Class 1a state championship game Greenback against Cornersville

orngnblk

7 hours ago, TheAmbassador said:

You will get it for sure. Your team does a good job of running, passing, special teams, and trick plays. They have got us on them the last two years. You have a lot of very good athletes on your team. The athleticism reminds me of some of our teams from the past. Athletes all over the field and very hard to stop. Cornersville will bring a similar style of offense as SP, but not quite as physical. Greenback should get their second gold ball on the 30th anniversary of your first one. 

We're not physical lmao we love your post   

1 hour ago, Roy Dillard said:

Are you joking? What kind of mess is this? So you are telling me that when that Ryan man realized the player that was supposed to be the pass catcher wasnt on the field he just put another pass catcher on the field and as he was coming on the field the passer tells the snapper to hike it and immediately throws over to the pass catcher that wasnt even supposed to be in the game? Get out of here with your mess.  You think im joking but im not. 

Bingo! You got it Roy! Happened just like you said. You see our QB checks the field over presnap (doesn't most). Made eye contact with the receiver and receiver knew what came next. Just like in most cases a captain of the defense at a minimum looks field over to "coach" his team into needed adjustments presnap. This ain't rocket science. If SP had done that they would have seen a single receiver inside the numbers and got over there quicker. Defender had a play to make but just got beat. We use the whole field. Lol

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Chad02 said:

We're not physical lmao we love your post   

I never said you weren't physical youngun. Once again I try and give the Greenback faithful an idea of what they are facing, but Cornersville folks get upset. I guess I need to be politically correct and say... "I don't know who will win, but man this is two great football teams playing in the state title game." 

20 minutes ago, ladykee said:

Bingo! You got it Roy! Happened just like you said. You see our QB checks the field over presnap (doesn't most). Made eye contact with the receiver and receiver knew what came next. Just like in most cases a captain of the defense at a minimum looks field over to "coach" his team into needed adjustments presnap. This ain't rocket science. If SP had done that they would have seen a single receiver inside the numbers and got over there quicker. Defender had a play to make but just got beat. We use the whole field. Lol

Now LadyKee this isn't quite true either. I saw the entire play develop. Greenback broke the huddle with 10 kids. The SP defense was lined up basically on the other hash. When the receiver came into the game late.  Our player saw him and didn't have time get out that far to matchup on your son. That's what happened on the play. I never said it was illegal, but the official is suppose to allow time to align when someone comes in late. That's the only question I had about it. Again, that one play didn't beat us anyway. 

13 minutes ago, TheAmbassador said:

Now LadyKee this isn't quite true either. I saw the entire play develop. Greenback broke the huddle with 10 kids. The SP defense was lined up basically on the other hash. When the receiver came into the game late.  Our player saw him and didn't have time get out that far to matchup on your son. That's what happened on the play. I never said it was illegal, but the official is suppose to allow time to align when someone comes in late. That's the only question I had about it. Again, that one play didn't beat us anyway. 

This is correct.

2 hours ago, Roy Dillard said:

Are you joking? What kind of mess is this? So you are telling me that when that Ryan man realized the player that was supposed to be the pass catcher wasnt on the field he just put another pass catcher on the field and as he was coming on the field the passer tells the snapper to hike it and immediately throws over to the pass catcher that wasnt even supposed to be in the game? Get out of here with your mess.  You think im joking but im not. 

For the love of god....it was a 20 yard gain...not a 90 yard td  that won the game in the final seconds

9 minutes ago, DevilMan03 said:

Don’t know anything about either team at all but I’m going against the east Tn team and picking the Cinderella! Go Win it for your boy! 

Man that would be sweet if Cornersville gets the W. I have known alot of those kids since they were babies. Couldn't be happier for those kids.

26 minutes ago, TheAmbassador said:

I never said you weren't physical youngun. Once again I try and give the Greenback faithful an idea of what they are facing, but Cornersville folks get upset. I guess I need to be politically correct and say... "I don't know who will win, but man this is two great football teams playing in the state title game." 

You don't know anything about the Cornersville team besides the game you saw last year in the playoffs. That's the extent of your knowledge. I think that's why so many Cornersville folks are getting sick of you jumping on every Cornersville thread and saying Huntingdon is going to mercy rule us when you haven't seen Huntingdon or Cornersville play or that 'Lake County's speed is going to give Cornersville trouble' when it didn't give them any trouble and now Greenback is going to beat Cornersville by 1000 points because Greenback beat your team and your team beat us LAST year in the playoffs. And listen, just because you pick the best 4-5 teams in 1A for the past 5 years doesn't make you a prep guru. EVERYONE is picking those teams. Jeez dude, get over yourself. I'm over hearing about how long you have been posting on coacht. Whoop-dy whoo, I worked for coacht before when this site was just getting off the ground, waaayyyyy back in 2001, that's why I get a FREE Plus membership. Didn't see you around back then. Now, does that make me more knowledgeable than you or anyone else? No. Jeeezzzz.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1