Hardin Co. @ Springfield RD 1

brian2000

9 hours ago, swyper01 said:

Is this new stadium located at the high school? I had heard that the field was at the middle school at one time?

Yes.  It's on Hwy 76.   I'm sure you've got GPS's but the most direct route will be to go to Exit 108 on I-65N which actually is the White House exit so you guys and Chester County will be all be getting off the interstate at the same exit...CC will go right and Harden will go left, although there are several fast food places and a Cracker Barrel in WH, there is an Applebees, O'Charleys and a Catfish House for bigger restaurants in Springfield about 10 minutes from the school.

For anyone wanting to stay overnight, White House or Goodlettsville (tons of restuarants there) will have your largest hotel options (all are within 20 minutes of Springfield stadium.)  After exiting the interstate you will have a curvy and hilly Hwy 76 to follow directly to Springfield High School.   SHS is close to Hwy 49 too if you chose to come from I-24 W (exit 24)...either way, Springfield is NOT close to the interstate.  IF any other games brings you this direction, Greenbrier is 7 miles to the south of Springfield, and you will pass White House Heritage (didn't make the playoffs) on the way from WH to Springfield.  Creekwood is in about an hour from us (the three schools in closer proximity).

Most important thing:  get north of Nashville before 3pm!  Trust me.  It's a Friday nightmare if you don't.   Good luck to everyone in the playoffs!  Let's Go Region 5!

Edited by GreenbrierCat2

21 hours ago, bigredmachine said:

Yes the stadium is directly behind the school.  

You will have to park in front of the school and walk around though. The only parking close to the field is for officials and reserved parking

It rained hard this morning and the retractable roof was open so the field got a little wet, :)  but the forecast looks a little better for tonight!

Safe travels for the Hardin Co. fans , hope you bring a good crowd. The rain has moved through right now at mid morning , hoping it stays like this for tonight's game. Tough opening round opponent for the Jackets , last season we were the lowered seeded team and won the first two rounds and advanced to the quarter finals , it a new season now , time to hopefully move on . First time meeting for Springfield and Hardin County , should be a good one. Go Jackets !