#1 Ranked GreenEville Vs Anderson County

DevilMan03

4 minutes ago, MavDad67 said:

Having more depth doesnt make you the better team

I'm not one of the Greeneville guys that comes in here and talks smack but this comment is asinine.  Having more Depth is a big key of having a better team.  Team is not just the starting 11 on each side of the ball. If someone gets hurt and they can rotate someone in and don't miss a beat because of Depth that Definitely makes you a better overall team.  If you have to throw someone in there that has taken maybe 20 snaps all year that hurts your team

• Upvote 1

Just now, DevilMan03 said:

Meant to say the best stats doesn’t always win. But you’ll hear what you wanna hear. Fact is The state voters see Ballard as the best and rightfully so! He won! And guess what Greeneville beat Ac! And guess what Greeneville plays for state Friday! 

Let it go man. Better luck next year if you can make it that far. 

It has nothing to do with what I hear, you put it in writing, or did you already forget that! We may have lost this time, but next year, I can promise you that AC will be ready, we WILL win and you will be the one that is on here whining. Also dont forget, you are horrible at predicting events, blowout you said, run over them you said. Admit this, you were a little scared in the first half and even questioned the outcome during halftime!

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, MavDad67 said:

It has nothing to do with what I hear, you put it in writing, or did you already forget that! We may have lost this time, but next year, I can promise you that AC will be ready, we WILL win and you will be the one that is on here whining. Also dont forget, you are horrible at predicting events, blowout you said, run over them you said. Admit this, you were a little scared in the first half and even questioned the outcome during halftime!

I can honestly say I wasn’t scared at any point. I knew our guys would pull it out because I know this team and they don’t quit. We shot ourselves in the foot for the first half time after time. We’ve been down before this year and we’re prepared unlike Ac. 

We outscored you guys 35-10 after the bad start and didn’t allow a point in the second half. Martin was still throwing accurate passes but our defense wasn’t gonna be denied because they wanted it more. 

1 hour ago, MavDad67 said:

What you dont know, whether the schedule was weaker or not, is this, Martin only played in the first half of 90% of the games. So, that being said, Martin has a better record than Ballard and passed him up playing less time! Now what!!

All that tells me is how weak the schedule really was. 

6 hours ago, MavDad67 said:

SO, let me understand this, you DevilMan03, just admitted the Martin is the better QB

Ballard has thrown for 2,930 yards this season on 174-of-212 passing, an astounding 82-percent completion rate. He has 35 touchdowns to just four interceptions.

He is also the team’s leading rusher with 864 yards and 16 more touchdowns on 149 carries.

pretty sure Martin had 4 on the night. And don't give me that "played hurt" excuse. You play with the tools you have. The outcome would have been much worse had he not but his stats would have been better. Its hard to argue which QB has more impact on his team. Neither would be where they were without these amazing athletes.

How many passing yards came from the bubble screen? While an 82% completion rate is great, throwing screens all year is not much different than running the jet sweep like we did all year in 2015. It inflates passing stats. Before you homers go into attack mode, Ballard is a good quarterback, but I'm just curious if a good bit of his passing stats came from that bubble screen. I like to see down field numbers.

Edited by leadfarmer

53 minutes ago, leadfarmer said:

How many passing yards came from the bubble screen? While an 82% completion rate is great, throwing screens all year is not much different than running the jet sweep like we did all year in 2015. It inflates passing stats. Before you homers go into attack mode, Ballard is a good quarterback, but I'm just curious if a good bit of his passing stats came from that bubble screen. I like to see down field numbers.

I'm thinking the 4 interceptions was the impressive number...

1 hour ago, barb said:

I'm thinking the 4 interceptions was the impressive number...

or ............ it could be his career as starting QB 39 wins 3 losses........or........... career starting QB passing percentage of 3 seasons 75% completion............or............. 2017 stats of 82% completion...........or.............. Invitee to the US Army Combine.........or......... All the MVP, sophomore of the year, offensive player of the year awards (2 many to list when I looked them up)...........or...........the fact he has been offered by Austin Peay, Wofford, Carson Newman, with all the academys interested (MVP at West Point and best Offensive player)............. or he has a 3.9 gpa........... or he is starting his private pilot license............or like barb said 4 interceptions this year.......... or all the community stuff I dont know about that he does........or  all the other extracirricular academic honors I have no clue about, but I am sure he has...........  or maybe it's the 14-0 record..............  Go Greene!