Class 1a state championship game Greenback against Cornersville

orngnblk

2 hours ago, cherokee23 said:

Well “Cville” better learn to run something other than QB lead. Or it WILL be a running clock. You’ll be overwhelmed by the athletes GB has. Watched Huntingdon and they mainly ran the same style offense Cornersville does. They had a few athletes but nothing like the style GB has. And that’s not just an opinion I have. Ask mostly anybody. 

whatttt? Huntingdon ran the same style offense Cornersville does? They passed 23 times. CV passed 2. Go study some more and get back to us.

I just hope we heal up this short week and come to play and leave it all on the field.Last night was what high school ball is all about.Im not too excited about talking ball this week,sounds more like gentitalia measuring more than football talk.

Always look forward to good conversations about good football like last week.SP and GB act like they have been there before just like they should.Already can tell these mouthy young people will ruin this thread.

Beerman i respect your team greatly and am dissapointed that you hate ours so much.Our visitors stands are small no doubt but it is still one of the GREAT small school football watching venues in the state!Losing makes us all bitter.

Good luck to our TEAM this week.

5 hours ago, mikeinglsbee said:

If we are going by your predictions Cornersville would be watching the Bluecross Bowl from the stands. Huntingdon was supposed to beat us easily, Lake County was supposed to take us down and now Greenback by 50? You're really good at this huh?

I didn't pick Lake County to beat you. Yes, I picked Huntingdon to beat you and missed it. I'm picking Greenback this week. You will see exactly what I'm talking about in 6 days. Your kids have had a Cinderella season. They deserve to be happy. Enjoy your experience, pick up the silver ball, and be thankful for it. That is all.

34 minutes ago, powerp said:

This has to be the luckiest Cinderella story ever. No way a team can improve 50 points from one year to the next to reach a state title. I see a beating on the horizon.

Be careful what you say. You will be in trouble in here. Greenback has serious talent at RB, QB and WR's. They are a very talented team for sure. They will have to commit 3-4 turnovers to give Cornersville a chance.

12 hours ago, Vandychris said:

There is just something magical going on with this Cornersville team. Lost their starting qb and still managed to pull off a win over a very good Lake Co team. Nobody can say they havent been tested in beating Huntingtondon and Lake Co consecutively.

I'll take luck over magic any day and greenback has had it for sure. The one player a team can't lose both Sp and Coalfield gets hurt right off. Now cornersville qb might be out. I know Greenback is a great team and easily could still be getting ready to bring home a gold ball even if Parker or #22 didn't get hurt. Cornersvilles fairytale ends next week.  

2 minutes ago, Striker27 said:

I'll take luck over magic any day and greenback has had it for sure. The one player a team can't lose both Sp and Coalfield gets hurt right off. Now cornersville qb might be out. I know Greenback is a great team and easily could still be getting ready to bring home a gold ball even if Parker or #22 didn't get hurt. Cornersvilles fairytale ends next week.  

SP and Coalfield would have been a 100 point game!Neither could have stopped the other but Pitts physical play would win in the end!