Class 1a state championship game Greenback against Cornersville

orngnblk

25 minutes ago, wildcat89 said:

I tried to keep up with this thread this week but pop-ups made me give up. Just want to wish both teams good luck tomorrow, I think it'll be a low scoring game and after thinking about it for a week I'm predicting GB 27 Cville 20, no offense to my friends in Cville as I'd love to see them get the win but after the QB injury my gut tells me GB will get the stops needed to pull it out

I have no problem with this prediction. Go Dawgs!

30 minutes ago, WiseOldManGiles said:

It's been great watching this Cornersville bunch. Hats off to coach Randolph and his staff. The support the parents & the community give the school is awesome! Cornersville has it going on. The Ship is your reward Bulldogs. As The Hoody would say. "Do your job"! Just one more time!

Good to see you back on here WOMG! Lots of folks have been asking about ya.

Well I tried to go back read some of this but seen a lot of show girls and Cinderella. Who the Cinderella team? I'm thinking it cornersville. Greenback been very lucky with #21 #22 getting hurt but don't mean they couldn't still be playing tomorrow. I know nothing of cornersville except their qb hurt which should be a given how the playoffs have went for greenback. Any Huntington fans on here to give honest opinion how good they are and if losing qb going to cost them the game.

On 11/28/2017 at 3:20 PM, mikeinglsbee said:

The Cornersville team that just beat you guys have been playing together since they were in peewee. Sorry.

Nothing to be sorry about. It was just a question.  I just mentioned them because of last week's win. That's great they have been playing together that long. This is a special year for Cornersville.  We will see if they can continue their suscess in the future. More than likely Cornersville will travel in the quarterfinals and semi's next year. Their path will be tougher next year. Tough to win on the road deep in the playoffs. Good luck to Cornersville in Cookeville. 

My final thoughts: I think Greenback’s offense will prove to be too much for the Cornersville defense. Although Cornersville has proven their defensively sound throughout the year, I think Greenback offers an offense that Cornersville will have a tough time defending. 

I understand and that Cornersville has been running the ball down opposing team’s throats this year, but I don’t see that working this week against Greenback. As long as we key in on the run like we did last week against South Pitt, I see Greenback winning this game. 

I’m predicting a 35-14 win for Greenback. No disrespect intended whatsoever. I have watched this Greenback team all year, and I just don’t see anyone stopping them. Good luck to both teams!