Class 2A AP Poll 10-23

TheAmbassador

17 minutes ago, TheAmbassador said:

I believe this is the closest poll. Region 7 has 5 of the best teams in the state. 

You may be right. But I think ca is going to surprise you this year. They are no where near the same team they were last year. I’d say they are even better than the team that you saw beat South Pitt a couple of years ago. They may not have more individual talent than that team but they have heart, and lots of talent spread across in almost every position. I’m not gonna sit here and tell you they will get the gold ball this year, but I’d say this year they are closer to it than they have been the past few years and you will see that come playoff time. 

8 hours ago, BulldawgsRise said:

You may be right. But I think ca is going to surprise you this year. They are no where near the same team they were last year. I’d say they are even better than the team that you saw beat South Pitt a couple of years ago. They may not have more individual talent than that team but they have heart, and lots of talent spread across in almost every position. I’m not gonna sit here and tell you they will get the gold ball this year, but I’d say this year they are closer to it than they have been the past few years and you will see that come playoff time. 

A couple of things. That 2015 SP team was not very good at all. I believe CA will make it to the quarterfinals this season, but they aren't going to beat Waverly. 

9 hours ago, TheAmbassador said:

I believe this is the closest poll. Region 7 has 5 of the best teams in the state. 

I think part of the point of a poll, is to predict what the rankings will be at the end of the year, as much as who are the best teams right now.  So from a voting perspective, it makes no sense to put 5 teams from 1 region in the top 5, as they will beat each other up, and only 1 will come out of there eventually.  

It's not like college football where rankings (kinda) matter (outside top 4 at least), and they are a big reasoning why they go to the bigger bowls.  

8 hours ago, BulldawgsRise said:

That you butch jones :P

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Monkey Wrench said:

I think part of the point of a poll, is to predict what the rankings will be at the end of the year, as much as who are the best teams right now.  So from a voting perspective, it makes no sense to put 5 teams from 1 region in the top 5, as they will beat each other up, and only 1 will come out of there eventually.  

It's not like college football where rankings (kinda) matter (outside top 4 at least), and they are a big reasoning why they go to the bigger bowls.  

Maybe so, but my poll is just who I think are the 10 best teams regardless of what region. I have a hard time putting a bad team in a top 10 poll just because of where they are located. 2A is like 1A. It's hard to find 10 good teams. Just my opinion on it. 

23 minutes ago, TheAmbassador said:

Waverly has a prolific offense. Yes, defensively they lost a lot from 2016. If you could beat Waverly then all of region 7 would be appreciative. One of them could go to Cookeville then. 

So you dont think anyone from region 7 can beat waverly ? 

Just now, Tide21 said:

So you dont think anyone from region 7 can beat waverly ? 

I didn't say that at all. I think if Waverly gets beaten it makes it easier on everyone else. Columbia Academy is ok, but they were 12-0 last year when we cruised into town as well. They aren't bad, but like my 2A Poll reflects. The best teams in 2A are Waverly and Region 7. Period.