Cain Ridge vs. Mairvul

STARSNBARS

16 hours ago, pepvol said:

I was blown away at how Classy Cane Ridge was , and after watching the game on TIVO today it was even more impressive hearing the Cane Ridge Players hollering their Congrats and Admiration to the Maryville Players . Also , Cane Ridge's Band put on an Awesome show at Halftime , and One of Their Band Members came over to Maryville's Student section and got the entire Maryville Student section involved in the Show !! That was AWESOME to see the Students from both sections having an absolute BALL Together !! I'm a Total Cane Ridge and Coach Woods fan now and I'll be pulling for them from now on in every game ... unless we play again of course , if we do play again , it will be awesome I'm sure !

Agreed! I saw #58 salute the crowd and the Rebel team, twice, before and after receiving the the CR silver ball.  Their sportmanship is a tribute to their Coaches, fans and administration.

11 minutes ago, OldRebel2 said:

Agreed! I saw #58 salute the crowd and the Rebel team, twice, before and after receiving the the CR silver ball.  Their sportmanship is a tribute to their Coaches, fans and administration.

I recorded the game and watched it last night. You could here the well wishes from their players on tv. Great sportsmanship. A lot to be proud of. 

2 hours ago, OldRebel2 said:

Very refreshing to see for this old man. I even felt like a winner for getting to see it. Thank you to CR and those responsible for the example to those young men. It's a long way from my scoreboard cheer lol.

congrats to maryville and also cane ridge! those boys were definitley a class act! i was so upset i couldn't post all weekend. i got a new phone and the coacht app is no longer working when i downloaded it to my new phone. now i'm at work and can catch up on the t.   congrats to the young coach as well. what an achievement to win state in his first year as hc!

16 hours ago, STARSNBARS said:

Class and Humility....DH makes me proud to be a Rebel....!!!.....:thumb:

I really like him. great interview...great job this year. Been a fun year - can't believe another one is in the bag already. Best to enjoy life because it will be over with sooner than we know. I keep reminding myself that each year ..its so easy to be negative and see whats wrong in the world when there is so much good and so much to enjoy.  I loved the part where he talks about being able to coach at Maryville. He is living his dream. 

High School football has been enjoyable for me and seeing a young man like this get his shot at such an early age and make the most of it is what life is all about. For us middle age dogs its never too late to make a difference somewhere in this world. Until next year - congratulations to Maryville. 

• Like 2

East TN definitely showed out in the State Championships going 5/5.

I did a little research on unapproved website this morning.  There are 14,549 high school football teams in the country. Here is how they rank as of this morning.

Maryville - 56

Knox Catholic - 362

Greeneville - 554

Alcoa - 708

Greenback - 1903

Way to represent East Tennessee!!!