Class 1a state championship game Greenback against Cornersville

orngnblk

Just now, Roy Dillard said:

Let me ask you a question skillet slinger.  Is that Ryan man going to try that illegal play? That Childress man better be telling these umpires to watch for this Ryan man running a boy on the field at the last second and throwing it to him.  You think im joking but im not. 

It worked against you all so it SHOULD work again.Wouldnt you think coach?

• Like 1

Cornersville is not impressive on film or just looking at their athleticism but they play disciplined hard nosed football.  Don't make the mistake of watching film. Film will give you a false sense sometimes. Football is about matchups. I think Greenback is the favorite in the game but don't sell the bulldogs short. They are not flashing. Just hard nosed disciplined football team. This game could be alot closer than most of the so called experts think. Good luck to both teams.  Truly hate the Cornersville quaterback got hurt last night.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Roy Dillard said:

Let me ask you a question skillet slinger.  Is that Ryan man going to try that illegal play? That Childress man better be telling these umpires to watch for this Ryan man running a boy on the field at the last second and throwing it to him.  You think im joking but im not. 

It was NOT an illegal play. It is illegal to break the huddle with 12 but we broke with 10 so you can run the 11th player on the field as long as he goes inside the numbers. And he did. So the play was legal and wasn’t an intended trick play. 

2 minutes ago, cherokee23 said:

It was NOT an illegal play. It is illegal to break the huddle with 12 but we broke with 10 so you can run the 11th player on the field as long as he goes inside the numbers. And he did. So the play was legal and wasn’t an intended trick play. 

I think it should be a rule that is addressed, I've seen happen several times before in which the offense benefits from it.  

I’m not gonna read all these posts cause there is already too many but good luck to Cornersville. I really hope y’all win and bring a championship to our area. Unfortunately we couldn’t reach the big dance this year like we were hoping. 

I really do hope Cornersville wins this, but I see Greenback winning by 3 touchdowns. The pendulum has swung to the east finally this year. 

Just now, BulldawgsRise said:

I’m not gonna read all these posts cause there is already too many but good luck to Cornersville. I really hope y’all win and bring a championship to our area. Unfortunately we couldn’t reach the big dance this year like we were hoping. 

I really do hope Cornersville wins this, but I see Greenback winning by 3 touchdowns. The pendulum has swung to the east finally this year. 

I dont know if i thank you or not??LOL!

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, cherokee23 said:

Are you joking? What kind of mess is this? So you are telling me that when that Ryan man realized the player that was supposed to be the pass catcher wasnt on the field he just put another pass catcher on the field and as he was coming on the field the passer tells the snapper to hike it and immediately throws over to the pass catcher that wasnt even supposed to be in the game? Get out of here with your mess.  You think im joking but im not. 

Edited by Roy Dillard

22 minutes ago, Roy Dillard said:

Are you joking? What kind of mess is this? So you are telling me that when that Ryan man realized the player that was supposed to be the pass catcher wasnt on the field he just put another pass catcher on the field and as he was coming on the field the passer tells the snapper to hike it and immediately throws over to the pass catcher that wasnt even supposed to be in the game? Get out of here with your mess.  You think im joking but im not. 

He was already supposed to be on the field but once he did run on nobody was guarding him. So common sense says to snap the ball and throw it to him if he is wide open. Either way, legal play and unintended trick play that worked out in our favor. 

48 minutes ago, orngnblk said:

We have NEVER done that before it was not intended at all.

I'm not saying Greenback intended to. I'm just saying that I've seen it happen a few times in the past and it usually benefits the offense. If the defense is set it's usually hard for the DB to get over to defend that player. This being said it did not have any bearing on the outcome.