William blount offseason thread

7 hours ago, Blaze45 said:

I figured as much, we will have a lot of ground to make up if we are going to be competitive this year.  I just hate that they can't get things straight at WB.... It is always somebody else's fault that they don't have what they want. My parents told me get off my backside and work for it. It is called earning something . A bunch of fans (not all), on here whine team sucks, coaches suck, facilities suck, and yet they do noting to help out with the problem . Like show up and help paint. clean up, coach their kid up ... rather the team sucks because they didn't play you  or if he had thrown to you more ya'll would have won... nevermind the fact he threw 5 times and you dropped 4 (too hard too soft too high too low...) They can fire this coach and the next and the next until they figure out ...hmmm maybe it ain't just coaching we need. If you are ballsy enough to get on here and bash your kids coach to others who don't care, I can only assume they are doing the same at home to their kid. That never helps  done with my rant...lol

Blaze45,

I have been WB's and Shad's biggest cheerleader, but some things are not looking good for Shad. WB's football program has undeniably trended in the wrong direction under Shad's leadership. 

#1- He has failed to win 3 games in a season. The previous 2 coaches were able to accomplish this with less talent and against tougher competition.

#2- Discipline has become a real issue. We have players getting unsportsmanlike conduct penalties left and right. I have never seen anything like it.

#3- Lastly,  our long winning streak over Heritage ended on Shad's watch. Now, they have a two game streak on us.

Now, I want Shad to succeed because he is our guy, but things are not looking good.

6 minutes ago, TheGuvna said:

Blaze45,

I have been WB's and Shad's biggest cheerleader, but some things are not looking good for Shad. WB's football program has undeniably trended in the wrong direction under Shad's leadership. 

#1- He has failed to win 3 games in a season. The previous 2 coaches were able to accomplish this with less talent and against tougher competition.

#2- Discipline has become a real issue. We have players getting unsportsmanlike conduct penalties left and right. I have never seen anything like it.

#3- Lastly,  our long winning streak over Heritage ended on Shad's watch. Now, they have a two game streak on us.

Now, I want Shad to succeed because he is our guy, but things are not looking good.

This to me was not just about Shad, it is about the kids... Here is where I draw my references from.  Just like Coffee county Warren County and a dozen others I could name. There is always an early excitement that falls off. But take Coffee county who had one of the top recruits in the state with Alontae Taylor for example.  They didn't exactly perform this year or last...Was it Coaching? I don't know- Talent?...shouldn't be... But then you read threads on here from coffee county fans and they are publicly busting the coaches bidness and how terrible the team is.  I watched a hudl clip filmed from the home side from last years game and you could hear their fans on the tape laughing at their team. I see some of that same stuff with WB... If parents a don't respect the coach, players will follow suit...I would like to see a change  be it attitude, staff, whatever it takes to give these kids a chance. That is my point.... attitude has to be right players, parents coaches alike.   As far as unsportsmanlike penalties that is discipline or lack of... that is all on the coaches if they let it go on.... As it pertains to fundraising I hate it, but I also know it is something every successful program does, which ties back into support. If you are a parent and you bash this to the kid ... it then becomes stupid... as does the coach as does the team as does the admin... and so on. I hope it turns around for you all. I would love to see Shad get it all put together , but more important is the kids. 

22 hours ago, Blaze45 said:

This to me was not just about Shad, it is about the kids... Here is where I draw my references from.  Just like Coffee county Warren County and a dozen others I could name. There is always an early excitement that falls off. But take Coffee county who had one of the top recruits in the state with Alontae Taylor for example.  They didn't exactly perform this year or last...Was it Coaching? I don't know- Talent?...shouldn't be... But then you read threads on here from coffee county fans and they are publicly busting the coaches bidness and how terrible the team is.  I watched a hudl clip filmed from the home side from last years game and you could hear their fans on the tape laughing at their team. I see some of that same stuff with WB... If parents a don't respect the coach, players will follow suit...I would like to see a change  be it attitude, staff, whatever it takes to give these kids a chance. That is my point.... attitude has to be right players, parents coaches alike.   As far as unsportsmanlike penalties that is discipline or lack of... that is all on the coaches if they let it go on.... As it pertains to fundraising I hate it, but I also know it is something every successful program does, which ties back into support. If you are a parent and you bash this to the kid ... it then becomes stupid... as does the coach as does the team as does the admin... and so on. I hope it turns around for you all. I would love to see Shad get it all put together , but more important is the kids. 

I get what you are saying, but explain something to me. Last year during fall break our coaches saw fit to completely cancel practice the week of a very winnable game against Mcminn County. And the results showed on the field. Our defense was woefully ill prepared to stop their wing t offense. It was so bad that Mcminn was going for it on 4th down every time and converting. It was embarrassing to say the least.  Does that decision to cancel practice for a week make sense? And earlier in the year we got ran off the field by a 4A team that was something like 2-8 the year before. And we really showed our arses in that game by getting personal fouls almost every play. 

Like I said, I have been WB's biggest fan and usually support the coaches. I hope Shad can get things turned around because he is our guy at the moment, but facts are facts. WB has not been going in a good direction under Shad. But I hope that changes!

Edited by TheGuvna

4 hours ago, TheGuvna said:

I get what you are saying, but explain something to me. Last year during fall break our coaches saw fit to completely cancel practice the week of a very winnable game against Mcminn County. And the results showed on the field. Our defense was woefully ill prepared to stop their wing t offense. It was so bad that Mcminn was going for it on 4th down every time and converting. It was embarrassing to say the least.  Does that decision to cancel practice for a week make sense? And earlier in the year we got ran off the field by a 4A team that was something like 2-8 the year before. And we really showed our arses in that game by getting personal fouls almost every play. 

Like I said, I have been WB's biggest fan and usually support the coaches. I hope Shad can get things turned around because he is our guy at the moment, but facts are facts. WB has not been going in a good direction under Shad. But I hope that changes!

WOW!This post made sence!Great breakdown 91.

4 hours ago, TheGuvna said:

William Blount Football reminds me of watching "Finding Big Foot". Other than hearing a knock on a tree or some off in the distance howl they never find the thing and their off to another town the next week to do the same thing over and over except WB can't find a winning season. You get all pumped up this is going to be the year and dang something stupid happens. Gov is right about the McMinn County game. I watched it live on my computer and I fully believe in my heart they could have won that game had they not taken that week off.  I can't decide if that was one of the stupidest things I've ever heard of or the year before when the players were told if they didn't want to go to Oakland in the playoff game they didn't have to. Nothing would be held against them if they were returning the next year so 30 players decided not to go in order to get out of practice that week since they wouldn't be playing anyways. Most schools would have made changes had all this stuff happened on a coaches watch but not in Blount County and that my friends is why some families defect and send their kids to other programs.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

William Blount Football reminds me of watching "Finding Big Foot". Other than hearing a knock on a tree or some off in the distance howl they never find the thing and their off to another town the next week to do the same thing over and over except WB can't find a winning season. You get all pumped up this is going to be the year and dang something stupid happens. Gov is right about the McMinn County game. I watched it live on my computer and I fully believe in my heart they could have won that game had they not taken that week off.  I can't decide if that was one of the stupidest things I've ever heard of or the year before when the players were told if they didn't want to go to Oakland in the playoff game they didn't have to. Nothing would be held against them if they were returning the next year so 30 players decided not to go in order to get out of practice that week since they wouldn't be playing anyways. Most schools would have made changes had all this stuff happened on a coaches watch but not in Blount County and that my friends is why some families defect and send their kids to other programs.

Barney,

I was thinking they need to do an Unsolved Mysteries episode on how WB went up to DB in 2016 and played 4 qtrs of really good football without any monkey business. I still cant figure that one out. How do you go from beating a good team like that on the road to losing to Heritage the next week? 

Edited by TheGuvna

On 3/14/2018 at 1:50 AM, TheGuvna said:

Barney,

I was thinking they need to do an Unsolved Mysteries episode on how WB went up to DB in 2016 and played 4 qtrs of really good football without any monkey business. I still cant figure that one out. How do you go from beating a good team like that on the road to losing to Heritage the next week? 

91.....Inn all serryusnuss.....If'un thay wuz moore fanz like ewe rootin' fer WB....Thay wood bee a lott bettur oft.........imo......:thumb:

On 3/15/2018 at 10:21 AM, rebelwoman87 said:

:thumb:

On 3/15/2018 at 7:30 AM, STARSNBARS said:

91.....Inn all serryusnuss.....If'un thay wuz moore fanz like ewe rootin' fer WB....Thay wood bee a lott bettur oft.........imo......:thumb:

Dis ritecheer is zakly whut Ima talkinbout. ...... Ole Starz nails it again