Mr. Football 1A Back

ZEBRA35

The West will always be at a disadvantage. Due to very few sports writers that have a vote in west tennessee. Case in point how did Dresser Winn win it his junior year and not be one of two finalist his senior year. Not taking anything away from Rice. Also last year the two 2A finalist  for lineman were both from Marion county. Your telling me the 2 best 2A lineman played on the same team.

20 minutes ago, Dallas7 said:

The West will always be at a disadvantage. Due to very few sports writers that have a vote in west tennessee. Case in point how did Dresser Winn win it his junior year and not be one of two finalist his senior year. Not taking anything away from Rice. Also last year the two 2A finalist  for lineman were both from Marion county. Your telling me the 2 best 2A lineman played on the same team.

The lineman from sp that won it in 2011 over Ray from WC. It was plain to see who was the best when they played head to head in the blue cross bowl. 

2 hours ago, piratetom said:

Junior Breeden Gilbert--Greenback. Don't know his stats but I'm sure someone can post them.

He is an absolute beast!!

Im sure i can come up with stats but....What this kid did as a Soph to South Pitt and Coalfield along with a host of other schools was impressive last year.This year he is a whole nother kinda beast.Alot of schools play cupcakes and those "stats" just keep climbing,i like to see what the player does against top notch teams and Breeden took the Coalfield  game over.134 yards on 13 carries with three TDs in the second half alone!It wasnt just the numbers it was how he got them,he ran over,threw and carried DTackles for 5 and 6 yards.Thats not just one game thats the way the kid always plays reminds me of a smaller Jim Brown.

4 minutes ago, Southtowner said:

The TSSAA announced it is removing the Mr. Football Back and Lineman awards in favor of one Mr. Football winner for each of its nine classes.

It also will continue to have one Kicker of the Year Award.

The TSSAA will announce five semifinalists in each class for Mr. Football as well as the kicker award. Those numbers will be reduced to three finalists in each class, totaling 30 who will be honored at the awards luncheon.

There will be a total of 10 winners given — one in each of the TSSAA's nine classifications and one kicker.

The Tennessee Titans Mr. Football Awards will be presented on Nov. 27 at Nissan Stadium.

51 minutes ago, orngnblk said:

Im sure i can come up with stats but....What this kid did as a Soph to South Pitt and Coalfield along with a host of other schools was impressive last year.This year he is a whole nother kinda beast.Alot of schools play cupcakes and those "stats" just keep climbing,i like to see what the player does against top notch teams and Breeden took the Coalfield  game over.134 yards on 13 carries with three TDs in the second half alone!It wasnt just the numbers it was how he got them,he ran over,threw and carried DTackles for 5 and 6 yards.Thats not just one game thats the way the kid always plays reminds me of a smaller Jim Brown.

Not sure about any of the backs in the west and I,m sure there are some really good ones . If any are better than #6 and they have a little blocking, they will be toting a Gold ball. Could be the kid from Huntingdon.

1. Breeden Gilbert, Greenback/ Kade Pearson, Huntingdon/ Brandon Moore, Fayetteville. All 3 of these guys are phenomenal offensive backs, but what they provide for their teams on defense and special teams is what makes them the best players in 1a ball. They do it all at a very high level of skill, punt returns, blocking for other backs, great defenders, heck Gilbert even snaps for field goals and he punts. Moore is fast and has some great shake and he will take your head  off coming in from safety. Pearson is Bigger than everyone and he plays QB! He can run over or around you and throw in a jump pass when you think you have him, and at DE he will blow up your play before it gets started. I am glad I don't have a vote because it would be very difficult to pick 1 of the 3 over the other two.

2. Tai Pillow , Mt Pleasant. Great speed and balance very hard to bring down.

3. Tyrese Melbane, Huntingdon. Probably the fastest of all on this list, when he sees the hole he hits it and is gone a great lightening addition to the thunder of Pearson.

4.Dezmon Johnson, Lake Co.. Solid runner low to the ground has good speed

5. Braxton Givens, Gordonsville. Very quick has nice open field moves and runs fearless, doesn't look like he cares to sacrifice his body when he runs.

29 minutes ago, GHSblackhelmet said:

1. Breeden Gilbert, Greenback/ Kade Pearson, Huntingdon/ Brandon Moore, Fayetteville. All 3 of these guys are phenomenal offensive backs, but what they provide for their teams on defense and special teams is what makes them the best players in 1a ball. They do it all at a very high level of skill, punt returns, blocking for other backs, great defenders, heck Gilbert even snaps for field goals and he punts. Moore is fast and has some great shake and he will take your head  off coming in from safety. Pearson is Bigger than everyone and he plays QB! He can run over or around you and throw in a jump pass when you think you have him, and at DE he will blow up your play before it gets started. I am glad I don't have a vote because it would be very difficult to pick 1 of the 3 over the other two.

2. Tai Pillow , Mt Pleasant. Great speed and balance very hard to bring down.

3. Tyrese Melbane, Huntingdon. Probably the fastest of all on this list, when he sees the hole he hits it and is gone a great lightening addition to the thunder of Pearson.

4.Dezmon Johnson, Lake Co.. Solid runner low to the ground has good speed

5. Braxton Givens, Gordonsville. Very quick has nice open field moves and runs fearless, doesn't look like he cares to sacrifice his body when he runs.

I watched all of these guys on hudl and Brandon Moore of Fayetteville is the most impressive to me.

• Like 1