Class 1a state championship game Greenback against Cornersville

orngnblk

On 11/26/2017 at 2:54 PM, GHSblackhelmet said:

Dang! Is this thread about Bass or Greenback and Cornersville? I know Bass can ruffle feathers he has mine, it started when he picked Columbia Academy to mercy rule us a couple of years ago he likes to talk and predict but he is not always right none of us are. Enough of that on to the game. I have watched film on Cville for 2 days and just dont see any way they can stay in a 4 qtr game with us. They are outmatched everywhere. Its kind of like 2 years ago when we played NCS they were by far better than we were all over the field just more athletes, faster, bigger, stronger. Im not saying this Greenback team is NCS from 2 years ago by any means, but the difference between us and Cornersville is about the same as it was between Greenback and NCS. If Greenback has multiple turnovers, horrible breakdowns on special teams, maybe the whole team getting sick, 200yds in penalties  we only win by 7. Its just my completely humble and unbiased opinion!! LOL

So said the Huntingdon fans and Lake County fans before each game. Cornersville is too small. Cornersville doesn't have any athletes, they can't match up....blah blah blah.

On 11/26/2017 at 9:57 PM, lakecounty1968 said:

I have a open question for anyone to answer. This has nothing to do with the game Thursday.  How many transfers does Greenback, SoPitt, Coalfield,  Cornersville and such get? I'm talking about kids who live in other school districts and attend another school. In Lake County we have not received one kid from another school. We play with what is ours. I'm asking how many kids have attended there respected schools say since middle school. I'm not saying a thing is wrong with it. Just wondering. 

The Cornersville team that just beat you guys have been playing together since they were in peewee. Sorry.

I'm just hoping it's a great ball game but more importantly an injury free one.  That surface at TTU is very unforgiving.   Some folks usually pull for the team that put them out.  While others will pull against them. Gotta love what Conersville has put together this year.  Nothing short of historic.  If it's alright with yall I'll pull for both teams. 

• Upvote 1

Bulldog folks help me out. i  recall thatCornersville  had a really good team in 1970 that Coach May coached and that is the best team that I  remember Cornersville having anybody else recall that bunch. Reason why they beat us 28-0 that year and that is the worst  beating we had that year. I believe that was the first year that Petersburg was closed and some or all of those kids went over to Cornersville. hope you guys come out with the state championship what a great story. Coach May  could coach he had some good teams at Onedia later on that i recall.

8 minutes ago, madmolly said:

Bulldog folks help me out. i  recall thatCornersville  had a really good team in 1970 that Coach May coached and that is the best team that I  remember Cornersville having anybody else recall that bunch. Reason why they beat us 28-0 that year and that is the worst  beating we had that year. I believe that was the first year that Petersburg was closed and some or all of those kids went over to Cornersville. hope you guys come out with the state championship what a great story. Coach May  could coach he had some good teams at Onedia later on that i recall.

Coach Jim May. He was a good one for sure. He passed doing what he loved while on the sideline at Oneida many years ago. 

32 minutes ago, Southtowner said:

I'm just hoping it's a great ball game but more importantly an injury free one.  That surface at TTU is very unforgiving.   Some folks usually pull for the team that put them out.  While others will pull against them. Gotta love what Conersville has put together this year.  Nothing short of historic.  If it's alright with yall I'll pull for both teams. 

Thanks ST. I agree with the injury free part. Would not want to see anyone go down with a serious injury on the concrete lake. And we do love what we've accomplished this year. A dark horse for sure. I figured the Huntingdon win would have put us on map but I guess everyone sees it as luck but the way our D has been playing I feel good. Eli being hurt does put a damper on our O but them boys will give you all they got. That's all you can ask. Go Dawgs!!

7 minutes ago, TheBigDawg said:

I was talking with someone earlier who said this is the first title game for any team from Marshall County.  I was thinking MCHS had appeared in a game and lost many moons ago.  Do any of you know for sure?

MCHS won the 2a title in i believe 1984.That was back when there was just 3 classifications.

22 minutes ago, MikeHoncho said:

MCHS won the 2a title in i believe 1984.That was back when there was just 3 classifications.

You're correct.  I just called a friend and he said to look up Bob Edens.  Coach Edens is legendary in Lewisburg as a coach and in Cornersville as a principal.  I never realized he won it all.  I was a kid at the time and too young to remember what was going on in football.

http://tssaasports.com/halloffame/inductee.cfm?id=286

Cornersville will bring the county another gold ball in less than 48 hours!

Edited by TheBigDawg

4 hours ago, sum1uno said:

Go Dawgs!!!  Saw where rain chance standing at 40% for kickoff. Guess that means 60% chance it won't be raining. Cherokees wouldn't do the rain dance so I found and old Choctaw chief to perform for $20. 

I'm sure you could find a couple of fine upstanding young ladies down the road from Cornersville off I-65 at the "Bungalow" that will do a rain dance for you for $20!!!