5A Playoff Predictions

Bump11

12 minutes ago, JohnnyRadcliff said:

Those Catholic North fellers that aint offering no financial incentives to play will be difficult to beat baring a major upset of the apple cart. No 5A school has the horses to match them Catlick North Fellers, but with the Butch Jones recruitin' spree coming to an end, the time is about over for those Catlick fellers. 

The tide is definitely going to turn for Catholic for that very reason. That said, they are still beatable right now. Just ask Soddy.

Edited by osunut2

15 hours ago, osunut2 said:

I agree. They are my pick to get to the semifinals.

unfortunately, they are mine too. they've ripped off 4 in a row, have 2 SEC type athletes on offense and did the same with winning 3 in a row last in the playoffs last year. although, i wont be surprised if any team out of that bracket makes it to the semis.

7 minutes ago, madhatter2269 said:

unfortunately, they are mine too. they've ripped off 4 in a row, have 2 SEC type athletes on offense and did the same with winning 3 in a row last in the playoffs last year. although, i wont be surprised if any team out of that bracket makes it to the semis.

The problem for SD this year has been injuries and consistency (both offensively and defensively). When they've been healthy, they are very dangerous. That said, they are also a relatively young team, and that has showed in their execution at times this season. IMO, they might be just as likely to get to the semis as they are to lose in round 1.

....... just ask their fans. Not true. Most if not all of us have been very open about some perceived deficiencies concerning our team. But yea, we're proud of our cities youth and the fact that we have gotten better over the course of the season. Most normal persons would feel the same way. Right?

• Like 1

Hmmmm. I think I will skip ahead to the third round match ups that I think will come to pass. I am not as confident on the QUAD 2 and 3 picks as I am with Quad 1 & 2.

Quad I Round 3: Sevier County @ South Doyle
Quad II Round 3: Fulton @ Oak Ridge
Quad III Round 3: Gallatin @ Beech
Quad IV Round 3: Clarksville NE @ Henry County

I know Catholic and Beech are everyone's favorites---but I don't think either makes it to Cookeville. I think Beech finishes at 13-1 while Catholic finishes at 8-4. I also have a feeling that the 5A state championship will be decided in the Quad 2 quarterfinal game---regardless of who it is. My gut says it will be a rematch of the week 11 contest between Fulton and Oak Ridge. .