OOLTEWAH AT DB ROUND 1

1 hour ago, PassiveAggressive said:

I WILL SAY THIS ABOUT DEM OWLS..

WE ARE NO STRANGERS TO NO TEAM IN THE BRACKETS. WOULD HAVE LOVED TO PLAY DA GUTS JUST FOR REDEMPTION BUT WE ARE NOT THE SAME TEAM AS WE WERE DUE TO INJURY. I HAVE WATCHED ALOT OF GAMES THIS WEEKEND AND I DON'T SEE A  CLEAR FAVORITE ACROSS THE BOARD. SOME TEAMS LOSS SOME KEY PLAYERS ON THE LAST GAME THAT COULD CHANGE ERRTHING. IT'S MORE HIGH POWERED OFFENSES THAN  SHUT IT DOWN DEFENSES IN EAST TENNESSEE AND THAT'S THE DIFFERENCE. I WOULD PUT THE HOUSE ON MY OWLS IF THEY WERE HEALTHY. AND IM STILL WILLING TO GIVE THEM A SHOT AT DB DESPITE HOW HUGE THEIR OLINE IS AND THEY GOT A STOUT BACK, NOT A CHEETAH BUT A GROUND AND POUNDER THAT WILL HAVE MY OWLS DEFENSE GASED. AND I STILL GIVE MY OWLS A SHOT. GOOD LUCK TO ALL.

#LOP

#l BELIEVE THAT WE WILL WIN WHEN IT COUNTS!!!

AND IM STILL WILLING TO GIVE THEM A SHOT AT DB DESPITE HOW HUGE THEIR OLINE IS AND THEY GOT A STOUT BACK, NOT A CHEETAH BUT A GROUND AND POUNDER THAT WILL HAVE MY OWLS DEFENSE GASED.

and a QB who has thrown for 2000....  pass helps run... run helps pass....

4 minutes ago, johndeere said:

AND IM STILL WILLING TO GIVE THEM A SHOT AT DB DESPITE HOW HUGE THEIR OLINE IS AND THEY GOT A STOUT BACK, NOT A CHEETAH BUT A GROUND AND POUNDER THAT WILL HAVE MY OWLS DEFENSE GASED.

AND DEM OWLS QB AIN'T TOO SHABBY IN THE PASSING GAME EITHER AND YOU NEED TO ASK MARIVUL ABOUT MY BACKFIELD. BUT UNFORTUNATELY ONE OF THEM GOT A BAAD WHEEL.:?

#LOP

#I WILL CONTINUE TO BELIEVE THAT WE WILL WIN WHEN IT COUNTS!!

2 hours ago, johndeere said:

If any coach likes history or wants to make the most of what he has,here it is. It was 2008 and Oakland,they had a big O-line and ran in the championship game it looked like 90% or more of the time.Very interesting who their semi game was against as well.They just pounded the ball to a state title.If the Owls don't stop the run,don't stop the run yourself.There are times you have to throw the ball but not with an 8 point lead and time running out.You can't be stupid and beat some of these coaches as the rounds go forward.I use to be a monster Tennessee fan and found myself studying their play calling tendencies about 10 or 15 years ago..I sat at Neyland stadium with one of my kids and called 7 straight  plays before hand .My kid was amazed and ask how I done it.My anwser was this.You know I can't spell for shet,but this is not rocket science and it shocks me how some of these dumb azzes get jobs coaching at the college level .

Edited by BatmanDevil

43 minutes ago, BatmanDevil said:

If any coach likes history or wants to make the most of what he has,here it is. It was 2008 and Oakland,they had a big O-line and ran in the championship game it looked like 90% or more of the time.Very interesting who their semi game was against as well.They just pounded the ball to a state title.If the Owls don't stop the run,don't stop the run yourself.There are times you have to throw the ball but not with an 8 point lead and time running out.You can't be stupid and beat some of these coaches as the rounds go forward.I use to be a monster Tennessee fan and found myself studying their play calling tendencies about 10 or 15 years ago..I sat at Neyland stadium with one of my kids and called 7 straight  plays before hand .My kid was amazed and ask how I done it.My anwser was this.You know I can't spell for shet,but this is not rocket science and it shocks me how some of these dumb azzes get jobs coaching at the college level .

MY POINT EXACTLY. ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN. DEM OWLS HAD 1 SCAT BACK THAT TOOK THEM TO THE SEMIS AND AN UNSTOPPABLE DEFENSIVE END WHO WRECKED HAVOC COMING OFF THE EDGE.... UNTIL OAKLAND CAME IN THE OWLS NEST AND SHUT ERRBODY DOWN. I MEAN I WILL NEVER FORGET PRECIOUS VALENTINE AND CO CAME IN AND TOOK MY OWLS TO THE BACK OF THE WOODSHED. CAN'T BE 1 DIMENSIONAL. BUT IF YOUR QB THREW FOR 2000 THIS SEASON  l DON'T SEE DB BEING THAT WAY.

#LOP

Since 2014 (when the current seniors were freshmen) the Owls have won 5 playoff games.    Tribe has won 2.    Not sure if that has any bearing on this game, but there does seem to be a certain mentality that certain teams get during the playoffs that turns them into winners, even if they were mediocre during the season.      There is just something about having "been there before".   DB's guys have to BELIEVE that they can win.      I'm still taking the Tribe in this one..

4 minutes ago, blazer1set said:

Since 2014 (when the current seniors were freshmen) the Owls have won 5 playoff games.    Tribe has won 2.    Not sure if that has any bearing on this game, but there does seem to be a certain mentality that certain teams get during the playoffs that turns them into winners, even if they were mediocre during the season.      There is just something about having "been there before".   DB's guys have to BELIEVE that they can win.      I'm still taking the Tribe in this one..

#l BELIEVE THAT WE WILL WIN WHEN IT COUNTS!!!

#LOP 

This could be a very good game going either way especially if Sincere Quinn plays. I don't know his status for Friday night. The Owls had the turnover bug against Science Hill and still managed to make a game of it even though score didn't reflect it. The Owls have speed and athletes all over the field. If DB can run the ball and dominate time of possession it could be a long night for the Owls. DB has lots of momentum at the moment and gets the win in a close one.

1 hour ago, blazer1set said:

I'm sure every coach has spent countless hours in the film room at this point.It's not a matter of the Owls having DB's number or the players thinking this or that.It's a simple matter that the young men go out and do their job and the coaches put them in the best possible position to win.Don't over think it and keep yoor foot on the pedal.Not because you can't do this or that.Go for the kill just like last week .If they stack the box and make a stop on first down,don't get excited and start throwing every down.Now if any team doesn't stack the box on defense and throw on offense against the Tribe,they are either very good ,not capable of watching game film,or don't have a QB or receivers that can get it done.DB might not see another coach that has the studs like Farragut but is to stubborn to let it fly .Kentucky vs Tennessee on Kentucky's last two drives was a good example the other way.Kentucky came out and put it in the air three  times on the next to last drive but got their head out of their backside on the game winner.Do what you can do  best and don't get excited.

Edited by BatmanDevil

18 minutes ago, toppernationfan said:

This could be a very good game going either way especially if Sincere Quinn plays. I don't know his status for Friday night. The Owls had the turnover bug against Science Hill and still managed to make a game of it even though score didn't reflect it. The Owls have speed and athletes all over the field. If DB can run the ball and dominate time of possession it could be a long night for the Owls. DB has lots of momentum at the moment and gets the win in a close one.

Good luck to the Toppers.You guys should be very motivated after JC.It's a simple matter of matchups at this point and you probably matchup a little better with Bradley then DB but I think DB will matchup better with you then the first time around.Really a great gift to the Tribe but always one game at a time.