#1 Greeneville vs Springfield 4a Championship!!!

DevilMan03

6 hours ago, DeeJay32 said:

Who is the best passing team that Springfield has played this year?

That is the $1,000 question. The Jackets really haven’t faced a good passing team all year. Beech could have been but with their great running back they didn’t need to rely on a lot of passes. I believe they’d could if they wanted to, and with three offensive starters out for us in that game we almost treated it like a scrimmage once Beech jumped out to a big lead.  No one else we faced this year had a very potent passing attack  

How well Springfield can defend the Devils’ passing attack is THE key to victory or defeat. We can win if we contain the passing game, or it could be a running clock if we don’t. I have faith I need our coaches to put the players in positions that give us the best chance to win.  This staff has been outstanding in game planning and making in game adjustments all year. This is their biggest challenge of the year, but it’s for a state championship so it should be. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Poundtherock23 said:

What's the Greeneville faithful think there keys to the game are? Not just we will mercy rule Springfield and we beat this team by x amount of points. Real football facts.

Do what we do best. Run the ball and pass the ball. Only way Greeneville loses is if they kill themselves. Passing game is unreal and the running game is as well. Go look up bigvol daddy on YouTube. He has almost every game of ours on film.

Poundtherock, even with the QB and WRs that Greeneville, the running game is what makes everything else go.  Marshall County knew that and loaded the box and Greeneville just kept throwing bubbles and hitches because Marshall County refused to adjust.  Greeneville will try to establish the run early and gage whether they can control the line of scrimmage.  If the run game gets going, that is when Greeneville gets very dangerous and tough to defend.  As good as Greeneville's passing game is, they really want to run the ball.

Defensively, Greeneville can't give up the big play.  Springfield will be hard pressed to sustain long drives and move the ball consistently on Greeneville.  For Springfield to have a chance, i think they have to hit some deep shots and get a cheap score or two.  

Springfield has gotten hot at the right time, and teams like that are scary.  But they also have been relying on turnovers and the other team making mistakes and bonehead plays/coaching decisions.  Crazy things can happen in big games, but Greeneville's MO is playing smart, disciplined football and protecting the ball.  Their failure to do so almost cost them the Anderson County game, so hopefully theyve learned their lesson.

43 minutes ago, DeeJay32 said:

Poundtherock, even with the QB and WRs that Greeneville, the running game is what makes everything else go.  Marshall County knew that and loaded the box and Greeneville just kept throwing bubbles and hitches because Marshall County refused to adjust.  Greeneville will try to establish the run early and gage whether they can control the line of scrimmage.  If the run game gets going, that is when Greeneville gets very dangerous and tough to defend.  As good as Greeneville's passing game is, they really want to run the ball.

Defensively, Greeneville can't give up the big play.  Springfield will be hard pressed to sustain long drives and move the ball consistently on Greeneville.  For Springfield to have a chance, i think they have to hit some deep shots and get a cheap score or two.  

Springfield has gotten hot at the right time, and teams like that are scary.  But they also have been relying on turnovers and the other team making mistakes and bonehead plays/coaching decisions.  Crazy things can happen in big games, but Greeneville's MO is playing smart, disciplined football and protecting the ball.  Their failure to do so almost cost them the Anderson County game, so hopefully theyve learned their lesson.

Springfield has been great at defensive adjustments. Most turnovers have been forced.  Sometimes it seems like we have 15 guys on defense. These guys actually swarm opponents like a nest of Yellow Jackets. They will be eager for a new challenge.

Go Yellow Jackets!!!!!!!

1 hour ago, Poundtherock23 said:

What's the Greeneville faithful think there keys to the game are? Not just we will mercy rule Springfield and we beat this team by x amount of points. Real football facts.

Greeneville has solid line play on both sides and that is always a great starting point for keys to a victory.Very solid defensive backs and monster running backs.Some awesome wideouts and a guy at QB that is everything you have read about.All that and one of the best coaching staffs in the state make for a very good team when they show up and take care of business.They made a lot of mistakes against AC and if not for a huge team effort and one superman defensive back,it could have all ended.Because of that,this Greeneville team should be very focused this week and not listen to any crap about how great they are that takes away any of that focus.If the Devils or Springfield make a lot of mistakes and turnovers ,it's either teams game.

7 hours ago, Poundtherock23 said:

https://www.greenevillesun.com/greeneville/born-for-this-moment-a-fixture-within-the-greeneville-football/article_0d1f4fb1-439c-5a0f-9b7d-4a7d4702e54b.html 

12 hours ago, BatmanDevil said:

Show me a fanbase that doesn't have one or two cocky posters and I'll say you found something special.That would be something I've never seen.

I dont mean nothing by it its all in fun. But you guys may have one of  the cockiest ever, but with that being said if you can back it up then keep it up. I respect everything your program is about. You may very well do what your fans are saying and mercy rule us...but everyone else gave us no chance last week and we hit them in the mouth. I learned a long time ago in sports nothing is a for sure thing thats why we play the game. Good luck and safe travels see ya friday

31 minutes ago, bigdawgtn said:

I dont mean nothing by it its all in fun. But you guys may have one of  the cockiest ever, but with that being said if you can back it up then keep it up. I respect everything your program is about. You may very well do what your fans are saying and mercy rule us...but everyone else gave us no chance last week and we hit them in the mouth. I learned a long time ago in sports nothing is a for sure thing thats why we play the game. Good luck and safe travels see ya friday

Greeneville isn’t a weak west or middle Tn 4a team! They are the beast from the east! Greeneville wins 49-14