William blount offseason thread

1 hour ago, rebelwoman87 said:

Maryville has the entire week off. 

Whut inn tha werld......???....................Eye down't like this one bit......:angry:

Lett's hoap thait when'st thair on tha sprang brake down onn tha beech, thait thay've gott sum feed sacks loaded upp onn thair baicks and runnin' inn tha deep sand wif combatt boots.....:popcorneater:

1 hour ago, orngnblk said:

Haha.I hit the like button.

Three times a week? That’s cute. 

This is just morning conditioning  They have been doing since late January not to be confused with practice or anything other than conditioning  They will actaully start their workouts next week. Point being that thee has to be buy in from kids and you can't just show up and hope to win.. That starts with the parents .It is investment in yourself and the team 

1 hour ago, BarneySox2007 said:

There are many way's to create fun raisers for the sports teams than sell a kid a $400 bag of expensive goodies to a family that shops at Wal-Mart and the Dollar Tree to make ends meet. Some of those things could very well keep some kids from playing because their family's can't afford for them to play. I for one was very upset about the school board not replacing the lockers. Their always famous for doing stuff like this because they know they can buffalo people that do care about these things into figuring out a way to raise funds. This is school property and the board needs to act like it is and fix this mess. 

No I think you misunderstood...400 is what they are asking the kids to raise to help pay for the new uniforms and lockers... $200 is what they are asking the kids to raise for the Nike package . Cleats game socks, compression shirt, shorts and practice shirt along with a game day polo. I aint lyin that is hard to come up with. the kids don't "have to raise that much" that is the goal... some will raise more and get prizes some will raise less... some of that money is used to help off set things so that these kids get their stuff. There are opportunities for kids to work around the field house , the fields to earn points towards those things as well.  I agree that schools should pony up the money for upgrades and this type of thing, but where is that going to come from? Taxes? That might be 5-6 years before they get that done and then what... your kid has come and gone from the program, I guess my biggest gripe is I have worked in booster clubs for 8 years and you know what I found? 10-12 people show up and do it all pre game meals. breakfast,painting the field, running the chains frsh/jv/ var. games....Then their are the parents that complain that they don't like what is going on in the program as far as fundraisers, that their kid only got 1 set of practice shells... thats what I see.  Granted these locker they showed in the pictures are in bad shape, but they are bigger than ours... 

50 minutes ago, STARSNBARS said:

Whut inn tha werld......???....................Eye down't like this one bit......:angry:

Lett's hoap thait when'st thair on tha sprang brake down onn tha beech, thait thay've gott sum feed sacks loaded upp onn thair baicks and runnin' inn tha deep sand wif combatt boots.....:popcorneater:

I was told they worked so hard over the winter that they need a break. Sprang Praktuss starts a week from Monday...

I doubt these workouts in March are gonna matter much for LA. Circling the wagons, hiding in the weeds, and closing the borders are all much more important for the govs this time of year.

JMO but if schools have the budget to create several $60k+ positions for coaches like drivers ed, counselors, asst principles, and PE teachers, then the school should pay more of the player fee. Coaches get salaries, stipends, gift/gas cards, free vacations, low interest loans, free workout facilities, etc to coach a team we are asking parents to pay the expenses for. Fold t$$aa and save the salaries by going to travel ball?

On 3/10/2018 at 1:54 PM, Blaze45 said:

Three times a week? That’s cute. 

This is just morning conditioning  They have been doing since late January not to be confused with practice or anything other than conditioning  They will actaully start their workouts next week. Point being that thee has to be buy in from kids and you can't just show up and hope to win.. That starts with the parents .It is investment in yourself and the team 

I'm just messing with you Blaze. 

33 minutes ago, Red Rebels said:

I'm just messing with you Blaze. 

I figured as much, we will have a lot of ground to make up if we are going to be competitive this year.  I just hate that they can't get things straight at WB.... It is always somebody else's fault that they don't have what they want. My parents told me get off my backside and work for it. It is called earning something . A bunch of fans (not all), on here whine team sucks, coaches suck, facilities suck, and yet they do noting to help out with the problem . Like show up and help paint. clean up, coach their kid up ... rather the team sucks because they didn't play you  or if he had thrown to you more ya'll would have won... nevermind the fact he threw 5 times and you dropped 4 (too hard too soft too high too low...) They can fire this coach and the next and the next until they figure out ...hmmm maybe it ain't just coaching we need. If you are ballsy enough to get on here and bash your kids coach to others who don't care, I can only assume they are doing the same at home to their kid. That never helps  done with my rant...lol

Blaze, WB had success ten years ago under Scott Meadows. They do have the raw talent to get there again but it will take someone special to get it out of them. Since the day Shad came on the scene I've watched large freshmen classes dwindle down to just a handful of seniors every year. I personally know families that have kids playing there and listen to some of the things they tell me. I also know a few officials that pretty much have told me give me a WB game to call or give me death and all of them have said they would choose death over being beat up on almost every play of the game by Shad. One told me last week there isn't enough money to get me to call one of their games. I could go on and on but no need to rehash everything. I don't won't to see WB lose players to other schools or see them go 1-9 and even lose 30 players before a playoff game. This is the year they should show some improvement even if that is 3-7 which I could accept expecting a few more the next year but if they end up 1-9 or worse with a comedy of events to happen like the first three years then I would expect some big changes. I know a lot of good people that are WB fans and supporters and I try to explain to them I'm on their side and to view me like a dentist, I like to drill until I hit the nerve.