2017-2018 AA Top Teams

ballinup90

6 minutes ago, UCSportsFan said:

Cumberland County should be there although they’ll have to beat a very good Macon County team in the semi’s of the region tournament barring any major upsets. 

South Greene is a very good team. No competition over there for them so they will most assuredly be in Murfreesboro again. 

Upperman has Levy and a solid supporting cast so they’ll be there. 

Westview has has zero competition so you know they’ll be there from West Tn. 

The rest of the teams  will just be happy to be there and won’t make any noise in the tournament. 

Dyersburg is talented enough to be Westview but i think they have a mental block or just plan scared of the name WESTVIEW on the jersey. Maybe their coach should call SS and get the remedy they had last year. But, i agree, all those teams will be there. I havnt seen CC but all the talk I hope I can see them

If CC makes it to state (not saying I do not want them to) they are going to have to do a better job at taking care of the ball! Teams at state feast on turnovers. :hungry:  With that said, ALL teams looking to be at the Glass House have something to work on during this postseason, and can easily come in and drop some mouths. It is apart of what makes the road to state fun, so buckle up ladies and gentleman. ;)

28 minutes ago, RealisticFan45 said:

Dyersburg is talented enough to be Westview but i think they have a mental block or just plan scared of the name WESTVIEW on the jersey. Maybe their coach should call SS and get the remedy they had last year. But, i agree, all those teams will be there. I havnt seen CC but all the talk I hope I can see them

Dyersburg isn't beating Westview neither is anyone else out here.... Westview dominated both games against them, and held them scoreless in the fourth quarter of the game in Martin.

Edited by GCPioneer

Last time i checked the refs are 0-0 and not ranked.  If you have watched Upperman more than once this season you have not seen Levy in blowout games padding her stats.  The bench has improved over the season due to the fact they have played a lot.  Why?  Coach McWilliams understands what's important and is a class act!  She is well respected by the coaching fraternity.  BTW, how many triple doubles has #32 from Cumberland had this year?  Upperman has 2 players averaging double figures.  How many for Cumberland?   York was senior night.  Typically the coach will leave the SENIORS in longer.  Levy finished with 45 and probably could of scored more.  She has earned the right to play one last complete game at home no matter what the score is.  It's only a pattern if it consistently happens.  7AA may be the weakest district in the state.   Everyone who has seen Cumberland play more than once knows what the agenda is. Let me hear you justify why you would put your best player back in the game when your up 79 to 29?    

• Like 1

1 hour ago, workinprogress said:

I love it when fans say teams will be happy just to be at the tournament but not make any noise type of comments. Once you get to the tournament anything can happen.

Outside of the teams I mentioned no one else will win a game at the tournament. I’ve been around a long time you can take what I say as gospel. Check back with me after the tournament. 

37 minutes ago, UCSportsFan said:

Outside of the teams I mentioned no one else will win a game at the tournament. I’ve been around a long time you can take what I say as gospel. Check back with me after the tournament. 

I remember two years ago you said that South Greene coming from a weak East TN wouldn't stand a chance against your district in the Class A state tournament. So I'm not sure you should take what is coming from him as gospel considering South Greene won back to back state championships. I agree with 'workinprogress' that in tournament time anything can happen and you should never count any team out if they are capable of making it that far. 

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, ADMIRAL said:

Last time i checked the refs are 0-0 and not ranked.  If you have watched Upperman more than once this season you have not seen Levy in blowout games padding her stats.  The bench has improved over the season due to the fact they have played a lot.  Why?  Coach McWilliams understands what's important and is a class act!  She is well respected by the coaching fraternity.  BTW, how many triple doubles has #32 from Cumberland had this year?  Upperman has 2 players averaging double figures.  How many for Cumberland?   York was senior night.  Typically the coach will leave the SENIORS in longer.  Levy finished with 45 and probably could of scored more.  She has earned the right to play one last complete game at home no matter what the score is.  It's only a pattern if it consistently happens.  7AA may be the weakest district in the state.   Everyone who has seen Cumberland play more than once knows what the agenda is. Let me hear you justify why you would put your best player back in the game when your up 79 to 29?    

Upperman was up 74-36  and their best player  had not been out but for 2 very short breathers.  What's the difference?   I've seen them do that more than once.  Their average margin of victory is close to 40. You can't claim that they call off the dogs.  

2 minutes ago, Mw4vols said:

Upperman was up 74-36  and their best player  had not been out but for 2 very short breathers.  What's the difference?   I've seen them do that more than once.  Their average margin of victory is close to 40. You can't claim that they call off the dogs.  

Akira is not the lead scorer every night, although she could be. Upperman has a lot of talent.  If you are so busy watching Upperman, how do you manage to watch CC? 

6 minutes ago, ElizabethGrace1320 said:

Akira is not the lead scorer every night, although she could be. Upperman has a lot of talent.  If you are so busy watching Upperman, how do you manage to watch CC? 

I watch a lot of games at a lot of different gyms. I try to watch as many teams play as possible, so that I have an informed opinion, instead of making statements about things I've not seen.   You should try that

5 minutes ago, Mw4vols said:

I watch a lot of games at a lot of different gyms. I try to watch as many teams play as possible, so that I have an informed opinion, instead of making statements about things I've not seen.   You should try that

What statements have I made about things I I haven’t seen?

Edited by ElizabethGrace1320

The part of tournament time that is hard to account for is match ups. That's the key. When MLK won the championship three years ago did anyone outside of metro pick them. I doubt it. The year EN won everyone was picking Elizabethton who got knocked out the first round by Westview. Last year few probably picked PC to make it to the championship game. Who is to say it the first round upperman is against CC and Westview against SG. Its too hard to say what will happen and who the draws will be. Teams not mentioned that could win a game are Cheatham County and whomever comes out of 10AA.