Class 1a state championship game Greenback against Cornersville

orngnblk

24 minutes ago, Big Bigby said:

I must say, after quietly reading these pages from day to day, that it really takes the cake on how some posters on the T gives "No Respect" (calling for 21 pts +) to a team that has worked hard, came out of no where, and handed it - decisively - on Defense to THE BEST high powered Offenses the West had to give to them....

AND that they (GB) themselves have been beaten, 1 year BADLY (NCS), in each Championship they made a run too......

A little Humble Pie and Respect would have went a long way in making this thread for another Greenback run to the top a little more enjoyable to read and A Lot more Respect given to them........ But,.......  Nah.

Ate the pie and gave the respect last two years!Cherokees eat dog meat time to feast!Its COMING!

6 minutes ago, TheBigDawg said:

1987 is too long ago to make a connection to the present.

Why not? Id say a championship in 87 is pretty darn impressive considering they were only three classes compared to six classes now.  Id say that 87 group would have cleaned house against the teams that have played the last 4 or 5 years.

6 minutes ago, rtl112 said:

Why not? Id say a championship in 87 is pretty darn impressive considering they were only three classes compared to six classes now.  Id say that 87 group would have cleaned house against the teams that have played the last 4 or 5 years.

Dynasties are usually regarded as experiencing consistent success at winning championships over a specific period of time.  The 30 years between 1987 and the present definitely disconnects that team from any dynasty that might emerge at Greenback today.  Also, dynasties win championships rather than simply appear in them.

If they can put multiple gold balls in the trophy case within the next few years, then they can think about calling themselves a dynasty.  I am in no way trying to be rude or show a lack of respect.  I just find it laughable that this team that has no gold balls in 30 years thinks it is so much better than everyone else.

Edited by TheBigDawg
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, TheBigDawg said:

Dynasties are usually regarded as experiencing consistent success at winning championships over a specific period of time.  The 30 years between 1987 and the present definitely disconnects that team from any dynasty that might emerge at Greenback today.  Also, dynasties win championships rather than simply appear in them.

If they can put multiple gold balls in the trophy case within the next few years, then they can think about calling themselves a dynasty.  I am in no way trying to be rude or show a lack of respect.  I just find it laughable that this team that has no gold balls in 30 years thinks it is so much better than everyone else.

Do you not read my comments. I said they are on their way to starting a dynasty.  

Edited by rtl112

49 minutes ago, rtl112 said:

Do you not read my comments. I said they are on their way to starting a dynasty.  

Type "dynasty" into google search and you get a picture of Larry Hagman...try "football dynasty" and you get the 49'ers, Steelers, Packers, Browns, Cowboys, and Dolphins for periods during which they dominated...and won championships. No mention at all of the Bills, who owned the AFC for 5 or 6 years and made four consecutive appearances in the championship game...without winning. I doubt that even winning one during that time would include them with the dynasties listed above, but that's speculation. You might want to look in the rearview for South Pittsburg approaching before you christen anyone too soon...I think that they will have a say in the matter before long.

Before any of the real Greenback fans get jerked out of shape at my comments, I'm not intending to show disrespect...y'all have a great team and a good shot at the prize this year, but "little 'ol Cornersville" will not concede just because they are in unfamiliar surroundings, and won't play like they are just happy to be there...they've had the opportunity to be that, but that hasn't been good enough yet... I think a silver ball for them would be a disappointment.

This game isn't even going to be close. Greenback won the state championship in the 3rd round when they took out Coalfield. Much like South Pittsburg, Cornersville's offense is just way too one-dimensional. Cornersville averages less then 40 passing yards/game compared to Greenback's 130/game. All we have to do is shut down the run game and we have this game won. South Pitt also had a very one-dimensional offense, and we dominated that game from start to finish despite having 4 crucial turnovers. 

I'm predicting a 42-14 win for Greenback. (If it's even that close)

Edited by GreenbackStateChamps2017

5 minutes ago, tradertwo said:

Type "dynasty" into google search and you get a picture of Larry Hagman...try "football dynasty" and you get the 49'ers, Steelers, Packers, Browns, Cowboys, and Dolphins for periods during which they dominated...and won championships. No mention at all of the Bills, who owned the AFC for 5 or 6 years and made four consecutive appearances in the championship game...without winning. I doubt that even winning one during that time would include them with the dynasties listed above, but that's speculation. You might want to look in the rearview for South Pittsburg approaching before you christen anyone too soon...I think that they will have a say in the matter before long.

Before any of the real Greenback fans get jerked out of shape at my comments, I'm not intending to show disrespect...y'all have a great team and a good shot at the prize this year, but "little 'ol Cornersville" will not concede just because they are in unfamiliar surroundings, and won't play like they are just happy to be there...they've had the opportunity to be that, but that hasn't been good enough yet... I think a silver ball for them would be a disappointment.

I hope they get disappointed lol!!

2 minutes ago, uknoit2 said:

GB 52-10

If 2nd's go in too early, GB 52-16

This is honestly probably a more accurate score than my 42-14 prediction. I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt. I really doubt they will be able to put a strong drive together, but I wouldn't be surprised to see a couple of busted plays go for a TD.