#1 Ranked GreenEville Vs Anderson County

DevilMan03

5 minutes ago, leadfarmer said:

When we had Ashton Posey back in 15 people criticized his stats because of the jet sweep but he was a great down field passer.

I'll tell you this Leadfarmer He threw more wr screens against Marshall County than any other game so far this year.  It truly just depends on how the DB's line up to how many screens he throws.  He is very good at reading coverages and just takes what the D gives him to keep the chains moving rather it be a 5 yard screen or a 70 yard post.  Crawford is his favorite long ball Wr I would say and Goddard is his Favorite over the middle on a dig route

51 minutes ago, Swipes said:

I'll tell you this Leadfarmer He threw more wr screens against Marshall County than any other game so far this year.  It truly just depends on how the DB's line up to how many screens he throws.  He is very good at reading coverages and just takes what the D gives him to keep the chains moving rather it be a 5 yard screen or a 70 yard post.  Crawford is his favorite long ball Wr I would say and Goddard is his Favorite over the middle on a dig route

He has some good targets for sure. Having good receivers is half the battle. Hite, Goddard & Crawford are some good ones too. I remember watching Bryce Wallace in junior high when he was in Giles County. I thought "if this kid had some descent receivers he would be dangerous". His sophmore season at MC he threw for 2900, 31 TD'S and 7 INT'S. Man we miss having Howard and Crutcher.

Edited by leadfarmer

1 hour ago, DevilMan03 said:

People from Pisgah, Nc say that haven’t seen a guy like him since Johnathon Crompton was over there way in highschool. 

You can't take NC mountain football seriously. The level of talent in the mountains of NC in comparison to the rest of the state is not even close. Prime example, this past week Franklin, NC (14-0) traveled to Lenoir to play Hibriten (14-0) and lost 37-7. Hibriten fumbled 6 times or they could have hung 50 on them. 

I say that to say; Crompton was a great QB but in comparison to other top level QB's to come from NC he's not even close. For NC mountain football he excelled. 

1 hour ago, SPRedRaider said:

You can't take NC mountain football seriously. The level of talent in the mountains of NC in comparison to the rest of the state is not even close. Prime example, this past week Franklin, NC (14-0) traveled to Lenoir to play Hibriten (14-0) and lost 37-7. Hibriten fumbled 6 times or they could have hung 50 on them. 

I say that to say; Crompton was a great QB but in comparison to other top level QB's to come from NC he's not even close. For NC mountain football he excelled. 

Do you know how Pisgah did in the playoffs?

You can say what you want but having a torn ACL will effect your throwing. If that makes you feel better saying it don't that's fine. Anyone besides a Greeneville fan would see that! The AC QB is a runner scrambler and passer he makes plays  with his feet just ask Betsy fans or any team that seen a healthy Martin.  Both QB's are great athletes, and Greeneville won. Good luck tomorrow! I know one thing it will be another great exciting game next year at AC if we meet again. I'm pretty sure that is what everyone will be predicting in the preseason.

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, AllWorld said:

How did South Point finish?  I still think it would be a good game between the two schools.

We finished 12-1. Upset (if you can call it that) at home in the second round by our conference rival Shelby who we beat by 20 in the regular season. Their (2) loses came against South Pointe (Rock Hill, SC) which is ranked in the USA Today top 10 in country and to us. Evenly matched squads and a darn shame we met in the 2nd round. This was our first year being in 2A after realignment and with our new playoff seeding standards no second place conference finishers can be seeded above a conference champion. Which resulted in 9-2 Shelby getting a #7 seed for the playoffs. They are the (4) time defending state champions in 2A ball in NC. Most in NC say that game was for the state and if we played 10 times it would be close to a split depending on turnovers and penalties. We are loaded for several years to come.......

Greeneville vs. South Point would be interesting. We averaged 46 points a game this year and gave up just over 7. That number is skewed by giving up 33 in our loss to Shelby. Prior to that we have not given up more than 14 since the 4 game last year with 6 shutouts this year. Greeneville's physical receivers would give us problems on the outside with screens mainly due to the size advantage. We would make you beat us throwing the ball as our run defense was lights out this year with (2) Shrine Bowl players on the DL. Offensively I think SP could move the ball pretty easily on Greeneville. That's not a knock against the defense just a matter of how well SP runs the flexbone and read mid-line/outside veers. Discipline is our forte and we are typically successful on offense against anyone. When we lose it's typically to teams who can spread us out and beat us over the top.

Edited by SPRedRaider

1 hour ago, Space3 said:

You can say what you want but having a torn ACL will effect your throwing. If that makes you feel better saying it don't that's fine. Anyone besides a Greeneville fan would see that! The AC QB is a runner scrambler and passer he makes plays  with his feet just ask Betsy fans or any team that seen a healthy Martin.  Both QB's are great athletes, and Greeneville won. Good luck tomorrow! I know one thing it will be another great exciting game next year at AC if we meet again. I'm pretty sure that is what everyone will be predicting in the preseason.

Martin didn't throw 4 bad passes. He threw great passes into great coverage.

Bottom line is yes it had an effect on the plays that were available to AC because Martin couldn't run like if he was healthy and that was big in hurting AC's play calling options.I never want to see a young man hurt and wish he hadn't got hurt.That is sad for any player or team,but it is part of the game that every team has to factor with their depth.That's why I loved it when our backup QB's got into games this year.