Cain Ridge vs. Mairvul

STARSNBARS

Great game last night by Maryville. Y'all didn't miss a beat this year and took care of business as usual.

For all those saying the state championship was last week or that Whitehaven beat themselves or whatever, no. Give CR credit. They beat Whitehaven the defending state champions. They earned a spot in the state championship against the rebels. They didn't play very well but a lot of teams that play in their first state championship or against Maryville look like CR did last night.

Great season CR.

• Like 1

CONGRATS to Maryville on another state title! Has I have said many times, you guys have the program most teams can only dream of. To have a new coach and not miss a beat, just shows the talent you have in your coaching staff and players. You know when you play Maryville you are going to play the most discipline team you will face! Not to mention you have great trick plays if needed and know when to use them! GREAT JOB YEAR IN AND YEAR OUT! The support the fans give the team is second to none as far as I have seen! Also CONGRATS to Cane Ridge you had a great season keep your head up high only two teams made it to the Championship game and I am sure every team that did not make it would of loved to of been in your shoes! You showed real class last night, BE PROUD!

8 minutes ago, BullyDog said:

CONGRATS to Maryville on another state title! Has I have said many times, you guys have the program most teams can only dream of. To have a new coach and not miss a beat, just shows the talent you have in your coaching staff and players. You know when you play Maryville you are going to play the most discipline team you will face! Not to mention you have great trick plays if needed and know when to use them! GREAT JOB YEAR IN AND YEAR OUT! The support the fans give the team is second to none as far as I have seen! Also CONGRATS to Cane Ridge you had a great season keep your head up high only two teams made it to the Championship game and I am sure every team that did not make it would of loved to of been in your shoes! You showed real class last night, BE PROUD!

Thank you BD for the kind words. 

9 hours ago, pepvol said:

I've always Loved it in the past when Maryville has come up short and went out and proudly hoisted that SilverBall up high , It was nice seeing Cane Ridge show a lot of Class tonight , Coach Woods has done a great job and I'm sure he's proud of his young men as he should be . Love seeing Dylan Hopkins , Isaiah Cobb , Blake Watson , Will Orren , Christian Markham and all the other Seniors go out with a Gold Ball ! This team was amazing in just how far they came and how much they improved through the year ... I could mention a few names about people who wanted to question Derek or call it a mistake to hire him ... but I think that's been taken care of now . It was one of the best moments I've ever witnessed when the entire team went to Hug / Bury their new Coach ... The Love that those young men have for Derek was there for the whole world to see ... now everybody else can see what us in the Maryville circle have known for several years ... Derek Hunt is a special young man and Maryville has been the luckiest team in the country to first have Coach George Quarles , and now Coach Derek Hunt ... I bet there's a Furman Coach in Greenville S.C. tonight that's got a bigger grin than anyone else around . 

Cane Ridge was a class act. And their band was AWESOME!!!  The love for and from Derek is amazing.  He loves each of those boys as if they were his own.  Some of these boys don't have a positive male role model in their lives and this coaching staff gives them a little of that.  I am so thankful for the 11 years of Maryville football that my son has been a part of.  This community, the schools and fan base are TOP NOTCH. I will miss it all next year!  :wub:

• Like 2

1 minute ago, MomTo81 said:

Cane Ridge was a class act. And their band was AWESOME!!!  The love for and from Derek is amazing.  He loves each of those boys as if they were his own.  Some of these boys don't have a positive male role model in their lives and this coaching staff gives them a little of that.  I am so thankful for the 11 years of Maryville football that my son has been a part of.  This community, the schools and fan base are TOP NOTCH. I will miss it all next year!  :wub:

It has been fun watching 81 thru the years. You are still a part of it! Best wishes to 81 at AP! 

• Like 1