Cain Ridge vs. Mairvul

STARSNBARS

5 hours ago, baylorbigdog1976 said:

I really like him. great interview...great job this year. Been a fun year - can't believe another one is in the bag already. Best to enjoy life because it will be over with sooner than we know. I keep reminding myself that each year ..its so easy to be negative and see whats wrong in the world when there is so much good and so much to enjoy.  I loved the part where he talks about being able to coach at Maryville. He is living his dream. 

High School football has been enjoyable for me and seeing a young man like this get his shot at such an early age and make the most of it is what life is all about. For us middle age dogs its never too late to make a difference somewhere in this world. Until next year - congratulations to Maryville. 

Thanks a lot BigDog , Maryville is very , very Lucky to have first Coach Quarles and now Coach Hunt . Coach Quarles has been grooming Derek for several years , I believe Coach Quarles knew he might leave someday and he wanted to make sure Maryville was in good hands . 

I mentioned to my wife this Weekend that this Football season was the fastest one ever , It's Amazing how the Older you get , the faster time seems to go ! Congrats to Brentwood Academy on another Championship also , they were a tremendous team , and I hope your sons are doing well . If I remember right they've graduated now , so good luck to them in whatever direction they choose to go . 

Hard to believe the season is already over. Seems like yesterday Maryville was getting ready to play Catholic. 

What a great season for Maryville.  Derek Hunt was outstanding in his 1st year as Head Coach.  We Rebel fans are lucky to have Derek and the rest of that coaching staff. Even without GQ I still think it is the best staff in Tennessee.  Great Men and Coaches.

It has been real fun to watch these seniors this year. Dylan Hopkins was the best QB in Tennessee. Enjoyed watching him.  A lot of those seniors were 3 year starters. Their record was 56-3 with 2 state titles and a runner up. Pretty darn good. I will miss watching them play.

Offense was awesome this year. With a healthy Hopkins no one could stop them. Isiah Cobb and Little Brother Tee Hodge were great at RB. Trace Parris and Bryson Teffeteller could start at a lot of schools. They were good also. OL did a very good job. Receivers were really good. Christian Markham was a 4 year starter. Quick as a cat and tough. AJ Davis is a star and only a Sophomore. TE Blake Watson was a matchup nightmare.

Defense struggled some this year and got much better. A lot of youngsters played this year. Whole DL were underclassmen. They got better as the season went along.  Seniors Anthony Mohr,Tommy Smith and Riley Gennoe played well at LB. Byron Brown,Will Orren,Devon Kimble and Michael Buchanon  got better as the season went along.  At the end of the season defense played very well. 

Always great to see Maryville win a Championship. It never gets old.  Looking forward to next season.  Losing some good players but have a lot of good players returning.

Impressed with the Class Cane Ridge showed the other night.

• Like 1

Great post REBELRON. Sometimes I think football makes time fly because it was just like yesterday the season just started. We'll all be talking about next year in just a matter of time. Like you said earlier the defense struggled at the first of the year but towards the end of the season they came along real well and was a major part of how we got there now. The difference how they played against Ooltewah and the time after was night and day. Some great heads up plays during the playoffs were something to always remember. Next year the strength of the team will be the defense with not only having seven returning starters but many of those positions had two players that you could flip a coin on who should start meaning there will be loads of dept on that side of the ball. It's been history over the past twenty years when one part of the team has heavy losses from graduation another part rises to the occasion. When you give up 51 points in five playoff games against all good teams and 23 points were against the JV and younger kids it's something to look forward to next year.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, REBELRON said:

Hard to believe the season is already over. Seems like yesterday Maryville was getting ready to play Catholic. 

What a great season for Maryville.  Derek Hunt was outstanding in his 1st year as Head Coach.  We Rebel fans are lucky to have Derek and the rest of that coaching staff. Even without GQ I still think it is the best staff in Tennessee.  Great Men and Coaches.

It has been real fun to watch these seniors this year. Dylan Hopkins was the best QB in Tennessee. Enjoyed watching him.  A lot of those seniors were 3 year starters. Their record was 56-3 with 2 state titles and a runner up. Pretty darn good. I will miss watching them play.

Offense was awesome this year. With a healthy Hopkins no one could stop them. Isiah Cobb and Little Brother Tee Hodge were great at RB. Trace Parris and Bryson Teffeteller could start at a lot of schools. They were good also. OL did a very good job. Receivers were really good. Christian Markham was a 4 year starter. Quick as a cat and tough. AJ Davis is a star and only a Sophomore. TE Blake Watson was a matchup nightmare.

Defense struggled some this year and got much better. A lot of youngsters played this year. Whole DL were underclassmen. They got better as the season went along.  Seniors Anthony Mohr,Tommy Smith and Riley Gennoe played well at LB. Byron Brown,Will Orren,Devon Kimble and Michael Buchanon  got better as the season went along.  At the end of the season defense played very well. 

Always great to see Maryville win a Championship. It never gets old.  Looking forward to next season.  Losing some good players but have a lot of good players returning.

Impressed with the Class Cane Ridge showed the other night.

I agree 1000% with your post!  Especially about our great coaching staff.  Best coaching staff hands down!  

I hope to get to a few games next year. Even with 25 seniors graduating, many of our juniors and sophomores have proven to be play-makers.  I can't see what they do next year.

And thanks for the compliment --> "TE Blake Watson was a matchup nightmare".  :thumb:

• Like 1

On 12/5/2017 at 4:56 PM, BCF said:

It was a pure pleasure watching Maryville this year. I'm proud for Alcoa and Greenback also. It was a great place to live this year if you like HS football.

Yes talking about coaching staff's just think within 16 miles you've got three of the best coaching staffs in the whole state!

• Like 2