William blount offseason thread

Board approves $492,000 for Heritage, William Blount stadium repairs but won't fix locker rooms. For only $15,000 they could buy new lockers that have been damaged by water that have been used since the place opened in 1979 leaving it up to the kids , fans and coaches to raise money for these upgrades. This is a total disgrace and the Board should be ashamed. My first thoughts when I saw the picture of the lockers in the paper that it must be a story about something else they had salvaged from the Titanic. Then to read that these were the lockers at WB. My goodness the county landfill is just down the road a mile and I can bet better things get thrown away everyday then these things. With GB down the road in a new school and people wonder why kids from WB are jumping ship shouldn't take a rocket scientist to figure out.4utac1.jpg

Too much taxpayer money is spent on elem, middle and high school sports. You can use anybody as the example but what percentage of the student body plays football or basketball or baseball or runs track? In other words, it’s like each school maintaining their own 9 hole course for the 10 kids playing golf. Plus all the fake positions and supplements paid to “coaches” and ad’s. It would be interesting to know the total cost for the 4 public schools in our county. On second thought, I probably don’t want to know.

6 hours ago, TheGuvna said:

Barney,

What is more important? Sealing the stadium and making other structural repairs or buying lockers?  Addressing the previously mentioned problems first makes the most sense. Seeing as how the leaks caused the old lockers to rust in the first place.

So in other words until the money is raised by fans, students and coaches Scott Cupp needs to hand out each visiting player a pamphlet as they board the bus to go back home for their mothers to read.

2mr8uq8.jpg

2 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

So in other words until the money is raised by fans, students and coaches Scott Cupp needs to hand out each visiting player a pamphlet as they board the bus to go back home for their mothers to read.

2mr8uq8.jpg

We dont have rust at GB anymore,just silver and Gold.Not to mention we just won the Dist in Basketball,went to the state in Baseball and return another great baseball team (better than last year),Also return almost all starters from a STATE CHAMPION football team (lost one lineman,but just signed a 6'4 250 pound soon to be 8th grader to fill that spot) and will be a player to go deep in the playoffs again.So how to remove rust---send them to us.LOL.

Edited by orngnblk

On 3/3/2018 at 10:09 AM, orngnblk said:

We dont have rust at GB anymore,just silver and Gold.Not to mention we just won the Dist in Basketball,went to the state in Baseball and return another great baseball team (better than last year),Also return almost all starters from a STATE CHAMPION football team (lost one lineman,but just signed a 6'4 250 pound soon to be 8th grader to fill that spot) and will be a player to go deep in the playoffs again.So how to remove rust---send them to us.LOL.

Of course it is different in every school district. Our players are expected to raise $400 dollars each  for new lockers this year and additional option uniform color  and an additional 200 for their nike package (cleats, compression shirt, practice shorts and top and game day polo for 300 you get all that plus your nike sweat top and bottom All in that is truly not that bad but that is where it falls on parents to step up and do their part. Way too many parents take the attitude "My kid is a starter.. I am not volunteering for anything. No concessions, no pre game meals, no field clean up..... nothing... You end up with the same 10 people doing everything and you wonder why you don't have what Maryville has or what other schools get. If you expect your kids very best then you gotta pony up and do your part. I have watched Maryville fans continue t support the team beyond the time their kids play... winning is a culture and you have to cultivate the attitude in the community if you ever want it to thrive beyond an occasional season.  Just a thought

• Like 1