#1 Greeneville vs Springfield 4a Championship!!!

DevilMan03

1 hour ago, Kevin38 said:

Just my opinion, but I believe Greenville could beat, Beech and KC, the KC would be a good game though,  and although I think KC has better athletes to an extent, Greeneville is just so much more efficient offensively,  I thought Ballard's 82% was misleading due to pop passese, screens, ect ect, but that's wrong, his ball placement was on point regardless of range/distance, besides being a die hard Springfield fan, I am a huge football football fan in general and you just have to appreciate that level of effeciency/ability. I do believe teams such as Maryville and Oakland would be too much for them, but outside of that, they have a shot against anybody in TN.....

As a football fan, I believe you will appreciate what I'm about to say. The game of football is often about matchups, this is why I believe head to head scores and comparisons aren't always a good indicator at the HS level. It's also a game played by 15-18 year olds and if you've ever coached kids you know how unpredictable they can be at times  

There are a lot of teams that I believe match up favorably to stop Greeneville, yet may lose to teams Greeneville would beat (i.e. any of the top 3-4 Rutherford County teams, Hillsboro, Whitehaven), as they are big/fast/physical in the box and have the athletes that can play the receivers in zero if needed. Covering in the secondary and having the speed to contain the QB once he breaks the pocket would cause a lot of issues for that offense. Are they better teams than Greeneville? Not necessarily, but they are matchup problems. 

Now before you Greeneville guys get upset, you have one heck of a football team. My point to everything above is that this is a game of matchups played by a bunch of kids. To make a blanket statement that such and such team is the best in the state and would beat anyone is really far fetched, not just for Greeneville but ANYONE. 

• Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, eers said:

As a football fan, I believe you will appreciate what I'm about to say. The game of football is often about matchups, this is why I believe head to head scores and comparisons aren't always a good indicator at the HS level. It's also a game played by 15-18 year olds and if you've ever coached kids you know how unpredictable they can be at times  

There are a lot of teams that I believe match up favorably to stop Greeneville, yet may lose to teams Greeneville would beat (i.e. any of the top 3-4 Rutherford County teams, Hillsboro, Whitehaven), as they are big/fast/physical in the box and have the athletes that can play the receivers in zero if needed. Covering in the secondary and having the speed to contain the QB once he breaks the pocket would cause a lot of issues for that offense. Are they better teams than Greeneville? Not necessarily, but they are matchup problems. 

Now before you Greeneville guys get upset, you have one heck of a football team. My point to everything above is that this is a game of matchups played by a bunch of kids. To make a blanket statement that such and such team is the best in the state and would beat anyone is really far fetched, not just for Greeneville but ANYONE. 

Excellent points for sure, I agree 100% regarding the match-up factor, you can lose to lesser teams due to that alone, I d believe they could at least play with the teams except the couple I mentioned.....

16 hours ago, DevilMan03 said:

That was a game in which Greeneville killed themselves. But the best team won and also won the title. Back to back will be fun yet again 

The cognitive dissonance in this one is strong as a few posts above you’ll see that he attributes Springfield’s “poor” play solely to the exemplary prowess of the best team in America.   What’s good for the goose ain’t good for the gander in devilboy’s world. 

Edited by TomJoad

1 hour ago, TomJoad said:

The cognitive dissonance in this one is strong as a few posts above you’ll see that he attributes Springfield’s “poor” play solely to the exemplary prowess of the best team in America.   What’s good for the goose ain’t good for the gander in devilboy’s world. 

I don't post, just read for the most part.  Big words used incorrectly do not impress many people.  Devilman03 has never had conflicting attitudes, beliefs or behavior toward his beloved football team that would cause him to have feelings of uncomfortable tension.  Just sayin'.  Haters will always hate.

That done, congrats to the undefeated champs!

Can anyone tell me if Seth Crawford will be playing college ball.  I have really enjoyed his play on both offense and defense even if I only get to see highlight films in Nashville.

Edited by coopdawg

27 minutes ago, DANR said:

What is the "fee" to go out of zone?

Tuition is $1,075 to go to Greeneville City school and approval from the school board depending on the Schools Capacity.  To attend any county school there is no tuition you just have to get approval from the school board and provide your own transportation.

20 minutes ago, bobcat93 said:

How many of those schools athletics do the Niswonger family fund besides Greeneville’s?

Niswonger doesn't FUND any schools athletics. He has given Money to the City and County school systems and is the only reason the County schools even have a band program now and building to house it. He has turned Tusculum College into what it is today, Brought a Minor league baseball team to our town, and build a Children's Hospital in Johnson City so he gives to everyone.   Greeneville hold's alot of fund raisers through out the year and has a ton of community support.