2017-2018 AA Top Teams

ballinup90

As far as tough schedules go,  South Greene has played four games with opponents ranked in AAA. Beat #6 AAA Dobyns-Bennett. Lost to #4 Morristown West twice by 2 points each time. And lost to #2 Bradley Central by 8 after SG was leading as much as 23-5 in the second quarter & Taylor Lamb had 32 points and 15 rebounds. They haven't had the chance to play any ranked AA teams but have shown that they can compete with AAA teams with no problem. They do play many teams in their District and Region who do not have a good winning percentage and that's probably why they aren't ranked very high on CoachT's schedule strength rankings.

• Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, Mw4vols said:

The teams that they have played have a greater winning percentage of any other teams schedule.  Who do you think played a tougher schedule?

Not saying Cumberland County isn't good. But you can't go by the coachT ranking. Some teams have good records because the teams they play are really bad. Bledsoe County is the second best team in their district behind Cumberland County and ranked I think 24th and I will promise you that Bledsoe is not the 24th best team in the state. CoachT has Red Back ranked 21 and the they are 21-4 on the year and they  will lose by 40 when they play a good team. I see about 4 maybe 5 good teams Cumberland County has played this year.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Mw4vols said:

What does a crossville newspaper have to do with a York - upperman  game?

Nothing at all! 

2 minutes ago, EastTNfan20 said:

As far as tough schedules go,  South Greene has played four games with opponents ranked in AAA. Beat #6 AAA Dobyns-Bennett. Lost to #4 Morristown West twice by 2 points each time. And lost to #2 Bradley Central by 8 after SG was leading as much as 23-5 in the second quarter & Taylor Lamb had 32 points and 15 rebounds. They haven't had the chance to play any ranked AA teams but have shown that they can compete with AAA teams with no problem. They do play many teams in their District and Region who do not have a good winning percentage and that's probably why they aren't ranked very high on CoachT's schedule strength rankings.

6 minutes ago, EastTNfan20 said:

I agree that south green has played a tough schedule.  

• Like 1

Cumberland County should be there although they’ll have to beat a very good Macon County team in the semi’s of the region tournament barring any major upsets. 

South Greene is a very good team. No competition over there for them so they will most assuredly be in Murfreesboro again. 

Upperman has Levy and a solid supporting cast so they’ll be there. 

Westview has has zero competition so you know they’ll be there from West Tn. 

The rest of the teams  will just be happy to be there and won’t make any noise in the tournament. 

Edited by UCSportsFan

1 minute ago, GCPioneer said:

Cumberland County should be in Murfreesboro. They play hard and they all can shoot...

1 minute ago, GCPioneer said:

Cumberland County should be in Murfreesboro. They play hard and they all can shoot...

Who are the other top scorers?  I have only heard about Dishman and I honestly have not seen them play other than at camp this summer.