minutes ago, MarsBlackmon said:

McMinn went 7-3 last year and made the playoffs while running the exact same offense. The blame shouldn’t be solely on coaching. The difference is the players are extremely young and inexperienced this year. There’s only so much you can do offensively as a coach if your kids are as young as they are. They are talented though. I predict they’ll be good in a year or 2. 

Not trying to belittle the coaches at all.....I have heard a lot of positive things about the MC coach.,  I went to watch them play Maryville and they have some good looking kids, but they primarily ran the same three plays 95% of the time that night.  Maybe they do more than what they showed that night or maybe they were just trying to shorten the game, but I thought there was room for a little more creativity with their offense.  I haven't been to any WB games but I did watch the replay of the game they played against Jeff County and Jeff County runs a similar offense to MC and WB defensed them pretty well....and I think WB offense will put up three or four scores.  Good luck to you guys, I was impressed with the fight your kids showed at Maryville, they were still fighting and playing hard all the way to the end of the game.

4 hours ago, jake said:

Not trying to belittle the coaches at all.....I have heard a lot of positive things about the MC coach.,  I went to watch them play Maryville and they have some good looking kids, but they primarily ran the same three plays 95% of the time that night.  Maybe they do more than what they showed that night or maybe they were just trying to shorten the game, but I thought there was room for a little more creativity with their offense.  I haven't been to any WB games but I did watch the replay of the game they played against Jeff County and Jeff County runs a similar offense to MC and WB defensed them pretty well....and I think WB offense will put up three or four scores.  Good luck to you guys, I was impressed with the fight your kids showed at Maryville, they were still fighting and playing hard all the way to the end of the game.

Well I’m not a McMInn County guy but I appreciate it. Lol not a fan of them just live close to McMinn and have seen them play. 

11 hours ago, jake said:

I will say that I don't think it will matter this week, I think WB will beat MC.  MC has some feisty kids, but their coach has handcuffed them with the offense they run.....

Agree WB should win this week. Unless McMinn has saved opening up the offense for this week wouldn't that be ironic??!!