Class 1a state championship game Greenback against Cornersville

orngnblk

UNDERDOG+HANDS+OVER+HEAD+DVD+INSERT.jpgGreenback has got something going on over there! 3 consecutive years in the finals.. I stand and salute you Cherokees. Respect indeed! And after last years loss to Dresden, getting beat by the biggest margin of loss in the history of TN playoff  football in any class, I feel sorry for the Bulldogs. The Cherokees are not just good and excellent at what they do, but I would think they are probably playing with a chip on shoulder, and are mad, angry, and bitter over the huge mercy-ruling spanking Dresden put on them, something the gurus & experts & prognosticators said was impossible and could never happen, especially not by Dresden, & anyone who says so is a laughable fool and clinically insane!  Yet.. it happened like all us insane idiots predicted and actually it could have been even a higher score by Dresden, 2 or 3 more TD's higher. (I bet the hornet nest is stirred up now, the Cherokee war drums and dancing has begun, and the blood is boiling to go out there and donkey-stomp whoever shows up Thursday!.. If so, mission accomplished) . Yes, from all indicators, stats, history, and emotions involved this should be a lopsided win for Greenback. But so it was predicted for Dresden last year as well. And in all levels of football games this year, in pros, college. & high school, this is indeed the year for the impossible win to happen, for the shoo-in obvious winner to be beaten by the unlikely, unknown, lowly Cinderella teams. Fantastic upsets are happening weekly. And maybe the Cornersville Bulldogs will be part of this group of impossible-to-do-it winners as well. Never overestimate one's own self nor underestimate one's opponent. Any team can beat any other team in any game. I will say Greenback will likely win this game in their third consecutive trip to finals (a great, rare, & worthy accomplishment indeed!)... but honestly I gotta say how sweet it would be if Cinderella-Cornersville wins instead. One more impossible, unlikely, & aint ever gonna happen event does indeed take place. And in a convincing manner too. Which is another chance for the "true experts" to learn some things & lessons about such cinderella, unlikely teams who keep winning. But sadly, such guru experts are usually too smart to stoop down & learn anything from the likes of such moronic fans who predict that the obvious underdogs shall win! It's like a Chihuahua is put in a fighting arena with a pit-bull killing-machine, and little Juan's doggie leaves as the winner over Big Bad John's experienced assassin dog. Can't happen, can it?... Yet in sports games where the two teams can be likened to such crazy examples, the impossible happens. And often at that  ..  So I am pulling for it to happen again, the underdog Dawgz win, Cornersville's Cinderella is crowned Champions! 

Edited by HevyReturns
  • Upvote 1

58 minutes ago, TheAmbassador said:

I don't feel left out. I'm just trying to understand why all the hate and hostility toward SP from Cornersville. It's pretty perplexing to me. Not sure why you boys feel that way, but to each their own I guess. 

It ain't hate toward South Pitt it is all being directed to you.  YOU are the issue not South Pitt.

Just now, cherokee23 said:

Just watched film on Cornersville vs Lake County and vs Huntingdon. All I can say is..... WOW. This won’t even be a ball game. Just stating facts, it will be awful. 

Do you know how many times Cville has heard the same thing?  It won't be a game, it'll be a running clock by halftime, etc... 2 weeks ago Huntingdon was suppose to win it all and after little ole nobody Cville won all of these so called experts started saying Huntingdon probably wasn't as good as we thought.  So all you experts keep predicting the running cloclk.

6 minutes ago, cherokee23 said:

Just watched film on Cornersville vs Lake County and vs Huntingdon. All I can say is..... WOW. This won’t even be a ball game. Just stating facts, it will be awful. 

Stating facts? You're stating your personal opinion. 

And you know what they say about opinions...

23 minutes ago, MikeHoncho said:

Do you know how many times Cville has heard the same thing?  It won't be a game, it'll be a running clock by halftime, etc... 2 weeks ago Huntingdon was suppose to win it all and after little ole nobody Cville won all of these so called experts started saying Huntingdon probably wasn't as good as we thought.  So all you experts keep predicting the running cloclk.

Well “Cville” better learn to run something other than QB lead. Or it WILL be a running clock. You’ll be overwhelmed by the athletes GB has. Watched Huntingdon and they mainly ran the same style offense Cornersville does. They had a few athletes but nothing like the style GB has. And that’s not just an opinion I have. Ask mostly anybody. 

Ok Greenback fans. I was at the LC vs Cornersville game tonight and here are some thoughts on Cornersville from a neutral party. At first glance the team as a whole doesn't pass the eye test. Honestly I have seen middle school teams bigger than Cornersville. But they are very disciplined. The are always in the right position to make a play in defense and they tackle very well. They are not afraid to lay a serious lick  even though they were greatly outsized. Not any one athlete that sticks out speed wise but team as a whole is very quick. They are a bunch of hard nosed well coached kids. And they will come to fight. They remind me of the Wayne Co championship team from a few years ago without the size.  They will come to fight and not be intimidated. Team as a whole and all the Cornersville fans I met (and posters) were good very respectful way people. JMO. 

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, cherokee23 said:

Well “Cville” better learn to run something other than QB lead. Or it WILL be a running clock. You’ll be overwhelmed by the athletes GB has. Watched Huntingdon and they mainly ran the same style offense Cornersville does. They had a few athletes but nothing like the style GB has. And that’s not just an opinion I have. Ask mostly anybody. 

I guess anybody would be the other GB fans?  

2 minutes ago, cherokee23 said:

No. Ask anybody. SP, Coalfield, or GB fans if you really want to or any other team we played and they will tell you the same thing. IMO you have no chance of winning if you run QB lead the entire game. 

Well I hate to do this but I agree with you on QB lead over and over and over again thing.

5 hours ago, TheAmbassador said:

Greenback big. Mark it down. They have the best collection of athletes I've seen in 1A for a public school in awhile. They are very fast and talented. The line play isn't near as good as 2016, but it doesn't have to be with that type of athletes. They have a great passing game as well. 

If we are going by your predictions Cornersville would be watching the Bluecross Bowl from the stands. Huntingdon was supposed to beat us easily, Lake County was supposed to take us down and now Greenback by 50? You're really good at this huh?

• Like 1