Class 1a state championship game Greenback against Cornersville

orngnblk

1 hour ago, TheBigDawg said:

I have been viewing this site for years but never saw a reason to reply until today.  I assume most of you here are grown men, which makes the lack of class in this thread all the more disturbing.  Go back and read the lack of respect that has been shown to Cornersville's kids.  Read the nasty swipes that numerous fan bases have made at each other.  It is unbecoming of men.  The kids show more class than many of you in here are showing, because they shake each others hands at the end of the day.  The truth is that both teams are hungry for this win, and they will both be preparing to leave everything on the field.  Both have been forged in the fire of hard fought playoff games, and both will be sifting through the results to fix weaknesses and uncover the weaknesses of their opponent.  All of the garbage being spewed here is meaningless to the kids and coaches, so why not enjoy the week instead of coming in here to be nasty to each other?

Agree and disagree. CoachT trash talk has been going on for years. I've known some on here for a long time. Pay no attention to the trolls. You will have some on here give good talk about game. Some give nothing but trash talk. Nothing to do with being serious. heck im 52 and laugh at some of it. And I've been on here for years taking up for my team. I've stood by them for many years when we didn't win a game. Kids play the game on field and fans play theirs on message board. This year we have more players. I'm about ready to retire anyway. 

5 minutes ago, TheAmbassador said:

Again it's not meant to sound that way. Like I said in another post. Sometimes just reading words is harder to understand how to take than if you were having a face to face conversation. There are a lot of times I take something the wrong way on here and question it. Someone comes back and says that's not the way it was intended. Then everyone is happy again. However, you know we all like to be right. LMBO.  One last thing... man if people think I'm bad. They would have never survived some of these guys that have been here in the past. TrainTracks, Zonepirate, SlimShady, and others were ruthless. It almost hurt my feelings reading their comments. LMBO

Man I know you mean well and conversations on the Internet have no context. You can't tell what tone someone is taking when reading a typed message. I remember SlimShady and a few more. I like talking football but I won't comment much on teams I have not seen live. Film doesn't do alot of those teams justice. Take Greeneville for instance, they don't look real fast or like they have a very stout defense but watching them in person it's quite the opposite. 

1 minute ago, sum1uno said:

Agree and disagree. CoachT trash talk has been going on for years. I've known some on here for a long time. Pay no attention to the trolls. You will have some on here give good talk about game. Some give nothing but trash talk. Nothing to do with being serious. heck im 52 and laugh at some of it. And I've been on here for years taking up for my team. I've stood by them for many years when we didn't win a game. Kids play the game on field and fans play theirs on message board. This year we have more players. I'm about ready to retire anyway. 

Yes, you have definitely been on here for the long haul and have stuck with them through thick and thin. For some reason I use to think you were a Mt. Pleasant poster. Do you use to follow them back during the years of Coach Smith?

Just now, TheAmbassador said:

Yes, you have definitely been on here for the long haul and have stuck with them through thick and thin. For some reason I use to think you were a Mt. Pleasant poster. Do you use to follow them back during the years of Coach Smith?

No. I do support my pal Bigby over there though. I pull for them a lot unless it's against us. Lol

Just now, leadfarmer said:

Man I know you mean well and conversations on the Internet have no context. You can't tell what tone someone is taking when reading a typed message. I remember SlimShady and a few more. I like talking football but I won't comment much on teams I have not seen live. Film doesn't do alot of those teams justice. Take Greeneville for instance, they don't look real fast or like they have a very stout defense but watching them in person it's quite the opposite. 

You're right.. I have only seen Cornersville live once this season. When they played in Lynchburg I came over to watch them beat up on Moore County. We have an SP alum coaching over there and I told him I would make a game. We were playing a horrible Sale Creek team in Chattanooga that night so I attended. I knew they were improved from 2016 when I saw them the first round, but I admit I never thought at the time I would see them in Cookeville. I'm just basing my predictions off seeing them once in person. 

16 hours ago, orngnblk said:

You all were way too soft up front and LBr to stop Pitts running game.Not to mention terribly conditioned.With a good coaching staff you all would have been deadly!Need to clean up the dirty play too.

Starting this season LB was our weakest position imo. Looking back wasn't conditioning the problem it depth. Many boys played every play, even #54 #59. Them two would be double and #54 sometimes tripled for over 100 plays. Didn't have anyone to give them a brake. Had to say that because I have complained about conditioning. Look at greenback past year's all you see is people taking about how dirty the players were. Silvey kid was worst kid for late hits even greenback fans talked about all the personal fouls greenback got. Anytime there a big pileup refs could throw flags. Not a man on here who played didn't hit, kick, even pinch when you got in on something like that. Camera just caught Coalfield kid. You right about coaches. 

Let me take a guess.  Or make a prediction if you will.   Bass has come into this championship thread,  made it all about himself,  what he predicts, what he has said all year long, what he said last year and  years before that and  how long he's been here and yada yada yada?    How close did I get?   Am I right or am I right. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, sum1uno said:

No. I can't afford to support private school  

That why my kids went public

Man, I been trying to catch up on here and there sure are a lot of newbies on here with hurt feelings lol! No doubt somebody down at the local diner said that there was people on coach t predicting a mercy rule so they had to start them an account and stand up for them boys. For those that have been on here as long as us it's no big deal but it don't take but a minute to figure out the ones that ain't been on here. If your going to post in the t you better have thick skin

16 minutes ago, Southtowner said:

Let me take a guess.  Or make a prediction if you will.   Bass has come into this championship thread,  made it all about himself,  what he predicts, what he has said all year long, what he said last year and  years before that and  how long he's been here and yada yada yada?    How close did I get?   Am I right or am I right. 

See now this guy.......he gets it. Lol