Class 1a state championship game Greenback against Cornersville

orngnblk

3 minutes ago, TheAmbassador said:

I'm sorry you feel like I act like a Richard. That is not my intention.  My reference to being on here forever has nothing to do with anything other than people that have been here for awhile know that I am just making a prediction. It's not a personal attack on anyone or any team. I make no excuses when my team loses and I always come back and eat my crow when I miss a pick. I picked against Marshall County a few years ago when they had to go play Catholic. I remember mentioning how good Catholic was and how they would score a lot. It hurt a lot of feelings.  I'm just calling it like I think it will be. In reference to me ranking 1-2A polls this season and saying it's the only one that matters? Yes, I said that and it was more in a joking matter than anything. I usually have a good handle on 1A. I was pretty close this year, except for the Cornersville upset. I missed it, I owned it. End of story. 

I know you were joking about the poll. But others who haven't been around and don't know you won't get that. Hopefully you can see that and understand why some people are taking shots at you 

1 hour ago, Chad02 said:

Do u have dementia you give your opinion you have not been to a game so how do you know what they are facing I get upset listening to your diarrhea of the month the last 4weeks and yes I'm going to stand up for my son and his team no doubt but we like proving people wrong this team has been doing it for 13 years 

No, I don't have dimentia. Yes, I think the Cornersville story is one for the ages. The upset over Huntingdon was an epic night for sure. You should be very proud of what they have accomplished. When I said I was giving them an idea of what they were up against... that was in reference to what brand of football they would see. I was trying to relay they would see a team that was similar to SP in what they like to do with WingT things and not a spread or whatever. If you get that upset with me you might not should stick around awhile. I'm very cordial compared to some on here. They can be downright cruel and mean. I wish your team luck in this game. As for as making predictions.  I'm sure you are predicting your son's team to win and that's great. You should, but there is really no difference in you picking them to beat a Greenback team that you don't know much about and me picking them not to beat Greenback. It's a dadgum message board where we pick winners and losers. Do I think Greenback will win? Absolutely, I do. If they don't I will come back like I always do, admit I was wrong and eat my crow. 

6 minutes ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

I know you were joking about the poll. But others who haven't been around and don't know you won't get that. Hopefully you can see that and understand why some people are taking shots at you 

I get what you're saying. I could see how they might think that. Honestly that's why I mention that I've been around awhile and I'm basically saying ask others that have been here awhile. They can verify that it's not my intention. Sometimes just reading words makes you feel one way when in actuality if you were talking to the person you could tell by their tone of voice and expressions that it's not meant the way it sounds. Maybe that makes sense. It's not like I didn't rank Cornersville in the poll all year anyway. I think they were in it pretty consistently LMBO. 

Edited by TheAmbassador
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, TheBigDawg said:

I have been viewing this site for years but never saw a reason to reply until today.  I assume most of you here are grown men, which makes the lack of class in this thread all the more disturbing.  Go back and read the lack of respect that has been shown to Cornersville's kids.  Read the nasty swipes that numerous fan bases have made at each other.  It is unbecoming of men.  The kids show more class than many of you in here are showing, because they shake each others hands at the end of the day.  The truth is that both teams are hungry for this win, and they will both be preparing to leave everything on the field.  Both have been forged in the fire of hard fought playoff games, and both will be sifting through the results to fix weaknesses and uncover the weaknesses of their opponent.  All of the garbage being spewed here is meaningless to the kids and coaches, so why not enjoy the week instead of coming in here to be nasty to each other?

Because that wouldn’t be any fun.

• Like 1

Just now, cornerback10 said:

Because that wouldn’t be any fun.

Everything that happens on this board is meaningless.  The fun happens on Thursday.  All of the disrespectful predictions of mercy rules and blowouts, all of the mean-spirited back and forth between fans, and all of the commentary from people who have never stepped foot on a football field means nothing.  These kids and coaches, on both sides, are coming to Cookeville to smash each other in the mouth.  That's the fun part, and to get this far in the playoffs I am confident both sides will enjoy every minute of it.  For all of us observers, the fun happens from the stands, not at a keyboard.

Just now, TheBigDawg said:

Everything that happens on this board is meaningless.  The fun happens on Thursday.  All of the disrespectful predictions of mercy rules and blowouts, all of the mean-spirited back and forth between fans, and all of the commentary from people who have never stepped foot on a football field means nothing.  These kids and coaches, on both sides, are coming to Cookeville to smash each other in the mouth.  That's the fun part, and to get this far in the playoffs I am confident both sides will enjoy every minute of it.  For all of us observers, the fun happens from the stands, not at a keyboard.

All of us find joy in different things. 

3 minutes ago, cornerback10 said:

P.S. CoachT isn’t a serious as many of you make it out to be. You just said it was “meaningless”. Treat it as such. None of this stuff has any bearing on the game. It’s just fun to banter back and forth. If anyone gets offended by a message board post, then they have problems bigger than CoachT.

Edited by cornerback10

1 minute ago, TheBigDawg said:

You're exactly right. Cornersville is more of a smash mouth team though. Greenback can do that to a certain extent, but the problem they pose is their passing game isn't like one you normally see in 1A football. I know both teams will play hard and have won the games to deserve to be to this point. 

P.S. CoachT isn’t a serious as many of you make it out to be. You just said it was “meaningless”. Treat it as such. None of this stuff has any bearing on the game. It’s just fun to banter back and forth. If anyone gets offense from by a message board post, then they have problem bigger than CoachT.

Another good post!

I find joy in seeing our kids have such a great season, the community coming together, and the support from other parts of the county.  It's a fun time to be a Bulldog.  Win or lose, I know these kids will give 100% and will not go down easily.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, TheAmbassador said:

I'm sorry you feel like I act like a Richard. That is not my intention.  My reference to being on here forever has nothing to do with anything other than people that have been here for awhile know that I am just making a prediction. It's not a personal attack on anyone or any team. I make no excuses when my team loses and I always come back and eat my crow when I miss a pick. I picked against Marshall County a few years ago when they had to go play Catholic. I remember mentioning how good Catholic was and how they would score a lot. It hurt a lot of feelings.  I'm just calling it like I think it will be. In reference to me ranking 1-2A polls this season and saying it's the only one that matters? Yes, I said that and it was more in a joking matter than anything. I usually have a good handle on 1A. I was pretty close this year, except for the Cornersville upset. I missed it, I owned it. End of story. 

The way you come off is the reason people reply to you the way they do. If someone disagrees with your prediction you feel the need to try and belittle them like your word is gospel and they need not have the audacity to go against what you say. That's the kind of stuff that gets under people's skin. You are usually right about your prediction and when you are wrong you get on here and own it I'll give you credit there. All I'm saying is don't  act like your opinion, and it is just an opinion, is the only one that matters on these boards. Heck, nobody's opinion matters on these boards. We don't play the game. Let people support their team how they see fit. If they believe their team can win so be it.  If they lose, let them eat their crow like a big boy. I have had my fair share believe me. I'll get off my soapbox now.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, leadfarmer said:

The way you come off is the reason people reply to you the way they do. If someone disagrees with your prediction you feel the need to try and belittle them like your word is gospel and they need not have the audacity to go against what you say. That's the kind of stuff that gets under people's skin. You are usually right about your prediction and when you are wrong you get on here and own it I'll give you credit there. All I'm saying is don't  act like your opinion, and it is just an opinion, is the only one that matters on these boards. Heck, nobody's opinion matters on these boards. We don't play the game. Let people support their team how they see fit. If they believe their team can win so be it.  If they lose, let them eat their crow like a big boy. I have had my fair share believe me. I'll get off my soapbox now.

Again it's not meant to sound that way. Like I said in another post. Sometimes just reading words is harder to understand how to take than if you were having a face to face conversation. There are a lot of times I take something the wrong way on here and question it. Someone comes back and says that's not the way it was intended. Then everyone is happy again. However, you know we all like to be right. LMBO.  One last thing... man if people think I'm bad. They would have never survived some of these guys that have been here in the past. TrainTracks, Zonepirate, SlimShady, and others were ruthless. It almost hurt my feelings reading their comments. LMBO

Edited by TheAmbassador