3A Semi-Final - Covington @ Pearl-Cohn

CHARGERFAN

2 hours ago, Jmm475 said:

Last night was a classic example of a team over looking an opponent. It started with the fans early in this thread being arrogant and cocky and ended up with them eating crow. The fan that taunted our fans in the ticket line and then came to our bleachers to trash talk everyone was lucky the police got him before he got beat down.  That being said y'all do have a great football team and I hope y'all play 6a ball next year where you belong. 

You taking out the side of your neck and I'm still going to keep it classy. 1 supposed to be fan got your feathers ruffled. Not once did we talk down on Covington. We always said it would be a good game. Good luck to you guys in the championship. You should be channeling this energy towards Alcoa. 

55 minutes ago, bglass said:

Hopefully Covington makes it back to semi final again next year and y'all come to Covington so y'all can hear a professional PA announcer. And I guarantee our principal won't come to your side and ask ur band not to play although yours played every time we had the ball.

Hey you talking about a announcer who has won the announcer award state wide for a few years. I thought you would be happy that y'all won but your still complaining. Hopefully we do see each other next year. We are mostly JRs. I'll make sure I'll pass the word along to bring the whole band and show yall how its done

21 minutes ago, FBfan26 said:

Hey you talking about a announcer who has won the announcer award state wide for a few years. I thought you would be happy that y'all won but your still complaining. Hopefully we do see each other next year. We are mostly JRs. I'll make sure I'll pass the word along to bring the whole band and show yall how its done

Lol if he's announcer of the year I'm Peyton Manning -- I think it funny how he told yalls crowd about booking hotel rooms in Cookville. Y'all do have a good team but y'all got out coached should have defintly kicked field goal or thrown ball before end of fist half. # 2 would be my vote for Mr football he's a special talent for sure -- maybe we use him next week with the co-op agreement

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, FBfan26 said:

I hope Covington does not make it to the semi's next year, as they will have to put out my team to do so, but if these teams do see each other next year, Covington should co-op with munford and grab their band for a game. I think that would show PC how its done. Probably wouldn't be able to hear the PC band over munford's.

11 hours ago, JoeBlow777 said:

I hope Covington does not make it to the semi's next year, as they will have to put out my team to do so, but if these teams do see each other next year, Covington should co-op with munford and grab their band for a game. I think that would show PC how its done. Probably wouldn't be able to hear the PC band over munford's.

I have told several people on this site for several years so it's no secret. I am a choir director and a asst band director in the district I work in. Munford is one of the top marching band programs in the country. Dobyns Bennett is the only school in TN that could give them a run for their money. No other even come close. 

I was at the Covington - PC game and I realized that my Chargers had made a great second-half comeback. Until I read the game article on The Covington Leader website, however, I did not realize how the Chargers had dominated in that second half.

Pearl-Cohn had only 9 plays from scrimmage in the second half, and two of those plays were punts. PC had total offense of 319 yards in the game, and 269 of those were in the first half, meaning that they had just 50 yards in the second half. 

Covington scored and converted for two right after the half, making the score 21-14 PC. PC then went 3 and out, and Covington drove to tie the score at 21 all. PC ran the kickoff back to midfield. On the next play, Jimmyrious Parker went 49 yards to bring the score to 28-21 PC. 

The Chargers then went the length of the field to tie the score at 28 late in the game. PC went 3 and out again and punted. The Chargers drove down and kicked the game-winning field goal with no time left on the clock.

That one 49 yard run by Parker means that PC only had a net gain of one yard on the two 3 and out series they ran in the second half. That's a tremendous effort by Covington. I just wanted to point that out.

2 hours ago, CHARGERFAN said:

I was at the Covington - PC game and I realized that my Chargers had made a great second-half comeback. Until I read the game article on The Covington Leader website, however, I did not realize how the Chargers had dominated in that second half.

Pearl-Cohn had only 9 plays from scrimmage in the second half, and two of those plays were punts. PC had total offense of 319 yards in the game, and 269 of those were in the first half, meaning that they had just 50 yards in the second half. 

Covington scored and converted for two right after the half, making the score 21-14 PC. PC then went 3 and out, and Covington drove to tie the score at 21 all. PC ran the kickoff back to midfield. On the next play, Jimmyrious Parker went 49 yards to bring the score to 28-21 PC. 

The Chargers then went the length of the field to tie the score at 28 late in the game. PC went 3 and out again and punted. The Chargers drove down and kicked the game-winning field goal with no time left on the clock.

That one 49 yard run by Parker means that PC only had a net gain of one yard on the two 3 and out series they ran in the second half. That's a tremendous effort by Covington. I just wanted to point that out.

Yea Covington control the clock, good second half by y'all. Hats off y'all didn't quit we broke down mentally on defense in the second half. Good luck next week.