Defense: 44 Tackles 12 Tfl 6 Sacks

Tyrese Mebane Huntingdon

Rushing: 809 yards 14 Tds

Through Week 7

Dezmon Johnson Lake County

Rushing: 1087 yards 15 Tds 

Edited by Dallas7

24 minutes ago, horse said:

If the Warbritton kid didn't win it breaking state rushing record with 3100 yards rushing and nearly 50 tds. Don't see anybody from Huntingdon winning it over anybody from the east with more stats. Mr football is a popularity contest.

That is the reason for my post. All credibility went out the window when that went down. I haven't paid attention since.

6 hours ago, wildcat89 said:

The lineman from sp that won it in 2011 over Ray from WC. It was plain to see who was the best when they played head to head in the blue cross bowl. 

Ouch, he will be here soon to talk about this comment. LMBO. He was an awfully good player for SP. the award is cumulative and goes a lot on stats.  M

36 minutes ago, TheAmbassador said:

Ouch, he will be here soon to talk about this comment. LMBO. He was an awfully good player for SP. the award is cumulative and goes a lot on stats.  M

Me. Blevins I believe is right was a great player, just my opinion that he wasn't the best lineman that year and I'm sure he's a great person as well but Ray was a leader to his team and to the younger boys coming up, very respected by his community and had his jersey retired at WC a few weeks back. Not trying to disrespect anybody, just my opinion. Besides that, how many think we will be seeing many lineman get the award now that they're combining it? Lineman just don't get credit, never have and never will, especially now. The ones passing, running and catching get all the attention

4 minutes ago, wildcat89 said:

Me. Blevins I believe is right was a great player, just my opinion that he wasn't the best lineman that year and I'm sure he's a great person as well but Ray was a leader to his team and to the younger boys coming up, very respected by his community and had his jersey retired at WC a few weeks back. Not trying to disrespect anybody, just my opinion. Besides that, how many think we will be seeing many lineman get the award now that they're combining it? Lineman just don't get credit, never have and never will, especially now. The ones passing, running and catching get all the attention

I agree with you. The linemen will be few and far between now. It was a bad decision to combine them all. 

If Kade Pearson don't win Mr. Football this year they can chunk that award.  I've been saying he was great when he was just a freshman and was having a fit he didn't start that year.  The kid is talent and there are a lot of great football players that deserve to be nominated for this award in east n west tennessee, we actually have some great players on our team besides him.  I do know these awards are very biased in the past so if he dont win I dont even think they should worry with nominating him for it.  That's not what he is focusing and wanting to get this year anyway, him and the rest of the Huntingdon Mustangs are just focusing on each opponent every week.  One game at a time.