#4 Riverdale @ #1 Mt Juliet - Rd of 32

GoPats2019

From what I saw tonight the MJ D got run over. You can't go into a season knowing you will play teams from that region in the the playoffs and schedule teams that MJ did. You just can't. The good thing about tonight was getting to eat one of the best hamburgers in the mid state. The Golden bear burger is unbelievable.

A little song I wrote for MJGoldenbear....

Where oh are you tonight,

Why did you leave me here all alone 

You thought your team was world football beaters

they got their butt kicked 

and pffffffffht You was gone

59fdc6b90afb3_goodbyeMJGoldenbear.jpg.140130d88242a66e0d0817c21163fbc8.jpg

• Like 1

OK, first things first.  R'dale, Congratulations Men.

Mt J, Congratulations on an excellent regular season.  You have nothing to hang your heads about.   A great game was played by your number 64 and your QB. There were others that made some great plays also, but those two stood out for me.

As for MJGB, I figure he has not had time to get on here to Congratulate R'dale fans.  It takes a long time to sort and separate and inventory all that gear being TURNED IN!  Being the equipment manager is not fun this time of year.

9 hours ago, 4thq said:

From what I saw tonight the MJ D got run over. You can't go into a season knowing you will play teams from that region in the the playoffs and schedule teams that MJ did. You just can't. The good thing about tonight was getting to eat one of the best hamburgers in the mid state. The Golden bear burger is unbelievable.

Their schedule has been a talking point all year and people have been saying it that it would hurt them come playoff time.

In region they had Hendersonville, Rossview, Wilson Central, Station Camp and Lebanon. And probably were regarded roughly in that order.

Hendersonville is a good program. They have won 7 or more games in 8 of the last 10 years. They have been to the state championship game 4 times in the last 20 years. So you know that is gonna be a challenge.

Rossview in the last 10 years they finished above .500 in 8 of those seasons. But outside of a couple seasons they are almost always a 5-6 win team. So you know that is a decent program but not a big threat.

Wilson Central has been hit or miss the last 10 years. I'm talking about going 7-3 one year and then 2-8 the next year. Mt. Juliet had beaten Wilson Central 8 years in a row going into this season. So yeah no big threat in this game.

Lebanon hadn't had a winning season since 2008 going into this year. Also Mt. Juliet had beaten them by 20+ points for the last 8 years. Not threat at all in this game.

Station Camp had a 3 season stretch back in 06-08 where they were really good. But outside of that they are consistently a 4-5 win team. No threat at all in this game.

So in 5 region games you have 1 consistently solid opponent.

So who did they schedule for non-region?

Gallatin is a solid 5A team and a respectable opponent. They had won 6 or more games in 12 of the last 15 years. They also have gone back and forth with Mt. Juliet. This one makes sense.

Overton had been a solid team having won 7 or more games in 7 of the previous 8 seasons. So on paper this probably looked like a solid 6A opponent. This one made sense at the time.

Now here is the problem. They scheduled Clarksville NW, McGavock and Glencliff. I can understand scheduling one of those as your homecoming. But there is no point in a team that is expecting to be the best in an average region to schedule all 3 of those opponents.

Clarksville NW is a below average 5A program. They knew that was gonna be an easy win.

McGavock was coming off a 1-9 season and Mt. Juliet had blown them out the previous two seasons. They knew that was gonna be an easy win.

Glencliff is a gimme. They had won a total of 4 games in the 4 previous seasons. They knew that was gonna be a practice game.

There were much better teams that wanted to play them and instead they chose those teams. And went untested throughout most of the season.

If you are training to run marathon you don't get ready by running a half marathon every day and just hoping you do go the extra distance when the time comes.

On 10/28/2017 at 2:38 AM, MJGOLDENBEARS said:

It's funny how people talk about our weak schedule but don't want to bring up anyone else. Riverdale  played 6 teams with a losing record and one with that went .500. Yeah MJ is the only one that has played a weak schedule. 

Hey there tarnishedbear... us MARSHALL COUNTY fans were sure rooting for your “elite” team, the you made them sound anyway... I guess it’s “tough luck” for them “Golden bears” right???

Oh, and I really hope you could “FEEL” the sarcasm when I said we were rooting for you!!! GOOD LUCK to the Riverdale Warriors on their quest for ANOTHER title!!! 

Maybe next year??? ‘Ol yeller bear!!!

22 hours ago, steelcityroller said:

Their schedule has been a talking point all year and people have been saying it that it would hurt them come playoff time.

In region they had Hendersonville, Rossview, Wilson Central, Station Camp and Lebanon. And probably were regarded roughly in that order.

Hendersonville is a good program. They have won 7 or more games in 8 of the last 10 years. They have been to the state championship game 4 times in the last 20 years. So you know that is gonna be a challenge.

Rossview in the last 10 years they finished above .500 in 8 of those seasons. But outside of a couple seasons they are almost always a 5-6 win team. So you know that is a decent program but not a big threat.

Wilson Central has been hit or miss the last 10 years. I'm talking about going 7-3 one year and then 2-8 the next year. Mt. Juliet had beaten Wilson Central 8 years in a row going into this season. So yeah no big threat in this game.

Lebanon hadn't had a winning season since 2008 going into this year. Also Mt. Juliet had beaten them by 20+ points for the last 8 years. Not threat at all in this game.

Station Camp had a 3 season stretch back in 06-08 where they were really good. But outside of that they are consistently a 4-5 win team. No threat at all in this game.

So in 5 region games you have 1 consistently solid opponent.

So who did they schedule for non-region?

Gallatin is a solid 5A team and a respectable opponent. They had won 6 or more games in 12 of the last 15 years. They also have gone back and forth with Mt. Juliet. This one makes sense.

Overton had been a solid team having won 7 or more games in 7 of the previous 8 seasons. So on paper this probably looked like a solid 6A opponent. This one made sense at the time.

Now here is the problem. They scheduled Clarksville NW, McGavock and Glencliff. I can understand scheduling one of those as your homecoming. But there is no point in a team that is expecting to be the best in an average region to schedule all 3 of those opponents.

Clarksville NW is a below average 5A program. They knew that was gonna be an easy win.

McGavock was coming off a 1-9 season and Mt. Juliet had blown them out the previous two seasons. They knew that was gonna be an easy win.

Glencliff is a gimme. They had won a total of 4 games in the 4 previous seasons. They knew that was gonna be a practice game.

There were much better teams that wanted to play them and instead they chose those teams. And went untested throughout most of the season.

If you are training to run marathon you don't get ready by running a half marathon every day and just hoping you do go the extra distance when the time comes.

Right! Add us to that list who wanted to play.

Edited by FBfan26

On ‎11‎/‎3‎/‎2017 at 6:20 PM, MJGOLDENBEARS said:

Coward? lol I'll answer to the bell anyways, this comment I made was because I KNOW we will win! Almost game time :)

This was your last post on CoachT.   I didn't get in on the heckling, but I'd like to see you come back to the "T" and face the  music.   If you talk as much as you did, it's gonna happen.   Might as well get it over with....

Edited by FreeAgent11